05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Mirna Lola said:
Parker 24. God bless you :D . Makes me happy to see I am not being ignored and left alone with my freak out's .

What did you guys do (inland vs out) ?

Im from Croatia- visa granted at port of entry.
In 2009 when they decided that all of us Croatians can come and explore Canada they closed up visa office in Zagreb (they still have consulate for Canadian citizens living/visiting Croatia.) so technically I would have to send it off to either Beograd in Serbia or Vienna in Austria (neither of which are considered to be fast.)

Also Croatia just became member of EU. Im really not sure does that changes anything when it comes to processing applications or not.
My husband was in Canada while applying outland, he's from the USA. Are you a citizen of either of those? I'm gonna check to see where Croatia files go. Hold up.

OKAY! Yours will go to Vienna :) The average time for 80% of the applications are done within 11 months (after about a month for first stage). That is outland.

Inland timelines is a total of 14 months. So outland is still faster for you, but up to you which route you take :)

Mirna Lola

Mar 26, 2012
parker24 said:
My husband was in Canada while applying outland, he's from the USA. Are you a citizen of either of those? I'm gonna check to see where Croatia files go. Hold up.

OKAY! Yours will go to Vienna :) The average time for 80% of the applications are done within 11 months (after about a month for first stage). That is outland.

Inland timelines is a total of 14 months. So outland is still faster for you, but up to you which route you take :)

Parker24 your optimism is contagious ;D . Ya, okay...so 11 months outland and 14 inland. 3 months ain't such a big difference and if im correct I don't get to apply for OWP with outland one...and OWP is in the first stage of inland one,so wouldn't it be better to go for inland one since with that one I can start working after initial stage (6-8 months according to CIC) ???
Down fall of inland one= no home visits until approved :(
Pros how ever are maintained implied status of my visitors visa and OWP.

Down fall of outland one= have to re-new my status here\reapply for a visa (I will probably get denied-I kid you not)
Pros.... what exactly are the pros on this one in my situation??

:)

MistahFixIt

Dec 30, 2008
Newfoundland
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M => CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
20-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
Hel-lo... Sponsorship assessment time has gone down by TWO WHOLE DAYS! :D

Also they've moved up to June 19th. This pleases me.

J

johnjarim

Dear Canada forum,
Situation is:
My wife lives in Canada, she finished her study and applied for Post Grad work permit when she applied online there was an option to apply for spouse who reside different country..now she got her 3 yrs work permit but haven't heard anything from CIC about her spouse application..was it correct that she applied for spouse with her work permit application or spouse has to be in Canada for this kind of application>

Please help!

Jan 22, 2013
HI My wife is PR in Ontario, Canada.
We have filed our application and sponsorship approval has been made. Now New Delhi CHC has asked for my passport and we also have submitted since more than a month .as strike is going on it will take bit longer time . Now Can My wife Who is sponsor can visit me to india for two months?

Jan 22, 2013
check this
Statement by the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers: Offer of Binding Arbitration

Tim Edwards, President of the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO), issued the following statement on July 18, 2013 in Ottawa:

“In light of the severe and mounting impacts of job action by Canadaʼs Foreign Service on our countryʼs tourism, education, air transport, and agriculture sectors – to say
nothing of the effects which delays in visa and immigrant processing are inflicting on applicants and their families around the world – PAFSO has today offered the President
of the Treasury Board to take our dispute to binding third-party arbitration.

“PAFSOʼs offer will expire at noon on Tuesday, July 23. If we do not receive acceptance in writing from the employer by then, we will deem the Government to have rejected the
offer.

“The key issue since day one has been equal pay for equal work in comparison to other federal government professionals. This issue has been festering for eight years. We were prevented from resolving these salary gaps in 2009 when the Government circumvented collective bargaining and imposed wages through legislation. Despite
PAFSO accepting the employerʼs two key demands in the current round of bargaining, the Government has refused to acknowledge this salary discrimination. Job action was
the only tool left to us under the laws which govern collective bargaining.

“Eliminating wage gaps between Foreign Service officers and comparable professional groups in the federal public service would cost $4.2 million, a tiny fraction of the massive fallout the Government is inflicting on the Canadian economy through their inflexibility. The Governmentʼs reluctance to settle this dispute – for what amounts to 1.5% of the estimated fallout on tourism alone – is unreasonable and irresponsible. It is in everyoneʼs best interest that the dispute be resolved as soon as possible.

“PAFSO is not as eager as our employer to keep playing a game of ʻchickenʼ while Jeopardizing the livelihoods of tens of thousands of Canadians nationwide. PAFSO has heard the concerns of Canadians and Canadian businesses. This is why we have taken the decision to act responsibly and commit to finding alternate solutions in the face of the Governmentʼs stubborn refusal to compromise.

“We are prepared to maintain our strike through the summer and deep into the fall if necessary. We would prefer that the employer accept our offer of binding arbitration so we can get back to doing what we do best: building a more prosperous, secure, and diverse future for Canada. If the Government sincerely believes its offer is ʻfair and reasonableʼ, they should have no concerns with presenting that position to an independent third party. We await the Governmentʼs response.”

can_4visa

Jun 23, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
File Transfer...
23-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Passport Req..
24-05-2013 (As per GCMS notes)- missed it as no email received.
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2013
LANDED..........
07-12-2013
bhavikpatel7789 said:
HI My wife is PR in Ontario, Canada.
We have filed our application and sponsorship approval has been made. Now New Delhi CHC has asked for my passport and we also have submitted since more than a month .as strike is going on it will take bit longer time . Now Can My wife Who is sponsor can visit me to india for two months?
I think she can visit you but not for this much duration as she's a PR holder. You can post your queries at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2013-applicants-t132103.5055.html

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Mirna Lola said:
Parker24 your optimism is contagious ;D . Ya, okay...so 11 months outland and 14 inland. 3 months ain't such a big difference and if im correct I don't get to apply for OWP with outland one...and OWP is in the first stage of inland one,so wouldn't it be better to go for inland one since with that one I can start working after initial stage (6-8 months according to CIC) ???
Down fall of inland one= no home visits until approved :(
Pros how ever are maintained implied status of my visitors visa and OWP.

Down fall of outland one= have to re-new my status here\reapply for a visa (I will probably get denied-I kid you not)
Pros.... what exactly are the pros on this one in my situation??

:)
Why would you be denied? My husband applied three times for extensions and got them haha. He came here as a visitor May 2011, we applied March 2012 and he landed Jan 2013 :p You can apply for the extension online and it's 75 dollars.

Pros for Outland: If something were to happen in your family back home, you would be able to go there without risking your application.
It's faster :p
Generally, if you come back after going home and show proof of the outland application (usually the sponsor approval works) you would be let in.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
terki said:
COMPUTERGREEK-

Posting question on behalf of my friend

Sponsor is a PR / Spouse is a applicant in Canada

its a love marriage in Ontario - however while filling sponsorhip forms - there is a question : have ur spouse met the parents on the other side something ; - does he write No and is it ok ?

parents don't know that they are married

pl advise wt best , many thanks
Your friend must be honest in answering questions. If the parents don't know, then say so - but your friend should explain why that is the case. In my own application my spouse's parents did not know we were married (they do now, but they didn't know until 15 months after we were married). We provided an explanation about why that was the case (and we pointed to other family members that did know we were married).

CIC won't refuse the application just on the basis of a single answer. They will need to understand the context and reason why - after all, they are trying to ensure that this is not a marriage of convenience.

Mirna Lola

Mar 26, 2012
parker24 said:
Why would you be denied? My husband applied three times for extensions and got them haha. He came here as a visitor May 2011, we applied March 2012 and he landed Jan 2013 :p You can apply for the extension online and it's 75 dollars.

Pros for Outland: If something were to happen in your family back home, you would be able to go there without risking your application.
It's faster :p
Generally, if you come back after going home and show proof of the outland application (usually the sponsor approval works) you would be let in.
Last application was given simply cause I said we need the time to apply for a PR. My mistake I waited this long to start the whole thing, but life took its course and made it really hard if not impossible to focus on PR.
Did your husband do inland or outland??

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Mirna Lola said:
Last application was given simply cause I said we need the time to apply for a PR. My mistake I waited this long to start the whole thing, but life took its course and made it really hard if not impossible to focus on PR.
Did your husband do inland or outland??
Parker24 did outland

;)

adanac21

Jun 18, 2013
Hi to all im from Alberta I am planning to sponsor my wife and son this month. My problem is that I did not declare my son on my papers before, because we were not married before I went here in Canada. I went back to marry my wife a year after. The question is can I sponsor them to come here? Thank you

bistro85

Nov 30, 2012
Hi its almost a month now since i got my work permit as an assistant cook.and im planning to get my wife from the philippines.is that possible?can someone hel

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
will i get an email from embassy when they receive my application after sending it by CIC ?