+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

BlueOwl

Apr 27, 2014
Hi everybody,

Might be losing my mind here, but I noticed that for Spousal Sponsorship they ask that the applicant send all the paperwork to their sponsor in a 9" by 12" envelope. As my wife and I have been completing the paperwork while we are both together here in Canada, I am a little confused: Would that mean that when the application is sent off we would have my documents in an envelope within the envelope with her stuff in?

That sounds incredibly stupid but trying to get it right!

Thanks

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
BlueOwl said:
Hi everybody,

Might be losing my mind here, but I noticed that for Spousal Sponsorship they ask that the applicant send all the paperwork to their sponsor in a 9" by 12" envelope. As my wife and I have been completing the paperwork while we are both together here in Canada, I am a little confused: Would that mean that when the application is sent off we would have my documents in an envelope within the envelope with her stuff in?

That sounds incredibly stupid but trying to get it right!

Thanks
Yes, one application. It all goes together. I didn't have my app separated with envelopes. We used bull clips to separate sections and the. Tied it all together and stuck it in a big plastic UPS envelope.

Aug 21, 2014
hi quick question I married my husband who is from Jamaica on Feb 2013 and applied for sponsorship Nov 2013 got approved Feb 6, 2014 with all medicals sent in on Jan 2014 contacted CIC call Centre and they said that I should get my PR for him way By Oct 06, 2014 it is now August 21, 2014 anyone know if this is true. He has no criminal record or children... I want to start my family please this is getting frustrating :(

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
waiting too long said:
hi quick question I married my husband who is from Jamaica on Feb 2013 and applied for sponsorship Nov 2013 got approved Feb 6, 2014 with all medicals sent in on Jan 2014 contacted CIC call Centre and they said that I should get my PR for him way By Oct 06, 2014 it is now August 21, 2014 anyone know if this is true. He has no criminal record or children... I want to start my family please this is getting frustrating :(
What do you mean they said he will get his PR by Oct 6th? It sounds strange that they have an exact date he will receive his PR. Perhaps that is the day he will have an interview. If they knew they wanted to give the pr now, why would they wait until Oct 6th? It doesn't make sense to me.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Hey all,

We sent CIC Ottawa an email a few days ago ( we are trying to make sure our application hasn't gone to Ottawa by accident as it was supposed to go to London).
Anyway,I understand that it takes them a while to reply,but after reading about on the forum to see how long a reply usually takes,I've noticed that people usually get an automated email reply straight away to aknowledge that the email was received.we didn't get any email like this?do you think it may not have gone through?

Is there any other way we can contact Ottawa?ive seen the numbers for phoning,but that also so that it is for within canada only.can we still phone them from overseas or does this mean you can only inquire about stuff relating to an inland application?

Thanks very much in advance!just really wanna put my mind at rest about this.keep picturing the worst case scenario where they email back and say it was sent to the wrong office!

Thanks again,

Karl

cosmok

Aug 21, 2014
So I am starting the long process of sponsoring my wife to come Canada from the Dominican Republic. One of the supporting documents I have to provide is "proof of income." I have been a self-employed consultant for the last 15-years. Has anyone had experience with this? What document should I provide that shows I am self-employed?

It is a bit overwhelming at this point but I am going to take it one step at a time.

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
waiting too long said:
You should come over and ask your questions on the Kingston thread. They have great advice and knowledge there

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
cosmok said:
So I am starting the long process of sponsoring my wife to come Canada from the Dominican Republic. One of the supporting documents I have to provide is "proof of income." I have been a self-employed consultant for the last 15-years. Has anyone had experience with this? What document should I provide that shows I am self-employed?

It is a bit overwhelming at this point but I am going to take it one step at a time.
Hi Cosmok,

I sponsored my husband from Dominican Republic in 2012 (I actually lived there for 3 years).
To prove your income, do you have receipts or pay stubs from when you formally pay yourself for your work? Or a receipt of payment once you have worked for someone consulting? Even if you show a few bank statements showing your chequing account when you get money from work. It isn.t s huge deal. They just want to know that you will be able to support your spouse. I was unemployed when I sent in our application since I had just moved back to Canada less than a week before. It didn't matter. He got approved in 3 months from start to finish.

If you have Facebook you must join the Facebook group called Dominicano Spouses. It is a wonderful group full of foreigners (many Canadians) married to Dominicans. There are many people who have gone through this process or are currently going through it, from Dominican Republic.

If you don't have Facebook, of course I can help you ei any questions related to this process from a Dominican stand. Please let me know how I can be of help :)

cosmok

Aug 21, 2014
Thank you tink23. I do invoice my clients and they pay me by cheque. The checklist says they require a statement of business activities over the last 12 months. To send them all my invoices and cheque stubs from the last 12 months would be a whole lot of paper work.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
cosmok said:
Thank you tink23. I do invoice my clients and they pay me by cheque. The checklist says they require a statement of business activities over the last 12 months. To send them all my invoices and cheque stubs from the last 12 months would be a whole lot of paper work.
Do you have a final monthly official tally showing the bottom line each month?

cosmok

Aug 21, 2014
I do have totals, and profit and loss, in the accounting software I use. Are you sure they would accept that? It is easily faked. The invoices have all the client's information and services rendered but it sure is a lot to send. I also don't think I should be sharing that with anyone.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
KarlR said:
Hey all,

We sent CIC Ottawa an email a few days ago ( we are trying to make sure our application hasn't gone to Ottawa by accident as it was supposed to go to London).
Anyway,I understand that it takes them a while to reply,but after reading about on the forum to see how long a reply usually takes,I've noticed that people usually get an automated email reply straight away to aknowledge that the email was received.we didn't get any email like this?do you think it may not have gone through?

Is there any other way we can contact Ottawa?ive seen the numbers for phoning,but that also so that it is for within canada only.can we still phone them from overseas or does this mean you can only inquire about stuff relating to an inland application?

Thanks very much in advance!just really wanna put my mind at rest about this.keep picturing the worst case scenario where they email back and say it was sent to the wrong office!

Thanks again,

Karl
There is a thread in the Canadian Experience Class section of this forum about not receiving an automated email from Ottawa, perhaps have a read there?

Here is the link

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/no-autoresponse-from-cpcctdottawa-t187093.0.html

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
cosmok said:
I do have totals, and profit and loss, in the accounting software I use. Are you sure they would accept that? It is easily faked. The invoices have all the client's information and services rendered but it sure is a lot to send. I also don't think I should be sharing that with anyone.
I don't think that Cic would appreciate getting hundreds of invoices. And like you said, it has the client information on it. I don't know what they want, because, like I said, I was unemployed. You could send those totals to them, along with some bank statements (white out what info you don't want them to see like account number or whatever else). I don't think it is an orderly big idea. There is no minimum requirement for finances when sponsoring a spouse. They just want to know that your spouse will be cared for and not go on welfare. So you could show them those things, and give an explanation that you have other things available if they need further proof, which I doubt they will want.

cosmok

Aug 21, 2014
Thanks tink23. I think I have enough to prove to them that I am working. They made it sound like there was an official document with a "statement of business activities."