Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
You have to be a Canadian Citizen living in Canada to order the notes on behalf of your spouse and provide proof. So make a scanned copy of the main page of your passport and drivers license to attach to the GCMS notes application.
You have to choose the option "Access to Information Act"
And when asked if you are requesting info on your own behalf you choose "no"
You MUST have/provide her file # and and UCI #. You can find it in any correspondence you received from CIC regarding the Sponsorship application.

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Leon said:
Processing times as seen on the CIC website right now, 10 months first stage and 8 months for 2nd, see htt p:// ww w. cic. gc.c a / english/information/times/perm-fc. asp A while ago, the first stage was listed as 6 months but I had heard from people that the reality was more like 8 to 10 so I guess they have now updated the website to match.

If she is eligible to apply under live-in caregiver class, you could apply for that too as well as open work permit for that. It is not forbidden to apply for PR under 2 classes at the same time. However, you would have to pay the fees for the 2nd application as well.

If you do not pay the right of PR fee right away for the live-in caregiver application, it would just be the processing fee that you have to pay. When she gets her first stage approval for spousal, you could cancel the live-in caregiver application and if they haven't started processing it, it is possible that you get your money back.
this is kind'a confusing, on the spousal sponsorship we paid everything including the right of PR, but in our application we included her status in canada as live in caregiver is that okay, thank you so much for all of your reply leon, you are so nice

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
After filling the online request I believe it will show an option to make the payment of the 5 dollars fee, which you'll be able to do online with a credit card.
It will also tell you when/how to attach your spouse's form and your scanned docs.
I'd suggest you take a look at this video here to get familiarized with it before you apply: http://goo.gl/zl3UP

After you receive the notes (it takes 30 days) it will be very helpful to read this guide here to understand what the notes mean: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17KrJmBgFUS4UakcSu8ecSQnZn0z9UGmxc9oJ7WOP4LM/edit

I hope I was helpful.
Good luck ;)

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
KaZRa said:
Is there usually an issue applying for extensions? I am agonizing over this bc I want to choose the best route to take; inland or outland. Plus we want to make sure that once he gets here we can remain together. Any advice? Please, I want to make sure we do this right.

Can anyone comment on this? I am still struggling with inland over outland and trying to come up with the best route to take. I do like inland bc of the ability to apply for OWP which gives implied status. Then again I do like outland bc you can travel, plus it's appealable and supposedly quicker. Downside is we would have to keep applying for extensions for my fiance. Any advice on which is better? Has anyone had any dealings with continually applying for extensions? Is one considered a more pain free route to take? Help lol

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
KaZRa said:
Can anyone comment on this? I am still struggling with inland over outland and trying to come up with the best route to take. I do like inland bc of the ability to apply for OWP which gives implied status. Then again I do like outland bc you can travel, plus it's appealable and supposedly quicker. Downside is we would have to keep applying for extensions for my fiance. Any advice on which is better? Has anyone had any dealings with continually applying for extensions? Is one considered a more pain free route to take? Help lol
Hi, somebody will probably help you, who knows a lot more about these things...
But you know the basic difference between the two ways. It should be enough to chose :)
Extensions are not always granted, but in case of an inland app, the applicant must stay in Canada as I know, so I suppose you would get the extensions.
But hold on, I am kind of new to this forum, somebody will probably reply. They are really nice and gives good adivices.
Oh btw in my opinion both inland and outland is really nerve wrecking ::)

sicilian85

Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2013
AOR Received.
August 20th, 2013
File Transfer...
August 29th, 2013
Med's Done....
July 17th, 2013
Passport Req..
September 13th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: April 26th, DM: May 8th
Guys, I need some help

3 weeks back I got laid off and within a week I joined another company and working since then. Do I have to notify New Delhi VO regarding my job change? If so should I submit letter from employer or anything else ?

Thing is I got SA and got PPR and submitted passport as well, so do they still verify my application ?

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jayshe25 said:
this is kind'a confusing, on the spousal sponsorship we paid everything including the right of PR, but in our application we included her status in canada as live in caregiver is that okay, thank you so much for all of your reply leon, you are so nice
What you did is absolutely fine but an OWP with a spousal application can take around 10 months.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KaZRa said:
Immigration is never pain free. Which of them is more pain free than the other depends on your preference. You have identified the difference.

Inland gives implied status as long as your partner doesn't leave Canada. Inland gives an open work permit after around 10 months currently, as long as you aren't sent to interview without first stage approval, then it might take another year or possibly longer. With inland, your partner needs to stay in Canada. If money gets tight, your partner can not decide to go back home and get a job for a while because if an inland applicant isn't residing in Canada any more, they aren't inland any more and the application is gone as soon as immigration finds out. If your partner needs to travel, say family emergency, if he is visa exempt, he should be able to re-enter without a problem but if he isn't visa exempt and he leaves and for some reason can't come back (new TRV would most likely be refused based on risk of overstay), you would lose the application. It is generally not recommend to travel during inland processing because of that risk. So yes, implied status, open work permit but your partner is sitting around in Canada with no friends and nothing to do but wait while you are supporting both of you. Naturally this can cause a strain on your relationship.

Outland, sometimes faster than inland and sometimes slower. Depends on the processing country and right now because of the strike, maybe even slower than usually. No open work permit but full freedom of travel. If somebody is located in Canada and is in the process of being sponsored, their visitor status extensions are usually approved.

Have you looked up the processing times in your partners country? Maybe you should do that before you make up your mind.

satrup

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Canada-India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27 2013
AOR Received.
May 02 2013
File Transfer...
May 02 2013
Med's Request
March 03 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 2013
Interview........
Jan 22 2013
Passport Req..
June-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 31 2014
LANDED..........
Sometime in February
sicilian85 said:
Guys, I need some help

3 weeks back I got laid off and within a week I joined another company and working since then. Do I have to notify New Delhi VO regarding my job change? If so should I submit letter from employer or anything else ?

Thing is I got SA and got PPR and submitted passport as well, so do they still verify my application ?

Thanks
I don't think you can give them any information. But you must send your spouse all the information - so that she can convey if asked.

kritterCAN

Sep 16, 2013
hi im new to this so i hope i dont confuse anyone

i am a canadian cittizen sponsoring my common law partner who is a uk citizen. we have been together for 6 years but have been travelling and living and working in various countries since we met, including eachothers countries.
my question is do i consider our year of common law relationship to be when we lived in one place for 12 consecutive months or can and should it be 12 consecutive months even though our place of residence changed multiple times??

just putting together the app package now and trying to get it all right.
as well he is in the uk still for work and i am in canada so we apply as outland correct? he doesnt have to be here? otherwise if he comes here he will be a visitor and unable to work, better for us for him to be there working!

thanks for you help

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kritterCAN said:
my question is do i consider our year of common law relationship to be when we lived in one place for 12 consecutive months or can and should it be 12 consecutive months even though our place of residence changed multiple times??

as well he is in the uk still for work and i am in canada so we apply as outland correct? he doesnt have to be here?
You may have been living in different places as long as you were together and can prove it.

You will apply outland picking the forms for "my partner lives outside Canada". That's also known as outland. He doesn't have to be with you but if he wants to visit, he can.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Leon said:
It is generally not recommend to travel during inland processing because of that risk.
Leon,

This is the advice that's generally given on the forum. But Section 23.1 of OP 11 makes it sound relatively safe after AIP has been granted. Obviously, the consequences of a refusal would be serious, but the risk seems very low based on that. I know OP11 is about TRVs, which aren't the same thing as a POE, but I imagine the considerations would be similar.

What can you say about travelling after AIP, based on what you know and what's been reported?

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
I want to ask about processing time

The VO time now is 18 months , when they start to calculate it
from the day that CIC received the whole file or since SA
or just calculates processing times from the day VO receives an application ??

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
mosaab said:
I want to ask about processing time

The VO time now is 18 months , when they start to calculate it
from the day that CIC received the whole file or since SA
or just calculates processing times from the day VO receives an application ??
From the date that the visa office received it.

eeza

May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013,package resent due to no med,24-02-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
nov.6,2013
LANDED..........
dec.10,2013
nanediniz said:
You have to be a Canadian Citizen living in Canada to order the notes on behalf of your spouse and provide proof. So make a scanned copy of the main page of your passport and drivers license to attach to the GCMS notes application.
You have to choose the option "Access to Information Act"
And when asked if you are requesting info on your own behalf you choose "no"
You MUST have/provide her file # and and UCI #. You can find it in any correspondence you received from CIC regarding the Sponsorship application.
my husband is my sponsor and he is in canada.