23 April 2013
Passport Req..
11 May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Fingers Crossed
LANDED..........
Hope B4 October 31
Hi senior members of the Forum,

I have been following the thread (New Delhi -2013 applicants) for the last couple of Months and I must say , Reading the different experiences of different members really does give you a little confidence in the not so perfect Spousal immigration system. Kudos and hats off to that. Keeping the sanity of the fellow members in check is an achievement in itself and every member should be proud of that.

Now here is my first post as I have this question in my head.Hope the senior and more experienced members can me get my head around that.
I got married to my wife on November 2012 and was on an open work permit which had expired in feb this year ,after completing my Post graduation from Toronto.Now my wife (who is a CANADIAN CITIZEN and also the Sponsor) is pregnant and is due in October first week.

My time line is as follows :

Application Rec'd by CIC-M - 03-04-2013 (3rd April 2013)
Sponsorship Approval - 23-04-2013
Passport Request (PPR) - 11-05-2013
Passport recieved at NDVO -14-05-2013 ( 14th May 2013 by recipient STAMP)
Ecas Status - Application received

Now my quarries are as follows- a) As my wife is expecting for a Delivery date of 12 October , I have a letter from her doctor which shows my name , Wife's name and the due date. With this Strike looming on the decision and I want to be there for my Wife's delivery, would It be any help if I approach the New Delhi Visa Office and request them to process my application on the above mentioned grounds ( This is supposed to be humanitarian grounds ).
I have all the necessary documents with me to prove this.

Now I have had a word with our immigration lawyer in TO , and he says its no harm in trying , but just to get an opinion wanted to ask the members if there are any drawbacks of approaching the NDVO. Also Would It be beneficial if I could get a letter from the MP stating the Above facts and also carrying them with me when I go to the NDVO.

Also Is ordering the GCMS notes of any help

Thanks everyone for the valuable inputs and God Bless..

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ankush440 said:
Now my quarries are as follows- a) As my wife is expecting for a Delivery date of 12 October , I have a letter from her doctor which shows my name , Wife's name and the due date. With this Strike looming on the decision and I want to be there for my Wife's delivery, would It be any help if I approach the New Delhi Visa Office and request them to process my application on the above mentioned grounds ( This is supposed to be humanitarian grounds ).
I have all the necessary documents with me to prove this.
I agree with your lawyer - it won't hurt. It is, however, unlikely to prompt NDVO to do anything within that time frame, so I would just caution you to not expect a positive response from them. This is especially true with the strike action continuing to escalate - it seems clear that what few resources CIC does have are being focused on student and work visas (because they have immediate economic impact).

Good luck!

fatima haider

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25feb, 2013
AOR Received.
27thjuly 2013
Med's Request
19th feb 2015
Med's Done....
3rd march 2015
Interview........
19th march 2015 (cleared alhumduliilah)
Passport Req..
19th march 2015 got visa on spot
VISA ISSUED...
19th march 2015
i m 3.5 years older then my husband. but we had a 6 year relationship before getting married. plus we had same school. and age difference never really mattered.. i started school late plus shifted schools so technically its my fault i studied with the ppl younger then me. shld they raise an issue?

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatima haider said:
i m 3.5 years older then my husband. but we had a 6 year relationship before getting married. plus we had same school. and age difference never really mattered.. i started school late plus shifted schools so technically its my fault i studied with the ppl younger then me. shld they raise an issue?
If this is the only thing that you are worried about, then I would say 'Don't worry'.

The bottom line that CIC is looking for is that you two are genuinely married.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
fatima haider said:
3.5 years is not a big enough age gap to be a red flag. I think anything more than 7 years in some cultures looks suspicious to them and that is where the problem begins.

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th

KKRSTNA

Dec 17, 2012
Hey guys! I'm here again to ask another question... sorry if I'm starting to become annoying.

So, it's official! I've booked my one way ticket to Ontario and I'll be living with my boyfriend starting Oct 16th!

Now, my question: Is there ANY WAY I can work at all while I'm there? even if I'm considered a visitor? I'm quite young, (19...20 in two months) I plan on going to school there once we get approved for common law. I'm currently working a retail job here in Southern California. I've saved up a lot of money, plus my family will be giving me money before I leave. I just worry about running out of money for the 6 months + I plan to stay there AND then having to worry about the spousal application fee. I also don't want to feel like I'm useless and can't help my boyfriend pay bills, etc... he says they're loopholes, but knowing him I'm sure he said that just trying to keep me from worrying.

Can someone please tell me something?! :(

Baadshah

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Stoney Creek
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
AOR Received.
AoR from Canada: 28-10-2014
File Transfer...
AoR from India: 18-11-2014
Med's Request
Requested: 26-08-2015; Completed: 14-09-2015
Med's Done....
Up front: 19-07-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2015 but "In Process" effective August 2015
Thanks hazamc. I thought of the same.

hazamc said:
I am not very sure but let me tell you something which might help you. I think it will be better for you to apply through India instead of Pakistan because from Pakistan it is gonna take 29 Months while through India it is gonna take only 6-9 Months. 10#msg2447110 date=1374896945]

ALLY06

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
02-21-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
KKRSTNA said:
Hey guys! I'm here again to ask another question... sorry if I'm starting to become annoying.

So, it's official! I've booked my one way ticket to Ontario and I'll be living with my boyfriend starting Oct 16th!

Now, my question: Is there ANY WAY I can work at all while I'm there? even if I'm considered a visitor? I'm quite young, (19...20 in two months) I plan on going to school there once we get approved for common law. I'm currently working a retail job here in Southern California. I've saved up a lot of money, plus my family will be giving me money before I leave. I just worry about running out of money for the 6 months + I plan to stay there AND then having to worry about the spousal application fee. I also don't want to feel like I'm useless and can't help my boyfriend pay bills, etc... he says they're loopholes, but knowing him I'm sure he said that just trying to keep me from worrying.

Can someone please tell me something?! :(
Hey!

I was in a similar situation a couple years ago when I moved from Cali to Vancouver to stay with my boyfriend. I spent hourrrs looking up info on how I could work, etc not knowing anything about the process. We were in an LDR for one year prior to me moving. The best advice I got was if I saw myself marrying him, then sponsorship is the way to go (especially if you get married in the near future!). Unfortunately you cannot work if you are just on a visitor status (it sucks I know...) because you get your SIN # (like social security number) as soon as you land, so as soon as you get your PR you can start working immediately. The timeline is looking about 7 months for outland applicants.

Hopefully that helps a bit, if it weren't for the amazing ppl on this forum I would be totally lost myself!

KKRSTNA

Dec 17, 2012
Thanks so much Ally!

I was wondering what I should do in regards to applying inland/outland. If we do go the inland route, and all goes well with approval, I could be granted first stage approval and work, correct?

But I was also looking at the Outland option.... I'd be able to come back here to California and work for a but until all is done. I'm just so confused on what I should do when money is such a huge factor to me. :(

We've been in a LDR for almost 3 years! I just wanna quit life! Lol

ALLY06

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
02-21-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
KKRSTNA said:
Thanks so much Ally!

I was wondering what I should do in regards to applying inland/outland. If we do go the inland route, and all goes well with approval, I could be granted first stage approval and work, correct?

But I was also looking at the Outland option.... I'd be able to come back here to California and work for a but until all is done. I'm just so confused on what I should do when money is such a huge factor to me. :(

We've been in a LDR for almost 3 years! I just wanna quit life! Lol
I applied outland, and I would suggest this option because you can have the flexibility of traveling in and out of the country during processing, and you can still work in the US while waiting to save some funds. With outland you can also be in Canada with your BF anytime on a visitor status for up to 6 months. You can even get your medicals and fingerprints done there too. The timeline of outland apps is shorter as well.

Check these forums for more details of inland vs outland, there is a lot of helpful info :)

Three years is crazy!

chaptr3

Jul 29, 2013
Hello All,
I am a US citizen married to a Canadian. Married 2011 in the States. We moved here in January 2013. At the crossing in Coutts the asked if I was moving here permanently. I replied that I was moving here. he gave me a 6 month visitor Visa,, which has now expired. I got my residency application off and it was received July 17th. I understand now that I have residency under "implied residency" status.
My question is may I now travel outside of Canada? I have seen several "Yes" answers to that question. But some confusion as to re-entry.
Since my visitor visa has expired, will I be allowed re-entry based on my copies of receipt of payment, receipt of application, copy of application, an Alberta drivers license, and proof of marriage to my Canadian wife. I do not work here- have not received work permit yet, so I don't think that is an issue and there is "proof of support".

I posted essentially the same question an hour ago and two of you posted answers. Clumsily the whole post was deleted. To you two, thank you, and I apologize.

Thank you for any advice and/ or suggestions?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chaptr3 said:
I got my residency application off and it was received July 17th. I understand now that I have residency under "implied residency" status.
My question is may I now travel outside of Canada? I have seen several "Yes" answers to that question. But some confusion as to re-entry.
Since my visitor visa has expired, will I be allowed re-entry based on my copies of receipt of payment, receipt of application, copy of application, an Alberta drivers license, and proof of marriage to my Canadian wife. I do not work here- have not received work permit yet, so I don't think that is an issue and there is "proof of support".
Did you apply inland or outland? If you applied outland, there is no implied status. You would have to make sure you apply to extend or restore your visitor status or leave. If you applied inland, you have implied status if you applied for a visitor extension or OWP along with your application package. However, leaving Canada invalidates implied status.

If you leave, there is no guarantee that you will be allowed re-entry. Since you are visa exempt, it is likely but it could happen that you are not. If you applied inland and you leave Canada and are not allowed back in for some reason, you would lose your application.

chaptr3

Jul 29, 2013
I applied inland (as we were already living here, and also we were told that work permit would be approved quicker-although PR would take longer).
I did not apply for extension of visitor visa because it did not seem that it could be done in time (according to times posted at CIC).
I simply need to attend a seminar in Singapore for about 4 days in October.
I am thankful to you for your reply, although it is discouraging.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chaptr3 said:
I applied inland (as we were already living here, and also we were told that work permit would be approved quicker-although PR would take longer).
I did not apply for extension of visitor visa because it did not seem that it could be done in time (according to times posted at CIC).
I simply need to attend a seminar in Singapore for about 4 days in October.
I am thankful to you for your reply, although it is discouraging.
Did you apply for the open work permit along with your application package? If you did not apply for either the visitor visa extension or an open work permit, you are now out of status and staying in Canada illegally. You would have to apply to restore your status again to visitor and you would be better off if you don't leave.