Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
AOR Received.
01-04-2015
DanSlh said:
For csq they don't ask for this information either.
Yeah they don't evaluate the sponsor's financial capacity if they're from Quebec.

kom2013

Oct 7, 2015
Hi all,

Not sure if everybody knows about this but the information in the thread below could be useful to all regardless of which Visa Office you are dealing with:

Case refused in 06/2015, re-opened 10/2015 -- CHC Islamabad/London - Spousal

Just wanted to share.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
kisaki said:
Yeah they don't evaluate the sponsor's financial capacity if they're from Quebec.
While they may ask for financial info for sponsors from outside of Quebec, there is also no financial capacity requirement evaluation either. The only thing they care about is if the sponsor is receiving social assistance or not.

C.

bcn2015

Oct 5, 2015
Hello Everyone,

My file is at Paris Visa Office. Below is the timeline:

App. received at CPC-M: 10 July 2015
AOR1: 9 August 2015
SA: 11 September 2015 (Notified by email, in ecas it still shows in process)
File tranfered to Paris VO: 12 Sept. (in ecas PR app is in process from the same day)

Medical was done UpFront in May 2015 and sent in July along with Spons. and PR application, But in ecas they didn't mention it. (As in many cases they do so)

Now in PR application status:
1. We received your PR app on 10 July 2015.
2. We started processing your app. on 12 Sept 2015.
3. We sent you correspondence on October 5, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required

So this number 3, they asked me for my passport's bio page's photocopy. I've already sent it to them.

Have anyone had similar experience? I don't know why they have asked my passport's copy, as i don't belong to a visa exempt country, (I am an Indian citizen, spanish resident).

And i saw in old posts that they start working on your applications weeks or months after receiving at VO.
Is my application going faster? :p hehe, I wish i get a passport call soon _/\_
Please do share your experiences!

Feb 10, 2015
my file in landon visa office i m from pakistan .... i am oct 13 applicant...first they confirmed about relationship genuine..today i got remdical request .. my ecas showed " in process" on 28-09-2015 ... i wonder why i did not get re-police clearance certificate or any additional documents request...will i get that in next turn Huh
i m from Lahore and i had my upfront medical without appointment.... where to send email for appointment....what should i expect next

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
osamamajeedkan said:
my file in landon visa office i m from pakistan .... i am oct 13 applicant...first they confirmed about relationship genuine..today i got remdical request .. my ecas showed " in process" on 28-09-2015 ... i wonder why i did not get re-police clearance certificate or any additional documents request...will i get that in next turn Huh
i m from Lahore and i had my upfront medical without appointment.... where to send email for appointment....what should i expect next
medical is expired in 1 years while PCC once they put in system PCC ok then they r not asking it again. u r lucky. but if delay is longer then they can again ask PCC, therefore still there are 50 50 chances. but yes medical is done means soon they will process your case

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
bcn2015 said:
Hello Everyone,

My file is at Paris Visa Office. Below is the timeline:

App. received at CPC-M: 10 July 2015
AOR1: 9 August 2015
SA: 11 September 2015 (Notified by email, in ecas it still shows in process)
File tranfered to Paris VO: 12 Sept. (in ecas PR app is in process from the same day)

Medical was done UpFront in May 2015 and sent in July along with Spons. and PR application, But in ecas they didn't mention it. (As in many cases they do so)

Now in PR application status:
1. We received your PR app on 10 July 2015.
2. We started processing your app. on 12 Sept 2015.
3. We sent you correspondence on October 5, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required

So this number 3, they asked me for my passport's bio page's photocopy. I've already sent it to them.

Have anyone had similar experience? I don't know why they have asked my passport's copy, as i don't belong to a visa exempt country, (I am an Indian citizen, spanish resident).

And i saw in old posts that they start working on your applications weeks or months after receiving at VO.
Is my application going faster? :p hehe, I wish i get a passport call soon _/\_
Please do share your experiences!

they have to update GCMS with your passport details and correct names therefore don't worry about visa free or non visa free, this passport copies are for VO records.

bcn2015

Oct 5, 2015
nekeol said:
they have to update GCMS with your passport details and correct names therefore don't worry about visa free or non visa free, this passport copies are for VO records.
Thank you !

caldi33

Oct 6, 2015
Dear all,

I would like to ask if any of you have had a similar experience. My common law partner is a Canadian Citizen. She currently resides outside of Canada, in Macedonia, where we have lived together for 4 years. This summer for the first time, I got a Single Entry Tourist Visa for Canada.I have used this visa, and visited Toronto for a full month.

Now, I would like to ask based on your experience what is the best way that I can get an Immigration visa. My partner is not employed in Canada, and thus has no Canadian employment income. Is it better for me to apply for Immigration visa from Macedonia, or is it better to enter Canada on a tourist visa and then apply for Immigration visa from inside Canada?

Has anyone had an experience such as ours? How long does it take for am Immigration visa to be issued from outside/inside of Canada. The official website cic.gov.ca states rather long times for visa issuance!

tnx

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Hi All,

I am a UK citizen and my girlfriend is a Canadian Citizen, i will be returning to the UK in January and she will follow a couple of months after, we plan on living together the entire time we are there and after a year we will be applying for common-law.

My question is, can we live together in the UK for a year, do the entire application from the UK and then return to Canada once its been approved and i can land as a permanent resident and start working straight away?

thanks.

agandionco

Oct 9, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I think I missed a call from the embassy. I am still waiting for my visa. What am I going to do? Do I need to email them? Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jaybakerca said:
My question is, can we live together in the UK for a year, do the entire application from the UK and then return to Canada once its been approved and i can land as a permanent resident and start working straight away?
Yes

VanessaMoore

Aug 26, 2015
Greetings everyone!
I'm Brazilian, my boyfriend is Canadian. I'm going to visit him this December and we plan on getting married until April, in Canada.

As the date approaches I'm getting super nervous with the possibility of things going wrong, but I must say the rational part of me is sure this is just pre-trip anxiety.

Thing is we've been suffering a lot with a long distance relationship (LDR) for almost a year and once together in December, we don't want to be apart anymore. The outland application seems to be the quicker alternative but my fear about this is: what if I can't renew my stay as a visitor? I truly don't want to leave him again, it was very traumatic the first time - I tried a post-grad work permit but my institution was not on the list anymore. We couldn't figure out another way for me to stay, I ran out of money and had to come back. It was absolutely terrible.
So in case I apply for an extension, would they take in consideration that we would be waiting for a response and not separate us, since we would be married? (Getting there on December 11th, wedding probably happening in April. So I'd have to apply by the end of May to be safe)

We're inclined to try the inland application because it would allow me to work in a few months and I would count on implied status if necessary. It seems to be the right option since our priority is to be together, but I would like to know what you guys think. I'm always interested in points of view.

We're also consulting a lawyer the week after next, so I'm looking into organizing the questions I might address, because I don't to sound completely afraid and put him in an insecure state of mind.

Thank you

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VanessaMoore said:
Greetings everyone!
I'm Brazilian, my boyfriend is Canadian. I'm going to visit him this December and we plan on getting married until April, in Canada.

As the date approaches I'm getting super nervous with the possibility of things going wrong, but I must say the rational part of me is sure this is just pre-trip anxiety.

Thing is we've been suffering a lot with a long distance relationship (LDR) for almost a year and once together in December, we don't want to be apart anymore. The outland application seems to be the quicker alternative but my fear about this is: what if I can't renew my stay as a visitor? I truly don't want to leave him again, it was very traumatic the first time - I tried a post-grad work permit but my institution was not on the list anymore. We couldn't figure out another way for me to stay, I ran out of money and had to come back. It was absolutely terrible.
So in case I apply for an extension, would they take in consideration that we would be waiting for a response and not separate us, since we would be married? (Getting there on December 11th, wedding probably happening in April. So I'd have to apply by the end of May to be safe)

We're inclined to try the inland application because it would allow me to work in a few months and I would count on implied status if necessary. It seems to be the right option since our priority is to be together, but I would like to know what you guys think. I'm always interested in points of view.

We're also consulting a lawyer the week after next, so I'm looking into organizing the questions I might address, because I don't to sound completely afraid and put him in an insecure state of mind.

Thank you
If your primary objective is to stay [legally] in Canada...and as a bonus, be authorized to work ~ 4 months after the application has been submitted (assuming the Pilot OWP program is extended beyond the end of this year), then an Inland application makes sense. Keep in mind, however, that it is recommended that you not leave Canada during what will be about a ~2 year process if you take this option.

Sending the Inland application and the OWP at the same time (in the same envelope) would give you Implied Status, throughout the entire process. However, if either application is returned because of an outdated form, missed signature(s), or incorrect fees paid, it would jeopardize your Implied Status.

Are you planning to retain a lawyer to submit your application, or are you merely consulting with one? Unless you have red flags, and/or issues that are abnormal, you really don't need a lawyer to submit your application, IMHO.

Good luck!

VanessaMoore

Aug 26, 2015
Ponga said:
If your primary objective is to stay [legally] in Canada...and as a bonus, be authorized to work ~ 4 months after the application has been submitted (assuming the Pilot OWP program is extended beyond the end of this year), then an Inland application makes sense. Keep in mind, however, that it is recommended that you not leave Canada during what will be about a ~2 year process if you take this option.

Sending the Inland application and the OWP at the same time (in the same envelope) would give you Implied Status, throughout the entire process. However, if either application is returned because of an outdated form, missed signature(s), or incorrect fees paid, it would jeopardize your Implied Status.

Are you planning to retain a lawyer to submit your application, or are you merely consulting with one? Unless you have red flags, and/or issues that are abnormal, you really don't need a lawyer to submit your application, IMHO.

Good luck!
Many thanks for your prompt response!

I was reading a thread on extensions just about now and It doesn't seem so difficult to get them once you have solid proof someone is responsible for you financially and that you have matters to deal with in Canada. The risk of having it denied is always there though, but it tranquilized me more.

That made me think, because an outland application in Brazil is due in five months now, and applying inland I would have to wait up to four months to get a OWP. I'm just not sure how bad it would be to live under so much pressure.

Also, I don't think we will pursue the application with a lawyer. This first time would only be for consulting. Depending on the decisions we make after that it might be an option.

One more thing, I have a kitty that he already loves and treats like his. Would you think it's too risky to bring her with me this December? I mean, my justification on the trip is to spend holidays with friends and my boyfriend. I guess if I bring the kitty they might suspect I have second intentions in staying? Which is not a lie, but I wonder if this would count negatively as to them giving me six months stay.

Lots of insecurities as you can see. So thank you for your patience.