+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hi all,

Anyone waiting for a PR card? My wife got her eCOPR on January 9th, but still hasn't received her PR card. She arrived in August of 2023 on a Visitor Visa and we did the virtual landing procedure for her.

I logged into the PR website and it still says "In review with IRCC" under her "Confirmation of permanent residence" section,
"In review" will never change. At least it didn't for my wife despite getting the PR card long time ago. Try to link PR card application to GCKey - it will have more info including whether it was shipped or not.

Reactions: armoured

Exclusive9444

Apr 20, 2023
"In review" will never change. At least it didn't for my wife despite getting the PR card long time ago. Try to link PR card application to GCKey - it will have more info including whether it was shipped or not.

Thanks! Our app is linked to our consultants GCKey so I've reached out to him to ask. Couldn't get through to IRCC via phone.

Aaallysie

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Hi all,

Anyone waiting for a PR card? My wife got her eCOPR on January 9th, but still hasn't received her PR card. She arrived in August of 2023 on a Visitor Visa and we did the virtual landing procedure for her.

I logged into the PR website and it still says "In review with IRCC" under her "Confirmation of permanent residence" section,
On the PR portal you won't see any update for the card, you can link the PR card application to gckey that's where you will know really if it has been sent out

Exclusive9444

Apr 20, 2023
Managed to get a hold of IRCC. They don't have an answer to as to why the PR card is taking so long. She sent a message to the issuing office (Calgary IRCC) to follow up.

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
How do are multiple photos expected to be uploaded when there are already so many proof of relationship documents in that section?

I have 11 photos, so thinking of combining them all into a single pdf document, and then have a separate word document which lists the name of each photo and its brief description/context. Has anyone done this/thoughts?

(This has started to sound stupid now lol, can't I just have one single PDF with the photos and the contexts all together ... but the ask was to have a "separate document providing context of photos" so here we are... )

Joey-Jo

Mar 18, 2024
I have 11 photos, so thinking of combining them all into a single pdf document, and then have a separate word document which lists the name of each photo and its brief description/context. Has anyone done this/thoughts?
I did. I had about 20 suitable photos so compiled them into one PDF document, numbering each photo and putting my name (as applicant), the context (eg, place and location) on each photo and the date it was taken. I also added a document at the beginning (converted from Word to PDF format) describing each photo in detail (including identifying other family members if they were present in the photo).

I did the same for social media private text conversations, another separate file for actual physical letters sent, cards etc, and another PDF showing evidence that our relationship/marriage is acknowledged by family members and friends.

To be honest this was the most time-consuming part of the application for me, it involved a lot of hard work but it all got accepted.

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
I did. I had about 20 suitable photos so compiled them into one PDF document, numbering each photo and putting my name (as applicant), the context (eg, place and location) on each photo and the date it was taken. I also added a document at the beginning (converted from Word to PDF format) describing each photo in detail (including identifying other family members if they were present in the photo).

I did the same for social media private text conversations, another separate file for actual physical letters sent, cards etc, and another PDF showing evidence that our relationship/marriage is acknowledged by family members and friends.

To be honest this was the most time-consuming part of the application for me, it involved a lot of hard work but it all got accepted.
I agree with this. These types of documents are too lenghty to prepare. It took us 2 months to gather all documents and make sure they were in the right format as IRCC wants before we were able to submit the whole application. It all got accepted in the end with no problem.

Reactions: Joey-Jo

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I agree with this. These types of documents are too lenghty to prepare. It took us 2 months to gather all documents and make sure they were in the right format as IRCC wants before we were able to submit the whole application. It all got accepted in the end with no problem.
It took quite a while to pull everything together but it sounds to me like some are overdoing it with the photos and detailed descriptions. Granted, I submitted paper, but just wrote short captions and a few names.

Now one thing: everyone has to use their judgment. If it's a long-term relationship with kids and time living together, less needed (I think). Different situation for shorter relationships/mostly long distance, and arranged marriages.

Joey-Jo

Mar 18, 2024
It took quite a while to pull everything together but it sounds to me like some are overdoing it with the photos and detailed descriptions. Granted, I submitted paper, but just wrote short captions and a few names.

Now one thing: everyone has to use their judgment. If it's a long-term relationship with kids and time living together, less needed (I think). Different situation for shorter relationships/mostly long distance, and arranged marriages.
Perhaps they don't need so much detail, but I decided to throw everything I had at them and make everything as transparent and decipherable as possible so they wouldn't return my application. Perhaps because mine is an outland application and they need to make sure we are genuinely in a relationship, also there is a bit of an age difference between my husband and myself so I didn't want them to question the relationship in that respect. I'd rather give too much information than too little, to be honest. :)

Reactions: armoured

UDON55fai

Feb 12, 2021
No idea then, sorry.seems you've decided to just wait then.
Well, I did end up ordering my GCMS notes and nothing appears to be amiss, other than the IRCC is taking a ridiculous amount of time to make a decision on our file. Original starting date online was Aug. 5th, 2022. Supposedly this is categorized as a non-routine file, whatever the hell that means. Not impressed one bit.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Well, I did end up ordering my GCMS notes and nothing appears to be amiss, other than the IRCC is taking a ridiculous amount of time to make a decision on our file. Original starting date online was Aug. 5th, 2022. Supposedly this is categorized as a non-routine file, whatever the hell that means. Not impressed one bit.
Is your case a Quebec sponsorship?

Shadeoye

May 3, 2024
Good day everyone. I got my pre arrival last year may and a medical request and up until now nothing has happened. My medical will be expiring soon and I haven't heard anything from IRCC. I don't know what to do anymore, I've raised series of webform nothing at all. If this medical expires, that will make it 3 medicals I've done. My husband applied for me in 2019

mannpunia

Apr 25, 2024
Hi Just a quick question, mu spouse's medical is expiring in end of May and our spousal application is still in process with "Background Check - not applicable". We lodged it in December and got AOR in January. Are there any chances that we may receive PPR before expiration of Medical or we will have to go through again for medical? Note: My Spouse was a non-accompanying member in my PR application.
It also shows in Tracker that it was updated on 29 April, but there is no change in GCKEY account

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Good day everyone. I got my pre arrival last year may and a medical request and up until now nothing has happened. My medical will be expiring soon and I haven't heard anything from IRCC. I don't know what to do anymore, I've raised series of webform nothing at all. If this medical expires, that will make it 3 medicals I've done. My husband applied for me in 2019
You should apply for gcms notes and request info through your MP. If you've done these things already, provide some more info on what the results were, otherwise no-one could possibly make useful suggestions.