+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Faolchu said:
is it really taking two years for inland applications?or if an applicant paid all fees in advance,all documentation in order etc would it speed up the process somewhat?
More than two years.

Paying all of the fees and having all documentation in order is what is expected from every applicant, so no...it doesn't speed up anything.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ciscoccie said:
I see a lot of people speaking about re-medical in the spouse sponsership section . Is it because you all provide advance medicals ??
It's because we provided the Medical when we sent in our applications and we expected the whole application to be processed in around 6 Months to 1 year so they would still be valid.

The reason why we have to re-submit them is because the stupid CIC are taking so long in processing the applications. Its normally around 17 Months now until they even START to open your application and process you....so by then the Medical would have expired and you have to spend another $300+ for it. It's a complete sham.

amostpainfulwait

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
27-07-2015; AOR2: 03-08-2015
Hi all,

Sorry I know I have asked this before but I am getting a bit anxious. If any experienced member could answer this, it would be highly appreciated.

This is regarding the RPRF which we were requested last week. Since then, we have had this paid and faxed the receipt to CIC (We have applied outland and my wife's file has been In Process (on ECAS) at SVO since Aug 14, 2015).

1. How close are we to getting a PPR (if at all)? How long does it take to get a PPR after the RPRF has been paid? The SVO email just mentions: "Please follow the steps below so that we can continue processing your application." but it does not say or indicate that they are nearing the end of the processing phase. It simply mentions that the fee is required to continue with their processing (I guess I would like to know if anyone knows this: do they check to see if the fee is paid when they first touch the file at the outland VO, or is it towards the end of their processing?).

2. Is there any way to confirm whether SVO has obtained the confirmation of payment?

3. Can we still get called for an interview? We are really hoping to not get on the interview queue list as being on that list adds a year or two to the wait time at SVO.

Thanks folks!

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Question on behalf of a friend:

Couple getting married soon, applicant is from UK, sponsor is a Canadian citizen.

They are getting married in Canada. Can they apply inland right after marriage? UK is visa exempt so can they just send an application with owp after getting married? Would the applicant be on implied status then?

Thanks!

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MaryLou6 said:

Couple getting married soon, applicant is from UK, sponsor is a Canadian citizen.

They are getting married in Canada. Can they apply inland right after marriage? UK is visa exempt so can they just send an application with owp after getting married? Would the applicant be on implied status then?

Thanks!
I believe the UK citizen would be on visitor status, so yes they could apply. Is your friend aware that they can apply outland even if they are living in Canada? Outland applications are much faster, and totally worth it if the UK spouse is okay with being unable to work while the application processes.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
KelseyTVS said:
I believe the UK citizen would be on visitor status, so yes they could apply. Is your friend aware that they can apply outland even if they are living in Canada? Outland applications are much faster, and totally worth it if the UK spouse is okay with being unable to work while the application processes.
Thanks KelseyTVS, +1!

I will let them know, I think they want to be together finally, and the OWP is making them consider the inland way. CIC in London, UK, takes 28 months now, which seems just crazy.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
MaryLou6 said:
Thanks KelseyTVS, +1!

I will let them know, I think they want to be together finally, and the OWP is making them consider the inland way. CIC in London, UK, takes 28 months now, which seems just crazy.
London doesn't take 28 months for UK citizens. It's well less than half of that. If I was a UK citizen I would definitely apply outand.

Tunczyk

Dec 17, 2014
Kamloops, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-10-2015
MaryLou6 said:

Thanks!
The link below will take you to the London VO spreadsheet, where you will find the latest statistics, processing times and timelines for applicants doing the outland family class PR sponsorship. Good luck to your friend and her husband!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kYJ0Xo_jHLeArkCVeicZyqIE8YLpnZqVJlFrnpmKMx0/edit

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
It's because we provided the Medical when we sent in our applications and we expected the whole application to be processed in around 6 Months to 1 year so they would still be valid.

The reason why we have to re-submit them is because the stupid CIC are taking so long in processing the applications. Its normally around 17 Months now until they even START to open your application and process you....so by then the Medical would have expired and you have to spend another $300+ for it. It's a complete sham.
It's hard to say if it's a complete sham, or if it's just because they're imbeciles.
deal
If you passed the medical when you submitted your application, why can't they just accept that and move on. Why the extra layer? Same deal with the police clearances.

It's not like they made people from 2012 take an extra medical a year after they landed to see if they should be kicked out of the country.
Literally the only difference in the equation is that CIC hibernated for a year.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
scylla said:
London doesn't take 28 months for UK citizens. It's well less than half of that. If I was a UK citizen I would definitely apply outand.
The link below will take you to the London VO spreadsheet, where you will find the latest statistics, processing times and timelines for applicants doing the outland family class PR sponsorship. Good luck to your friend and her husband!
Thanks Scylla and Tunczyk, +1 for both!

This helps a lot, I will let them know outland is better!

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a quick question with the RPRF fee ($490)

I already have DM and on that letter it states that my local office is going to contact me for the Landing Interview on this paper it states that I still have to pay the fee.

I have not paid the RPRF fee yet and I don't really plan on doing so until a week in advance (personal reasons)

That is not going to hold up my Interview date right? They are still going to send me a Landing Interview and state that I will need to bring in and show proof I have paid my RPRF fee.

I just don't want to pay it right now and then realize that they have put a pause on my interview date because I have not paid the fee..

I have just seen many Interview letters on here which tell the Applicant and Sponsor to bring in the proof they have paid at the interview, so I think its OK??

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:

I already have DM and on that letter it states that my local office is going to contact me for the Landing Interview on this paper it states that I still have to pay the fee.

I have not paid the RPRF fee yet and I don't really plan on doing so until a week in advance (personal reasons)

That is not going to hold up my Interview date right? They are still going to send me a Landing Interview and state that I will need to bring in and show proof I have paid my RPRF fee.

I just don't want to pay it right now and then realize that they have put a pause on my interview date because I have not paid the fee..

I have just seen many Interview letters on here which tell the Applicant and Sponsor to bring in the proof they have paid at the interview, so I think its OK??
I know of one other applicant, who got a DM and was instructed to pay the fee right away, before getting the Landing Letter.
It's a standard letter, it always say to bring the same few things - this call-in notice, proof of payment, passport, permits, photos.

Honestly, try to pay for it asap. I'm not sure if it will delay your landing appointment but it might.

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
Jamesdavid3 said:

If you are worried about your interview being delayed pay the fee.

If you cannot afford the fee, borrow the money from friends/family to get it paid. It sounds like it would be a short term loan anyhow.

Only CIC can tell you if your interview will be delayed for not paying RPRF upfront. Even then, I doubt they would.

If the look at applications when booking interviews and see an application with the fee paid, and one that has not been paid, they *may* prioritize the application of the individual who has paid.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kettle said:
If you are worried about your interview being delayed pay the fee.

If you cannot afford the fee, borrow the money from friends/family to get it paid. It sounds like it would be a short term loan anyhow.

Only CIC can tell you if your interview will be delayed for not paying RPRF upfront. Even then, I doubt they would.

If the look at applications when booking interviews and see an application with the fee paid, and one that has not been paid, they *may* prioritize the application of the individual who has paid.
Ok thanks, There doesn't seem much concrete evidence as in the DM letter they did state that my Local office will be contacting me, I would expect more of letter which states, you have not paid your RPRF fee and please pay immediately do we can schedule in for a Interview..etc