+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sahilsar

Feb 9, 2013
Need urgent Help

Caips : Can you please tell me the meaning of following line...
PAPER FILE SENT TO SNS FILE BF'D TO: 6FI ON 16-11-2012 MICROLOCATOR:

Beginner

Oct 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

A question to Pakistani Applicants and to the Senior members here:

My forms and documents are almost completed and I ll post them to my husband in Canada in a day or so after a final review and revision. My questions are as following:

1) What Visa office should I mention on form number IMM 0008 Question no.4, CHC Islamabad or what? (I ve seend few posts that now cases are being forwarded to canada from Islamabad)
2) Should I fill my Check List as per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf or As per the check List given in Asian Guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf

There are few more forms and Questionnare given in General Asian Guide. SO I am confused, what should be matched with the documents and forms.

Please Help :)

cuchillo

Feb 9, 2013
Spouse + our child

I am a Canadian citizen, born in Canada, but have lived outside of the country for 20 years. I've been married to my wife (a Japanese citizen) for 10 years. We currently live in the United States and we have a 16 month old daughter together.

I will be moving back to Canada and sponsoring my wife. We are in the process of gathering all of the documents and filling out the forms. My question regards our daughter. She was born in the States and is a U.S. citizen. Is she considered a dependant of my wife that I also need to sponsor? Or is she entitled to Canadian citizenship because she is my daughter and therefore exempt from the requirements for sponsorship?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Beginner said:
1) What Visa office should I mention on form number IMM 0008 Question no.4, CHC Islamabad or what? (I ve seend few posts that now cases are being forwarded to canada from Islamabad)
Islamabad. If Ottawa chooses your file to process, that's up to CIC, not you. Note that even if CPP-O processes your file, the timeline is still that of Islamabad.

Beginner said:
2) Should I fill my Check List as per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf or As per the check List given in Asian Guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf
Follow the version specific to your visa office.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Re: Spouse + our child

cuchillo said:
I am a Canadian citizen, born in Canada, but have lived outside of the country for 20 years. I've been married to my wife (a Japanese citizen) for 10 years. We currently live in the United States and we have a 16 month old daughter together.

I will be moving back to Canada and sponsoring my wife. We are in the process of gathering all of the documents and filling out the forms. My question regards our daughter. She was born in the States and is a U.S. citizen. Is she considered a dependant of my wife that I also need to sponsor? Or is she entitled to Canadian citizenship because she is my daughter and therefore exempt from the requirements for sponsorship?
Entitled to Canadian citizenship. Relatively easy to register her, but it can take quite a while to get the Citizenship Certificate. This should help: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/boston/consul/after_14-apres_le_14.aspx?view=d

pc23

Sep 23, 2012
Hello,
When submitting pictures of weddings, reception, honeymoon, after wedding events,etc, what size should they be printed as? Standard size is 4 X 6. Or they need to be bigger like 5 X 7?

Also, can I print them and put all in one envelope? I have seen some members saying that they printed and then pasted 2-3 pics on white pages with captions. Is this a good idea?

What is an average number of pictures that people send? I have about 400 pictures, shall I send all 400?

Thanks!!

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
I know the CPC Mississauga PO Box is just a box where the mail deliveries are put in. However, mine got a signature on it. I was thinking maybe the delivery came in at the same time as the person from CPC who is picking the deliveries to bring to the office. Anyone had the same situation?
Mine was signed by a person name: MAHMOOD.

Canada post is so confusing regarding their tracking system.
The reason why is because after saying "item successfully delivered" it says "item out for shipping"
I've been calling the call center several time but got different answers.

So just in case someone here had the signatory of MAHMOOD, I'd feel better coz I know it's a person from CPC.

Here how it looks like:

2013/02/07 14:21 MISSISSAUGA Item out for delivery

AM MISSISSAUGA Item successfully delivered

AM Signature image recorded for Online viewing -MAHMOOD

2013/02/06 17:41 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility

2013/02/05 19:18 RICHMOND Item processed at postal facility

2013/02/04 17:18 NORTH VANCOUVER Item accepted at the Post Office

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Iay said:
I know the CPC Mississauga PO Box is just a box where the mail deliveries are put in. However, mine got a signature on it. I was thinking maybe the delivery came in at the same time as the person from CPC who is picking the deliveries to bring to the office. Anyone had the same situation?
Mine was signed by a person name: MAHMOOD.

Canada post is so confusing regarding their tracking system.
The reason why is because after saying "item successfully delivered" it says "item out for shipping"
I've been calling the call center several time but got different answers.

So just in case someone here had the signatory of MAHMOOD, I'd feel better coz I know it's a person from CPC.

Here how it looks like:

2013/02/07 14:21 MISSISSAUGA Item out for delivery

AM MISSISSAUGA Item successfully delivered

AM Signature image recorded for Online viewing -MAHMOOD

2013/02/06 17:41 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility

2013/02/05 19:18 RICHMOND Item processed at postal facility

2013/02/04 17:18 NORTH VANCOUVER Item accepted at the Post Office
What is so confusing about the tracking system?
It was inducted into the postal stream on the 4th in Vancouver. Transferred to the Richmond postal hub 2 hours later. Arrived at the Mississauga postal hub the next day. The following day it was transferred to the letter depot where the carrier delivered it that morning. The reason why it says scanned out for delivery at 2:30 pm is because it wasn't scanned in the morning. The item most likely arrived late and the carrier took it without scanning it then. He delivered it and got the signature for it then entered the out for delivery at the end of his shift when he got back to his depot.
Items scanned "out for delivery" after they have been delivered is to clear them from the system.

cuchillo

Feb 9, 2013

Thanks for the information Ivan. Any problem taking my daughter across the border with me? My wife won't be coming with us.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017

cuchillo said:
Thanks for the information Ivan. Any problem taking my daughter across the border with me? My wife won't be coming with us.
Shouldn't be, so long as she has a valid US passport, but I wouldn't be surprised if they asked a few more questions than usual, like where her mother is, why the mother isn't traveling with you, does the mother know about the trip, etc.

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
CanadianJeepGuy said:
What is so confusing about the tracking system?
It was inducted into the postal stream on the 4th in Vancouver. Transferred to the Richmond postal hub 2 hours later. Arrived at the Mississauga postal hub the next day. The following day it was transferred to the letter depot where the carrier delivered it that morning. The reason why it says scanned out for delivery at 2:30 pm is because it wasn't scanned in the morning. The item most likely arrived late and the carrier took it without scanning it then. He delivered it and got the signature for it then entered the out for delivery at the end of his shift when he got back to his depot.
Items scanned "out for delivery" after they have been delivered is to clear them from the system.
The point she is asking about is that it didn't go to the Robert Speck courier address. So who signed for it when it was addressed to the PO Box?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12

IvanP said:
Shouldn't be, so long as she has a valid US passport, but I wouldn't be surprised if they asked a few more questions than usual, like where her mother is, why the mother isn't traveling with you, does the mother know about the trip, etc.
If she doesn't have your name at all, you might want to carry an authorisation as well from the mother ( if it's the same name), just in case. Otherwise, a few more questions indeed but it should be fine.
Sweden

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
pc23 said:
Hello,
When submitting pictures of weddings, reception, honeymoon, after wedding events,etc, what size should they be printed as? Standard size is 4 X 6. Or they need to be bigger like 5 X 7?

Also, can I print them and put all in one envelope? I have seen some members saying that they printed and then pasted 2-3 pics on white pages with captions. Is this a good idea?

What is an average number of pictures that people send? I have about 400 pictures, shall I send all 400?

Thanks!!
I submitted approx 150 6x4 photos. However a lot (seemingly in the majority based on the number of posts) photocopied or printed 4 per A4 sheet. Many have also reported submitted about 30 photos and my 150 seems to be on the more significant end of the spectrum.

I put them in an envelope but also divided other parts of the application in envelopes

Feb 10, 2013
no sir , my cousine send me sponser letter from canada for me , i am living in canada and my cousine send me sponser from canada..now i am going to apply visa in canada embaasy so i want too know which documents is required apply for visa in canada embaasy..

haj mehdi

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
hi guys
i have a question please help me.
i am Canadian Citizenship and i live in West Vancouver i sponsored my wife ( she is iranian) at Nov 8 2011 our application went to Canada Embassy at Ankara Turkey. and contact them and they said my application is in background check . do you guys now how long that check might take?
or is there a way that i can accelerate it ?