+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

switchtofrank

Apr 17, 2012
missmymexi said:
I assume you have applied for another work permit if you are on implied status. If that is the case, you will have to wait till you receive your new work permit, i have an employee who was recently in he same situation and we could not allow him to travel until the new permit was issued, he was also awaiting a spousal application. If you leave the country you will not be aloud back in with implied status. If you have not applied I would recommend doing so or have your employer sponsor you for a 3 year working visa.
Hi Vancouvergirl,

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I applied for an open work permit and included this application with my application for sponsorship. Does that mean that I will have to wait the 10-11 month until I receive my work permit as this is the time frame mentioned for the permanent residency application or will I receive the work permit before that?

Thank you very much
All the Best
Frank

JEFFandJANET

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Calgary Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2011
Doc's Request.
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
28-11-2011
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-02-2012 Passport Sent.: 16-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2012 DM on ECAS...: 19-04-2012
LANDED..........
13-06-2012
cgagnon said:
Some get AOR (aknowlegment of receipt)but they are becoming a rare comodity we are all awaiting everyone from mid-january until now are still waiting for approval we are at 84+ days and counting... They are not very reliable! Welcome to the waiting game!
Yes it is too bad the process seems to be slowing down, at least first stage. I suspect it may be do to changing the system, new forms etc. They may have IT problems with the new forms etc. Sounds like they are scrambling around like chickens running around with their heads cut off. I don't think calling the call centre is doing anyone any good. They just don't have the answers so some are guessing which only frustrates the applicants. The pending cut backs in the public sector may also be creating problems. It seems ECAS also is not updating much lately for both stages, probably related to the same problems. Hopefully they can work the bugs out quickly but in the mean time as hard as it is, patience is what we need. Keeping our expectations in check. I understand the frustration especially over lack of information, its sad to see the Jan applicants frustrated and getting upset. At this point I wouldn't be surprised that most of them won't hear anything until they hear (sponsorship approved - file sent to ....)

gagan88

Apr 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my visa fo canada got refused only because y sponsor did not stay in canada after the approval........visa offic say that he should stay until the decision is made.
please help what to do???
my pouse receicved the appeal letter...
please someone advice shall i reapply or appeal......which will be better or which will take less time

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
switchtofrank said:
Hi Vancouvergirl,

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I applied for an open work permit and included this application with my application for sponsorship. Does that mean that I will have to wait the 10-11 month until I receive my work permit as this is the time frame mentioned for the permanent residency application or will I receive the work permit before that?

Thank you very much
All the Best
Frank
HI I am missmymexi and answered this question previously, not vancouvergirl :)

The work permit took about 4 months to obtain, we are were able to keep him employed with the implied status but he was unable to leave to country until the permit was issued. Technically you should receive your work permit before the PR application is processed. It should not take more than 6 months tops to renew your permit.

Sifate027

Apr 18, 2012
Divorce status and sponsorship problem [for foreign husband]

I am a Bangladeshi citizen. My girlfriend is a Canadian citizen. She is from Bangladesh. In 2007 she married with a Canadian citizen and get Canadian PR. From February 2010 she get separated with her Ex Husband. And January 2011 she get the Divorce Status [Divorce Certificate]. We have a relationship from May 2010. In Dec 2010 she came to Bangladesh and we stayed 3 month together. We will marry soon. And she wants to sponsor me. She will have all criteria to sponsor me after our marriage.

Can she sponsor me? or Is there any problem with her divorce status?

lollka

Apr 17, 2012
Re: Spousal sponsorship - Definition of 'Welfare' from CIC interpretation?

Hi All,
I hope you are well...

I have been reading the posts directly related to the search string ‘welfare' and seek some clarification.

My husband – Canadian citizen who is sponsoring us ... if he is applying as outland application from Australia, does ‘welfare' only relate to him on the application?

The Child Care Benefit and Family Tax Benefit are credited to my bank account for our children. Whilst he is their dad, the payments are not received in his name to his bank account, so as such doesn't receive 'welfare'.

Reason why I ask.... as our family & many others in Australia, we receive from the government ‘family assistance' – it's one of those things based on how much income you earn in a fiscal year and the more you earn the less ‘family assistance' you receive etc.... however it's not classed as an unemployment benefit. Both are treated differently and it is for the cost of raising children.

He is Employed and I do some work with my ‘hobby' business (in between looking after our children) – so really neither of us are ‘unemployed'.

The Family Assistance Payment we receive is classed as Child Care Benefit and Family Tax Benefit (which I think Alberta run similar programs).... however... is this considered ‘welfare' by way of the CIC's interpretation????...

Whilst I am cognisant of there being no need to provide income proof from my husbands end etc – will being in receipt of those two payments need to be provided on the application form although they are in my name and credited to my bank account??

We currently receive Child Care Benefit & Family Tax Benefit in Australia and we are receiving NO unemployment benefits.

Another factor is that the Australian Government for a period of not more than three years provide a base rate of pay for Family Assistance while being Overseas (some agreement between Australia & Canada!). After this period it would stop or upon permanent residency etc. How does that relate to the whole ‘welfare' clause given it's something that is automatically applied from the Australian Governments end?

I know it's a bit country specific and I don't know if there are other Australian's who have been in the same scenario...or, if anyone can understand what I am on about above...

The definitions of Welfare may be the same, however I guess it's understanding what CIC's interpretation is?

Any insight would be rrrrrrrrrrrrrrreally appreciated.....

Thanks

Lollka

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think this is considered welfare. It sounds like the child tax benefit in Canada, something that is paid to all parents basically.

lollka

Apr 17, 2012
Leon said:
I don't think this is considered welfare. It sounds like the child tax benefit in Canada, something that is paid to all parents basically.
Thanks Leon for the reply - I wonder if you ever sleep! When certain 'benefits' and 'welfare' payments fall under the same 'umbrella' such as 'Centrelink' for Australia.... it's hard to determine/understand the differentiator :-D....

The payments received are very much inline with the Child Tax Benefit as per Canada from my understanding and of the research I have done (and the plethora I continue to do)....

Thanks again,
Lollka

foever

Apr 19, 2012
HI,
i have receive today a letter,

"ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATION"

WHAT DOES THIS LETTER MEANS??
AND WHEN DID THIS LETTER IS SEND?
AND THEY ALSO WROTE IN THIS LETTER
IN ORDER TO FACILITATE THE PROCESSING OF YOUR APPLICATION,WE REQUEST THAT YOU SUBMIT THE DOCUMENTATION LISTED BELOW TO THE ADDRESS ON THIS LETTER WITHIN 30 DAYS,LIKE CNIC,BIRTH CERTIFIATES NIKAH NAMA PICTURES WITH MY SPOUSE EMAILS RECORD TELEPHONE RECORD AND FAMILY MEMBER PICTURES, POLICE CERTIFICATE,SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION FORMS,
I HAVE ALREAD SUBMITED ALL THESE DOCUMENTS THEN WHY THEY HAVE ASKED AGAIN,??
IM CONFUSE ITS DOES IT NEED TO BE SUBMITED AGAIN ALL THESE DOCUMENTS?
KINLY HELP WIATING FOR YOUR KIND REPLY REPLY

MUMPY

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
FARIDKOT
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
ALONG WITH FILE SUBMISSION
Interview........
WAVED I GUESS
Passport Req..
23-FEB-2012
VISA ISSUED...
NO IDEA
LANDED..........
VERY NEXT DAY ONCE I GET MY VISA BAGS PACKED
Hi everyone

hope some one can help me here .my wife applied for my pr from canada in nov 2011.i was asked to submit my passport in feb that i did but when i check my application status it says its in process.My wife asked mla in canada to inquire about my application they said that they are doing a backround check .does anyone know what it is and how long it will take them to make decision.i lived in canada for 4 years as a student but i returnes when my studied permit expired in nov 2011

thanks
manpreet

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
lollka said:
Thanks Leon for the reply - I wonder if you ever sleep! When certain 'benefits' and 'welfare' payments fall under the same 'umbrella' such as 'Centrelink' for Australia.... it's hard to determine/understand the differentiator :-D....

The payments received are very much inline with the Child Tax Benefit as per Canada from my understanding and of the research I have done (and the plethora I continue to do)....

Thanks again,
Lollka

Welfare here is people who do not work and collect money without doing anything for it. Canadian Child tax benefits (CCTB) is given to families and as mentioned above it is as per the family situation ( single parent, income etc) Then you also have the UCCB (Universal Child Care benefit). Depending on the province you might also get an other benefit either separate or in conjunction.

Here are the different links:

(CCTB) : http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/menu-eng.html

(UCCB) http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/uccb-puge/menu-eng.html

Hope this helps!

big bird

Sep 20, 2011
I see that many people here already applied. We are about to submit the application, but have one question that I hope someone can answer ASAP:
Regarding the medical check form, it asks for "Name of medical office to which the IMM 5419 is sent to".
I'm not certain what to write in this line...is this the office where I took the medical, or where the test results will be sent? If the latter, where will they be sent, and what do I write there?
Background info: We are applying from the Beijing office (live in Shanghai, but not Chinese), and thus our forms first need to be sent to the immigration office in Mississauga Ontario. We already took the medical test...
Do we send this receipt with the initial sponsor application to Mississauga, or separately to Beijing once we are approved?
Your swift response is greatly appreciated!

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Hi Mumpy,
I'm no expert, but in reading other's posts on here and in doing some research and through my own experience, I would say you are in the final stages of app processing, so it sounds like good news. Which VO is your app being processed through? I ask because I have read that some VO's request the passport to be sent up front. That information might help.

As far as e-cas, your status as reported by e-cas isn't always accurate. I have read that many other's online status (including my own) can stay at "application in process" stage for a long time. Often, not even being updated until after they have landed. I would not worry too much about that. Are you able to send a case-specific email to your VO?

MUMPY said:
Hi everyone

hope some one can help me here .my wife applied for my pr from canada in nov 2011.i was asked to submit my passport in feb that i did but when i check my application status it says its in process.My wife asked mla in canada to inquire about my application they said that they are doing a backround check .does anyone know what it is and how long it will take them to make decision.i lived in canada for 4 years as a student but i returnes when my studied permit expired in nov 2011

thanks
manpreet

MUMPY

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
FARIDKOT
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
ALONG WITH FILE SUBMISSION
Interview........
WAVED I GUESS
Passport Req..
23-FEB-2012
VISA ISSUED...
NO IDEA
LANDED..........
VERY NEXT DAY ONCE I GET MY VISA BAGS PACKED
thanks for the reply i submitted my application at delhi office and one more question while i was in canada i got one dui and am lil worried if thats gonna effect my application i just got one dui in last 5 year .thanks
mumpy