16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hi Everyone,

I am just letting you know, I came to a solution. I won't appeal. It makes no sense, I would loose it anyways, and by that time all of my documents will be expired... And I need to enrol the kids into kindergarten latest this January and as long as they are only visitors in Canada, Hungarian law applies to them. But anyhow, we will go ahead with the sponsorship, we are sending a copy of the refusal letter to CPC with a cover letter I wrote, and it should be enough. Less than 2 months and we should be in process again.
My Husband will come for a visit in the beginning of next year, I can't wait :(

We are thinking about applying for his Hungarian citizenship, which should be really simple for him as all of his relatives are Hungarians, only he was born in Canada, so he does not need to meet residency obligations, a job or a place to live, not even an exam. I was reading on the webpage that dual citizenship might be not a good thing, but I got soooooooo confused about it... I really don't see the bad side of it, or I just don't understand. Could anyone help in this?
Actually in my opinion it wouldn't hurt him to be a citizen in Hungary, because this way he would become a full member of the EU which offers a lot more other than being visa exempt to these countries.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hungary said:
I was reading on the webpage that dual citizenship might be not a good thing, but I got soooooooo confused about it...
Canada has no problems with dual citizens.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
If your inland application is denied and you cannot appeal, what would your next step be? Can you re-submit after a certain period of time? Can you remain in Canada anyway with your spouse until you resolve issues?

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Leon said:
Canada has no problems with dual citizens.
Oh. Okay ;) thanks.

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
zardoz said:
If you believe that you are entitled to an OWP based on your previous employment, (and I may have misunderstood you), why not apply for it separately from the sponsorship application? You are permitted to have two applications running at the same time.
as much as i love too the thing is i have to pay the fees again and as ive said i dont have anymore savings in my account and its really embarrassing if i will sk mu husband again for a money, he did pay all the expenses for my application the last time worth 1,190 cad :( i don.t want to ask money again zardoz

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Hi everyone!

My husband was asked for additional documentation. They received it all August 9th. How long does it take for them to send you news after that?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
KaZRa said:
If your inland application is denied and you cannot appeal, what would your next step be? Can you re-submit after a certain period of time? Can you remain in Canada anyway with your spouse until you resolve issues?
If inland app is denied then the applicant loses implied status, and would most likely be faced with a deportation order shortly after the refusal. In this case it would be more difficult to get a new visitor visa to come back to Canada, since the rejected applicant would be seen as more of a risk to overstay.

When the problem that caused the rejection in the first place has been rectified, then you can re-submit a new application. As far as I know there is no specific time you must wait before re-submission, but if the original problem wasn't addressed and fixed then there would be no reason not to expect another rejection. Obviously if the applicant is back in their home country, this will need to be an outland app.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KaZRa said:
Are denials rare for inland apps? Especially if there is no concern that the marriage is legit.
If there are no concerns that the marriage is legit, they could still deny based on background checks, criminality etc. They can also deny if they find out you misrepresented yourself or if you have dependent children who don't pass background checks.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
KaZRa said:
Are denials rare for inland apps? Especially if there is no concern that the marriage is legit.
In general, I think the rejection rate out of Vegreville for family class is around 10%.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
KaZRa said:
What do you mean by misrepresented yourself?
Misrepresenting is lying about or omitting a material fact. Example: saying you have no children when you actually do, saying you are single when you are in fact married, failing to mention a past marriage. etc.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
scylla said:
Misrepresenting is lying about or omitting a material fact. Example: saying you have no children when you actually do, saying you are single when you are in fact married, failing to mention a past marriage. etc.
Ok, I gotcha. I thought you meant when he enters the country bc he didn't plan to say he's getting married lol. Am I right in assuming they would deny entry if he declared that?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KaZRa said:
Ok, I gotcha. I thought you meant when he enters the country bc he didn't plan to say he's getting married lol. Am I right in assuming they would deny entry if he declared that?
They may deny entry to anyone they think may overstay. If he comes saying he is getting married, they might just deny entry. It's not worth the risk anyway. He will not get in trouble for not disclosing that. However, lying about background like saying on forms that he has worked when he was unemployed, saying he has completed an education he didn't complete, those are serious things even though they may not seem very important.

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
Hello friends: After a long investigation, it was found that my spouse was 'cheating' on me. She finally confessed it by herself and her family kicked her out of home. She has NO place to live but with her friend for a while. Now she is requesting to 'forgive' her and to accept her apology to come back to my life!! But I am so much shocked and hurt by her self-confession of 'cheating'. I can forgive her. But can I really 'trust' her anymore in my life? She is feeling insecured for the rest of her life. I have decided to divorce her anyway.
However, I want to cancel/withdraw her "Sponsorship Application". How can I write the "REASON for WITHDRAWAL". Please help me - writing the reason for withdrawal of the sponsorship application. It is urgent. Because her re-medical is done last month. She is now waiting for PPR. I am scared to bring her over. PLEASE help, brothers and sisters, in the forum. Thank you.