+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
As far as the DUI, I cannot comment. Perhaps there is a senior member that will see this and help? My best advise would be to be honest about the situation. Maybe explain the circumstances and what you have done since that date to ensure that something like this does not happen. Submit any proof of any classes that you might have had to take as a result of the DUI, etc. But, aside from that, I really cannot offer too much advice on that. I'm sorry. Be honest, give evidence/supporting documents/proof, etc and be thorough :) All the best to you!

MUMPY said:
thanks for the reply i submitted my application at delhi office and one more question while i was in canada i got one dui and am lil worried if thats gonna effect my application i just got one dui in last 5 year .thanks
mumpy

MUMPY

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
FARIDKOT
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
ALONG WITH FILE SUBMISSION
Interview........
WAVED I GUESS
Passport Req..
23-FEB-2012
VISA ISSUED...
NO IDEA
LANDED..........
VERY NEXT DAY ONCE I GET MY VISA BAGS PACKED
THANKS FOR THE INFO DO U KNOW LIKE HOW LONG APPROX IT TAKES AND CAN U TELL ME HOW TO INSERT TIMELINE ON LEFT SIDE
THANKS

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
When you say how long it takes....are you referring to the timeline of processing your application?

As far as adding the timeline to your profile or signature line, I believe you might have to be a Full Member or Star Member to do that. Which you will achiever after contributing more posts to this forum. :)

MUMPY

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
FARIDKOT
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
ALONG WITH FILE SUBMISSION
Interview........
WAVED I GUESS
Passport Req..
23-FEB-2012
VISA ISSUED...
NO IDEA
LANDED..........
VERY NEXT DAY ONCE I GET MY VISA BAGS PACKED
LIKE HOW LONG DOES IT TAKES AFTER U SUBMITT UR PASSPORT

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
You want to go here and check the application processing times by country. I believe New Delhi is listed at 6 months, based on a complete package. However, if you search this section of the forum, I believe there is a thread for New Delhi applicants and someone there can better answer your questions since they are going through same VO. Hope this information helps!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

Sifate027

Apr 18, 2012
Re: Spousal sponsorship----Divorce status and sponsorship problem

I am a Bangladeshi citizen. My girlfriend is a Canadian citizen. She is from Bangladesh. In 2007 she married with a Canadian citizen and get Canadian PR. From February 2010 she get separated with her Ex Husband. And January 2011 she get the Divorce Status [Divorce Certificate]. We have a relationship from May 2010. In Dec 2010 she came to Bangladesh and we stayed 3 month together. We will marry soon. And she wants to sponsor me. She will have all criteria to sponsor me after our marriage.

Can she sponsor me? or Is there any problem with her divorce status?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Spousal sponsorship----Divorce status and sponsorship problem

Sifate027 said:
I am a Bangladeshi citizen. My girlfriend is a Canadian citizen. She is from Bangladesh. In 2007 she married with a Canadian citizen and get Canadian PR. From February 2010 she get separated with her Ex Husband. And January 2011 she get the Divorce Status [Divorce Certificate]. We have a relationship from May 2010. In Dec 2010 she came to Bangladesh and we stayed 3 month together. We will marry soon. And she wants to sponsor me. She will have all criteria to sponsor me after our marriage.

Can she sponsor me? or Is there any problem with her divorce status?
There is a new rule that says she can not sponsor until 5 years after she got her PR but if she got it in 2007, it should be 5 years this year.

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Hi big bird, it should be "Beijing, China". After you have taken the medical exam by a Designated Medical Practitioner (DMP), you should have received a green form IMM1017 - Medical Report - Section A (this "Copy 2" should have been given to the person examined by the DMP after the exam). You have to send this green form in together with the whole application pack (sponsor forms + applicant forms) to Mississauga, ON in Canada. You do not need to send anything to Beijing office unless you are asked speifically by the Beijing office in the future.

big bird said:
I see that many people here already applied. We are about to submit the application, but have one question that I hope someone can answer ASAP:
Regarding the medical check form, it asks for "Name of medical office to which the IMM 5419 is sent to".
I'm not certain what to write in this line...is this the office where I took the medical, or where the test results will be sent? If the latter, where will they be sent, and what do I write there?
Background info: We are applying from the Beijing office (live in Shanghai, but not Chinese), and thus our forms first need to be sent to the immigration office in Mississauga Ontario. We already took the medical test...
Do we send this receipt with the initial sponsor application to Mississauga, or separately to Beijing once we are approved?
Your swift response is greatly appreciated!

switchtofrank

Apr 17, 2012
missmymexi said:
HI I am missmymexi and answered this question previously, not vancouvergirl :)

The work permit took about 4 months to obtain, we are were able to keep him employed with the implied status but he was unable to leave to country until the permit was issued. Technically you should receive your work permit before the PR application is processed. It should not take more than 6 months tops to renew your permit.
Ohh :) sorry missmymexi :) Thanks though for your help, this is great news! Thanks a lot ;)

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Hi gagan88, please read Leon's reply to your previous post and see if it has addressed your questions?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search-results/-t46995.0.html;msg1389538;topicseen#msg1389538

Also CharlieD10's reply here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html;msg1400584#msg1400584

And this is the general processing time for your consideration:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Good luck!

gagan88 said:
my visa fo canada got refused only because y sponsor did not stay in canada after the approval........visa offic say that he should stay until the decision is made.
please help what to do???
my pouse receicved the appeal letter...
please someone advice shall i reapply or appeal......which will be better or which will take less time

Rockin_Zombie

Oct 3, 2011
hi guys,

I am posting here as my last resort probably lol. So this is my story:

I applied for spousal sponsorship on Feb 1 2010 (In canada). By June of that month I got my AIP. After that..my application is just stuck at background check. It has been over 2 and half years and I don't have any update at all, I actually had to resend my medical results because the other one expired.

Reading through this forum, I sent a fax to CSIS enquiring my background check. They said they have not received a request for background check yet (they sent a letter to me). So I am guessing my application is STILL with RCMP? Is there any way to check with RCMP what is going on with my application? If I call cic they are just saying I have to wait, I can't even ask for any suggestion.

I am a PhD student and I have my own funding and earnings, so my case is as clean as it can get (at least that's what I thought). So I have no idea what to do now. People who applied with me got there PR in 2010. It's 2012 and I am still waiting. They never asked for my fingerprint or anything either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

big bird

Sep 20, 2011
GOGOGO said:
Hi big bird, it should be "Beijing, China". After you have taken the medical exam by a Designated Medical Practitioner (DMP), you should have received a green form IMM1017 - Medical Report - Section A (this "Copy 2" should have been given to the person examined by the DMP after the exam). You have to send this green form in together with the whole application pack (sponsor forms + applicant forms) to Mississauga, ON in Canada. You do not need to send anything to Beijing office unless you are asked speifically by the Beijing office in the future.
Thank you for ur reply. It's very complicated.Yes, I got the form IMM1017. My DMP asked me where to send the medical test paper to Mississauga, ON in Canada or to Beijing Visa office of Canada? As I wasn't sure I asked him to wait until I make sure. Do you know where to send it? I called embassy but they don't answer.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rockin_Zombie said:
I am posting here as my last resort probably lol. So this is my story:

I applied for spousal sponsorship on Feb 1 2010 (In canada). By June of that month I got my AIP. After that..my application is just stuck at background check. It has been over 2 and half years and I don't have any update at all, I actually had to resend my medical results because the other one expired.
Have you tried your MP + gotten your friends and relatives to talk to their MP's on your behalf? MP's can be quite helpful in pushing immigration along.

Sifate027

Apr 18, 2012
If someone get PR in January 2007 via Spousal sponsorship and if she get divorce status in December 2010, can she sponsor other person if she marry her??

"There is a new rule that says she can not sponsor until 5 years after she got her PR but if she got it in 2007, it should be 5 years this year."
can you tell me what is this new law?

or is there any problem to sponsor her new husband??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sifate027 said:
If someone get PR in January 2007 via Spousal sponsorship and if she get divorce status in December 2010, can she sponsor other person if she marry her??

"There is a new rule that says she can not sponsor until 5 years after she got her PR but if she got it in 2007, it should be 5 years this year."
can you tell me what is this new law?

or is there any problem to sponsor her new husband??
Yes - she can sponsor her new husband because 5 years have passed since she landed.