+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

bhupi80singh

Aug 5, 2013
Hi, I have posted the case of my brother earlier and now adding an update. His visa was denied first time and appeal too. Then a fresh application was submitted in 2012 and his interview was conducted at ND on May 2, 2013. We didn't hear back anything from the embassy till now. I have filed for GCMNotes last month and 30 days will be up next week. Today his status online is showing "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision." How long would it take to know the outcome and can we expect the kind of output?

Thanks!

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
MSAM said:
salam ,
i'm from pakistan and ....i hv done my remedical 10th june 2013 and send to islamabad embassy..... still waiting for ppr .... .... anybody i here who is still waiting for ppr after remedical ... please answer me ... i'm so worried .....
MSAM, sorry I don't know anything about your case or timeline. Did you get an email requesting remedical? And if so did they ask you for anything else or just remedial? What is your timeline?

nosh

Dec 31, 2013
Hi all

I posted these questions a few weeks ago, but got no reply. I'm hoping someone can respond this time. I have tried emailing the visa office here in Abu Dhabi, but the wait is about 3 weeks for an answer. Even if someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great.

I am a Canadian citizen and my husband is American. We have been living overseas for 5 years (since Aug 2008 for my husband and Jan 2009 for me). We met here. We were married in the US in December 2011 and had a church wedding in the US in August 2012. We had a daughter in May 2013. We are planning on moving to Ontario in June 2014. We are in process of filling out the forms for family class spousal sponsorship.

1. Do I, as a spouse/sponsor, need an Option C print out from the Notice of Assessment? (Since I am non-resident of Canada, my most recent tax filing was for the 2009 tax year.)
I'm not sure how to approach the financial proof for our application since I have lived overseas for 5 years. I have been employed during this time. And I am capable of supporting the family in Canada, but I do not have a job offer in Canada yet.[/i][/i]
2. When can we apply for a work permit for my husband (the applicant)? Does he remain unemployed until he gets his PR or can he work before this?
3. Can we send forms to CIC Mississauga in the next month or so and then move to Canada as a family in July 2014 and wait for PR there?

thanks in advance for your help

banana_0013

Nov 10, 2012
Hi all,
I am still in the process of getting the PR and have reached the stage of requesting medicals. I was planning to getting married in the summer of 2014; however, I am thinking to reschedule my marriage to an earlier date in order to add my wife to my PR application. is this a faster option as spousal sponsorship can be lengthy?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
banana_0013 said:
Hi all,
I am still in the process of getting the PR and have reached the stage of requesting medicals. I was planning to getting married in the summer of 2014; however, I am thinking to reschedule my marriage to an earlier date in order to add my wife to my PR application. is this a faster option as spousal sponsorship can be lengthy?
It is usually faster to add your wife to your application than to sponsor. Added that adding her may delay your own PR but if you sponsor, you would have to wait until you have your PR to start and then you may have to be separated from your wife for a long time while the sponsorship is being processed.

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
I am new in this forum.

Here is my timeline :

Visa office : Singapore.

Application for spousal immigration recieved by CIC Missi : Dec 05, 2013.

AOR recived : Jan 01, 2014.

ESCAS changed to Decision Made with a comments that a written decison sent to me : Jan 08, 2014, 11-00 pm pacific time.

ESCAS added to Sponsored person as Medical Report received: Jan 11, 2014, at 11-00 pm Pacific time.

Does it mean SA approved and file is in Singapore VO as there is update in ESCAS that Medical Report recieved ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nosh said:
1. Do I, as a spouse/sponsor, need an Option C print out from the Notice of Assessment? (Since I am non-resident of Canada, my most recent tax filing was for the 2009 tax year.)
I'm not sure how to approach the financial proof for our application since I have lived overseas for 5 years. I have been employed during this time. And I am capable of supporting the family in Canada, but I do not have a job offer in Canada yet.[/i][/i]
2. When can we apply for a work permit for my husband (the applicant)? Does he remain unemployed until he gets his PR or can he work before this?
3. Can we send forms to CIC Mississauga in the next month or so and then move to Canada as a family in July 2014 and wait for PR there?

1. Include 2009 and include all your tax papers overseas since then. Include a letter explaining this is all you have.

2. If you apply outland, there is no work permit and he is officially not allowed to move until he gets his PR but he can visit. He would not be allowed to work until he gets his PR.

3. If you apply while living overseas, you have to show plans to move to Canada once he gets his PR. If you are satisfied you can show such plans, you can apply now. You can move to Canada in June 2014 and he can come with you as a visitor but keep in mind, if somebody asks, he is not officially moving yet, just helping you :)

RikazaCAN

Jan 12, 2014
Hello guys, just got aa few questions!

my husband and i got married Jan 2013 in LONDON UK,
my husband unfortunately had to go back home home which is Sri lanka since his visa was done. The London office claimed they sent my file to the Colombo office October 2013 and it would take 8 weeks for the file to go to Sri Lanka, it is now Jan 2014 and still have not heard anything from the Colombo office. I have emailed them Plenty of times they keep telling me my file is in "transit" it takes them about 3 months to transfer a file? i am very frustrated and confused. i dont know if my file is lost ? :( does anybody know why its taking so long for the file to get to sri lanka? has anybody been in the same position? please let me know!

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nosh said:
Hi all

I posted these questions a few weeks ago, but got no reply. I'm hoping someone can respond this time. I have tried emailing the visa office here in Abu Dhabi, but the wait is about 3 weeks for an answer. Even if someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great.

I am a Canadian citizen and my husband is American. We have been living overseas for 5 years (since Aug 2008 for my husband and Jan 2009 for me). We met here. We were married in the US in December 2011 and had a church wedding in the US in August 2012. We had a daughter in May 2013. We are planning on moving to Ontario in June 2014. We are in process of filling out the forms for family class spousal sponsorship.

1. u can show the 2009 tax filing details..thn u can attach the oversease employment details including copy of ur visa details ( photocopy of visa stamped on the passport) , offer letter, pay slips etc as supporting documents. remember that u actually dont need to show income details if u r sponsoring ur spouse but its better to keep all these documents.
2. he doent need a work permit once he gets PR. as a visitor he cannot work or apply for work permit ( but rule is different for US citizens, i dont have much idea about it)

3. u can send forms to cic mississauga as early as possble to save time.but ur husb wont be able to travel to canada untill he gets PR, but he can be thr as a visitor but not sure and for US citizn i think that its a diffrnt category.better to check this out if possble

u can try calling the cic helpline,,sometimes they may help u

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RikazaCAN said:
Hello guys, just got aa few questions!

my husband and i got married Jan 2013 in LONDON UK,
my husband unfortunately had to go back home home which is Sri lanka since his visa was done. The London office claimed they sent my file to the Colombo office October 2013 and it would take 8 weeks for the file to go to Sri Lanka, it is now Jan 2014 and still have not heard anything from the Colombo office. I have emailed them Plenty of times they keep telling me my file is in "transit" it takes them about 3 months to transfer a file? i am very frustrated and confused. i dont know if my file is lost ? :( does anybody know why its taking so long for the file to get to sri lanka? has anybody been in the same position? please let me know!
r u a citizn of UK or canada? whn did u file ur cic applcation? did u request the cic to transfer ur file to srilanka visa office? if so when was this? whwn did he travel to srilanka?? without all these info its difficult to ans

Blissy_78

May 9, 2013
Hi everyone!

A blessed New Year to all! I am currently completing my documents under the Application for Permanent Residence from within Canada and I would like to make sure that we filled out all the forms correctly.

First of all, I was undecided which way to go for the application, whether inland or outland but I chose the first one, although I've been told that the latter would be more faster in terms of it's processing timeline. I just figured since I am here in Canada as a TFW and my work permit does not expire until July 2014, I could apply for open work permit at the same time, and that would extend my stay here just the same.

I just have one quick question under IMM 0008 form question #4- should I write down Manila Philippines since it's my country of nationality or CPC Mississauga or Vegreville?, since I've been legally admitted in Canada for more than 2 years now.

Thanks!

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
OKLandman said:
What happens if they don't get you your case notes within 30 days? Do you call them?
Hey OKLandman, did you request an lectronic or paper file? If you applied for the electronic file with the Canadian making the application with the permission form and it's been more than 30 days, you should email them. Nothing will 'happen' per say, but there is a complaint process they give you a link to if you so chose

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shaw said:
I am new in this forum.

Here is my timeline :

Visa office : Singapore.

Application for spousal immigration recieved by CIC Missi : Dec 05, 2013.

AOR recived : Jan 01, 2014.

ESCAS changed to Decision Made with a comments that a written decison sent to me : Jan 08, 2014, 11-00 pm pacific time.

ESCAS added to Sponsored person as Medical Report received: Jan 11, 2014, at 11-00 pm Pacific time.

Does it mean SA approved and file is in Singapore VO as there is update in ESCAS that Medical Report recieved ?
Hi
I have the same case my sponsor recieved an email from cic confirming that he is approved as a sponsor , then my ecase changed to medical recieved so check your email i think you will find the decision good luck

RikazaCAN

Jan 12, 2014
I am a Canadian citizen I applied to sponsor my
Husband on January the 30th 2013 he went to Sri Lanka
May the 20 2013 the London office transferred
My file to the Colombo office since my husband was asked to come for
An interview when he was in Sri Lankan in sept 2013.
My file is still in transit . They sent my file to combo October 16 2013 and it's still not at Sri Lanka !!