Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
CAN_4VISAFAM said:
In my GCMS notes criminal check, interview, previous medical, everything passed. I dont think there is a complication. Could u please tell me how to contact them,.
I have no idea with the New Delhi office. Try posting in the New Delhi thread for applicants, someone there will definitely know.

You say you had an interview? Hopefully then you will hear something shortly. Definitely email them .

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
tink23 said:
I have no idea with the New Delhi office. Try posting in the New Delhi thread for applicants, someone there will definitely know.

You say you had an interview? Hopefully then you will hear something shortly. Definitely email them .
CAN_4VISAFAM said:
In my GCMS notes criminal check, interview, previous medical, everything passed. I dont think there is a complication. Could u please tell me how to contact them,.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2013-applicants-t132103.0.html

This is the New Delhi thread you can ask in.

CAN_4VISAFAM

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2013
Med's Request
31-03-2014 (Remedical)
Passport Req..
25-04-2013

bryandsamara

Aug 20, 2014
Hello, my name is Camille, I was born in Quebec. I have a few questions to ask please.

I have an housband from Costa Rica. We have great love for each other since we meet. I have travelled to Costa Rica three times already. We've travelled internationally for leisure too. I am actually located in Costa Rica right now august 2014., Me and my husband Bryan have been living together now a long time now. I have not been able to be away from my partner, and nor he can because of our strong ties to one another. But, I cant work in Costa Rica yet. However, I miss my family, and I want to go back home. This is very stressful for us.

My husband pays all the bills with his tiny salary. We have been together for over two years now.
I want us to go to Canada to study, and work. I am only 19 years old. Nonetheless, we tried to bring
him to canada to visit my family. Yet, he was refused his tourism visa to come visit me and my family
in Canada when I was in Canada in May 2014.

We have been through incredibly hard times with these processes, my question is, am I going to be able
to bring him with me or should we terminate our love? It is so painful!

- Can I sponsor him? Please help us, I do not feel like I can do it. ------

I cant proof that I have the minimum income necessary for my financial evaluation because I have been
in Costa Rica for 9 months just this year. Is this right?

What are we able to do? My husband Bryan is well educated in the United States, is there anyone,
one organization in canada totally focused in helping relationships not to crumble to the ground like
ours because of immigration? We are very young, im 19, he is 24, we need to study, we cant do it here in Costa Rica.

Is there any provincial nominee option that could be easy and different to bring him to canada and work?
Is there any way to find a job through the help of an organization? We have sent application on internet
but no luck yet.

anyone has ideas?

These two years have been full of sacrifices by us, our time, our studies, our jobs, because we want to be together.

Please help.

“I strongly urge individuals who wish to apply to the Spousal Sponsorship program to make an educated decision,” said Attorney David Cohen. “No one should have to choose between being with their partner and being able to work. I hope that all future applicants make choices that will keep them safe from such a situation.”

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bryandsamara said:
- Can I sponsor him? Please help us, I do not feel like I can do it. ------

I cant proof that I have the minimum income necessary for my financial evaluation because I have been
in Costa Rica for 9 months just this year. Is this right?
Your case is pretty straight forward. You can sponsor him right away - there is nothing stopping you. There is no minimum income requirement for sponsoring your spouse.

If you plan to sponsor him while you are living with him in Costa Rica, then you will have to include proof with your application to show that you plan to move back to Canada and live there once his PR visa is approved.

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Okay...so my husband went at lunch hour and sent in our application! Woohoo..
my only question is I cross the border pretty much every weekend to visit him as we are only 2 hours away from each other.. Do I do anything different than before when crossing? Anyone else run into this? I usually don't explain that I'm going to see my husband as I'm afraid there will be some interrogation and make up these wild scenarios in my head (ha).. But I know it will show that I have an app in progress correct?
Any advice on how to handle this would be appreciated! Thanks

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All,

My wife PR will expired June next year and she was not in the country for the past 3 years now.
she is coming back soon - my question is: will she be able to use the actual PR card to enter Canada? (knowing that we need to have 2 out of 5 years in order to renew).
I hear there can be an issue. Can should confirm that?

thanks everyone.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
msbigshot said:
Okay...so my husband went at lunch hour and sent in our application! Woohoo..
my only question is I cross the border pretty much every weekend to visit him as we are only 2 hours away from each other.. Do I do anything different than before when crossing? Anyone else run into this? I usually don't explain that I'm going to see my husband as I'm afraid there will be some interrogation and make up these wild scenarios in my head (ha).. But I know it will show that I have an app in progress correct?
Any advice on how to handle this would be appreciated! Thanks
People who cross the border frequently usually bring a copy of their application and proof of fees paid, that way if you get stopped and questioned in secondary, you will show that you are doing things the right way. I would also bring proof of living arrangements in the US... Showing that you have a place that you are up keeping and returning to in the US, just in case they are weary.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
2cookies said:
Hi All,

My wife PR will expired June next year and she was not in the country for the past 3 years now.
she is coming back soon - my question is: will she be able to use the actual PR card to enter Canada? (knowing that we need to have 2 out of 5 years in order to renew).

thanks everyone.
Your wife may have trouble at the border, and she may not. The CBSA might just send her through, but if they look into it and see that she has been out of the country for more than 3 years they could give her problems.

If she does get in and goes to renew her PR, she has to make sure that in a rolling 5 years she has 2 years in, so her PR might expire and she will have to wait to be sure she has the 2 years required to renew.

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
tink23 said:
People who cross the border frequently usually bring a copy of their application and proof of fees paid, that way if you get stopped and questioned in secondary, you will show that you are doing things the right way. I would also bring proof of living arrangements in the US... Showing that you have a place that you are up keeping and returning to in the US, just in case they are weary.
Okay Thanks..
I live with my parents still (still finishing some college classes..) Should I bring my internet bill or something (I pay for internet/cable) and my school schedule etc.. I do work M-F so would a letter from my employer work? I just get so worried about them freaking out on me...
It does show status though when I cross the border, that I do in fact have an application in progress?
Thanks!!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
msbigshot said:
Okay Thanks..
I live with my parents still (still finishing some college classes..) Should I bring my internet bill or something (I pay for internet/cable) and my school schedule etc.. I do work M-F so would a letter from my employer work? I just get so worried about them freaking out on me...
It does show status though when I cross the border, that I do in fact have an application in progress?
Thanks!!
I don't think you should have a problem. It's good to have those things just in case they want to question you further.

I think proof that you have classes to attend is great proof. Even a letter from your employer should be sufficient as well.

If they look further into you, they will see you have an application in, I believe. I don't think it pops up right away with the passport, but if they go deeper they will be able to see it. It's good to have the prof readily available to quickly show them, so you can hen be in your way.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
2cookies said:
Technically, her card expires, but her permanent residence is not directly tied to the card - like your citizenship is not tied directly to your passport's validity.

As a matter of law, she remains a permanent resident of Canada and must be permitted to enter. However if she is not in compliance with the residency obligation (RO), it is likely she will be sent to secondary. At that time she will be asked why she has been gone so long - this is the first opportunity to argue Humanitarian and Compassionate (H&C) reasons for failing to meet the RO. The officer can choose to accept her H&C arguments or not. If not, it is likely that the officer will write an A44(1) report (this is an "inadmissibility report") and may issue a "removal order". Such an order does not come into force for 30 days to permit the permanent resident to appeal the removal order. If not appealed, her permanent residence is lost (revoked) and the removal order comes into force (because she is once again a foreign national).

She may get lucky and not be questioned about her long absence, in which case none of this will happen. But the residency obligation remains an ongoing obligation, so she is at risk until she has spent 730 days out of the past 5 years in Canada (or in one of the other ways one can qualify to meet the RO).

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
tink23 said:
Your wife may have trouble at the border, and she may not. The CBSA might just send her through, but if they look into it and see that she has been out of the country for more than 3 years they could give her problems.

If she does get in and goes to renew her PR, she has to make sure that in a rolling 5 years she has 2 years in, so her PR might expire and she will have to wait to be sure she has the 2 years required to renew.
thank you Tink23

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
computergeek said:
Technically, her card expires, but her permanent residence is not directly tied to the card - like your citizenship is not tied directly to your passport's validity.

As a matter of law, she remains a permanent resident of Canada and must be permitted to enter. However if she is not in compliance with the residency obligation (RO), it is likely she will be sent to secondary. At that time she will be asked why she has been gone so long - this is the first opportunity to argue Humanitarian and Compassionate (H&C) reasons for failing to meet the RO. The officer can choose to accept her H&C arguments or not. If not, it is likely that the officer will write an A44(1) report (this is an "inadmissibility report") and may issue a "removal order". Such an order does not come into force for 30 days to permit the permanent resident to appeal the removal order. If not appealed, her permanent residence is lost (revoked) and the removal order comes into force (because she is once again a foreign national).

She may get lucky and not be questioned about her long absence, in which case none of this will happen. But the residency obligation remains an ongoing obligation, so she is at risk until she has spent 730 days out of the past 5 years in Canada (or in one of the other ways one can qualify to meet the RO).
hi Computergeek,

she was away coz of her profession. I dont think Humanitarian and Compassionate will work here, does it?
about the "A44" you mention, does that mean they will let her in for the time bein until she appeal?
fyi-she was here 1 year before she left. so she have 365 out of 730 which i believe is the same procedure, right?

thanks

Caroline T.

Oct 19, 2013
Australia
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/202014
Med's Done....
01/11/2014
Hi ive recently emailed cic about my application, im outland and visa office is ottawa, i sent an email to the email provided on my SA letter but i havent heard anything back yet, how long does it usually take to hear back from them?