Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
bbccanada said:
Hello everyone, this is the message i got from my visa office after send them email to enquiry about my file:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that your application is currently in queue for review.

Regards,

Immigration Section (SSA)

How can an application be in queue for revies almost 21/2 months after interview was done in November. Thanks in advance
It's the generic response - "we're waiting to look at it..."

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
computergeek said:
It's the generic response - "we're waiting to look at it..."
@computergeek, do you think is is normal for having an interview almost 21/2 months and a months since ecas went to in process then this generic response?

Boss Mala

Jan 27, 2013
Thanks for ur quick reply computer Greek
That's for my sponsorship file which I sponsord my husband in Canada
What is GCSM?
I have them my name date of birth and Clint ID.
So I choose privacy act and send it to Ottawa office.
Did I made any mistake to choosing the privacy act?
I m thinking ill send another one, will it be a good idea??

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
bbccanada said:
@ computergeek, do you think is is normal for having an interview almost 21/2 months and a months since ecas went to in process then this generic response?
It seems fairly normal. If they were unhappy with the interview, you'd have received a rejection fairly quickly (1-2 weeks usually). What it likely means is they've ordered something - like background checks - and are waiting for the results to come back before they look at your file again.

juliac

Oct 22, 2012
I'm a Canadian living in Italy, applying to sponsor my husband.

I have not been able to find an answer to this problem and I'm hoping someone can help me!

We are aware that the apostille does NOT apply to Italian (or any other foreign) documents as Canada is a non-signatory at the Hague convention. This brought up questions with Italian offices who then said we must, in some way, have their signatures 'authenticated' for use in Canada. Yesterday I called the Embassy and spoke with a woman (who does NOT work at immigration but has helped me in the past) and she told me that what we need to do is have the Procura or Prefettura (like a notary) sign my husbands Italian documents or certified copies (birth certificate, our marriage certificate, and police document), then send these documents via post to the EMBASSY and they will authenticate the signatures of the procura/prefettura, send them back to us and THEN we can send them in our application package. Is this correct? If it is and it is on the website, WHERE does it say this? I have not been able to find ANYTHING of the sort; all i have seen is that we need certified TRANSLATIONS of these documents.

If someone could please clear up some of this confusion, it would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.

DonEranga

Feb 2, 2013
Hi All
I went to Canada in 2002 sep 27 as a foreign student. At the end of my student visa period in 2004 I applied for refugee status. Which got rejected in 2005 followed by a failed appeal for RIB decision. After that I applied for PR under humanitarian compassionate grounds. This was 2005 and due to a misunderstanding with my previous legal counsel I forgot to update my address and missed a letter of request to show up at CBSA. What followed by was a deportation order that I wasn't aware of up until 2010. Once I explained what happened to CBSA officer He gave me an option to apply for PRRA in 2010. During this time I met my current wife at my Job and soon we started dating. In january 27, 2011 my PRRA application and HNC application received a negative decision. As I was heart broken and thinking of returning to Sri Lanka then my girl friend propose me to marry her. So we got married in 2011 feb 28. since we newly married, and didn't want to go through a separation I disobey my deportation order and stay with my wife while preparing to file for spousal sponsorship. In 2012 oct 27 my wife and I leave Canada voluntarily to proceed further with our application. My wife come to sri lanka and meet my family and relatives. Today she went back to Canada to be see her parents and spend some time with her friends. Dear friends it's an unfortunate that I met the love of my life at a difficult time. And we've been through so much for such little time. i have so many proofs to prove our love and our marriage is genuine. Please tell what's ahead of us and how long will it take for me to reunite with her in Canada? Also since my history isn't well, do you think i'd have a hard time getting back to Canada? Thanks
By the way i'm from Sri Lanka and my wife is canadian by birth.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
juliac said:

I have not been able to find an answer to this problem and I'm hoping someone can help me!

We are aware that the apostille does NOT apply to Italian (or any other foreign) documents as Canada is a non-signatory at the Hague convention. This brought up questions with Italian offices who then said we must, in some way, have their signatures 'authenticated' for use in Canada. Yesterday I called the Embassy and spoke with a woman (who does NOT work at immigration but has helped me in the past) and she told me that what we need to do is have the Procura or Prefettura (like a notary) sign my husbands Italian documents or certified copies (birth certificate, our marriage certificate, and police document), then send these documents via post to the EMBASSY and they will authenticate the signatures of the procura/prefettura, send them back to us and THEN we can send them in our application package. Is this correct? If it is and it is on the website, WHERE does it say this? I have not been able to find ANYTHING of the sort; all i have seen is that we need certified TRANSLATIONS of these documents.

If someone could please clear up some of this confusion, it would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.
That is correct, you need to send them to the Embassy of Canada in Rome. See this link: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/italy-italie/consular_services_consulaires/authentication_documents_authentification.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

I am guessing you should send the certified translations as well.

I am not an expert but in our application package we did not include a birth certificate as the foreign passwort should suffice as proof of identity.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
DonEranga said:
Hi All
I went to Canada in 2002 sep 27 as a foreign student. At the end of my student visa period in 2004 I applied for refugee status. Which got rejected in 2005 followed by a failed appeal for RIB decision. After that I applied for PR under humanitarian compassionate grounds. This was 2005 and due to a misunderstanding with my previous legal counsel I forgot to update my address and missed a letter of request to show up at CBSA. What followed by was a deportation order that I wasn't aware of up until 2010. Once I explained what happened to CBSA officer He gave me an option to apply for PRRA in 2010. During this time I met my current wife at my Job and soon we started dating. In january 27, 2011 my PRRA application and HNC application received a negative decision. As I was heart broken and thinking of returning to Sri Lanka then my girl friend propose me to marry her. So we got married in 2011 feb 28. since we newly married, and didn't want to go through a separation I disobey my deportation order and stay with my wife while preparing to file for spousal sponsorship. In 2012 oct 27 my wife and I leave Canada voluntarily to proceed further with our application. My wife come to sri lanka and meet my family and relatives. Today she went back to Canada to be see her parents and spend some time with her friends. Dear friends it's an unfortunate that I met the love of my life at a difficult time. And we've been through so much for such little time. i have so many proofs to prove our love and our marriage is genuine. Please tell what's ahead of us and how long will it take for me to reunite with her in Canada? Also since my history isn't well, do you think i'd have a hard time getting back to Canada? Thanks
By the way i'm from Sri Lanka and my wife is canadian by birth.
You will need an ARC (Authorization to Return to Canada) in order for the PR application to be approved. The ARC will automatically be processed as part of the PR application. You should expect your application processing time to be longer than normal since the ARC takes several months to process. It's likely CIC will also take a much closer look at your relationship to make sure it's genuine due to the failed refugee bid and the deportation order. Overall, I think you should expect the processing time for your application to exceed (i.e. take longer) than normal processing times. Also, don't be surprised if you are called for an interview.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
juliac said:

Thank you in advance.
By the way, some foreign legal documents may not be used abroad until "legalized" by a specific local authority. I am refering to your Italian Marriage Certificate (if that's where you married). It may be possible that your marriage certificate may need to be legalized by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs first, then translated (so the legalization is translated) and then sent to the Emabassy. I am not sure this is the italian case, but I am guessing the Embassy of Canada may give you more info on this.

7vksalat

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-AUG-2008
Doc's Request.
25-NOV-2011
AOR Received.
13-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
27-FEB-2012
Med's Request
29-NOV-2012
Med's Done....
15-DEC-2012
Passport Req..
29-NOV-2012 sent in 01-JAN-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In Process...(Since 29 JAN) Medicle Passed
cempjwi said:
By the way, some foreign legal documents may not be used abroad until "legalized" by a specific local authority. I am refering to your Italian Marriage Certificate (if that's where you married). It may be possible that your marriage certificate may need to be legalized by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs first, then translated (so the legalization is translated) and then sent to the Emabassy. I am not sure this is the italian case, but I am guessing the Embassy of Canada may give you more info on this.
thnx 2 shrd here...???

simik

Feb 8, 2013
hi, i have few questions regarding d spouse sponsorship.
i am on my student visa and i got married to a person who is a pr here in Canada. and we both are working on our papers
and from some sources i got that information that i can apply for open work permit. but i am confused that when i can apply that,, is it after i apply my pr papers or i can even apply before that.

bdpeople

Jul 28, 2012
Can somebody give me the list of questions what the visa officer ask in interview? I remember somebody posted a list of 80 questions somewhere..please help..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simik said:
hi, i have few questions regarding d spouse sponsorship.
i am on my student visa and i got married to a person who is a pr here in Canada. and we both are working on our papers
and from some sources i got that information that i can apply for open work permit. but i am confused that when i can apply that,, is it after i apply my pr papers or i can even apply before that.
As a student, you can apply for an off-campus work permit after 6 months of studying. This is not related to your marriage to a PR. It is open to all students who are studying at qualifying institutions. This permit is an open permit but restricted to 20 hrs. a week during the semester when you have classes.

Being married to a PR gives you no right to apply for an open permit unless you have applied for sponsorship inland. In that case, you would be eligible for an open permit when you get your first stage approval.

juliac

Oct 22, 2012
cempjwi said:
I've just received information about this. The woman at the Embassy has NO idea what she is talking about. Documents do NOT have to be forwarded to her first in order to authenticate (legalize) signatures. I've spoken directly to someone who has already sent the application to Rome, and this is NOT necessary. She is poorly informed. Also, if you read about registering foreign marriages in Canada, it is NOT necessary.

Nice to know our government is giving out WRONG information! No wonder everyone is so confused! Oh, and I was also told by Revenue Services Canada that I wouldn't need an Option C printout....which is clearly NOT the case!

Feelslikeforever

Nov 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
24-03-2013
bdpeople said:
Can somebody give me the list of questions what the visa officer ask in interview? I remember somebody posted a list of 80 questions somewhere..please help..
Hi,
I found this on another thread. Hope this helps!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t4646.0.html;msg1797536#msg1797536