Mar 13,2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Aug 2nd, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
soon inshallah
LANDED..........
soon inshallah
Hi Everyone! Congrats for all the people that got their visa and nshallah soon for the other ones!
My husband is still waiting for his. My husband is lebanese living in Dubai, we did his application trough lebanon because they told us from dubai it would take for ever. CIC got my husband's application and Medical Results on Dec 14,2011, i got a letter from CIC on Feb 21,2012 saying that i have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and that my application has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing(lebanon). I was wondering if it got to Syria?? and then leb? can someone let me know? and then this wednesday i got an email from the ambassy of canada in lebanon requiring more doucuments such as his police clearance in dubai, police clearance in leb ,new medical exam, and a residency questionnaire. Can someone tell me if this is a good sign that they are requiring these documents and how long after they get his documents in lebanon they will contact us?? is it going to take another 6 months?? Thanks:)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
roambee said:
what is the minimum income eligibility to sponsor my spouse as PR?
There is no minimum for a spouse. You'll need to provide details of how you will support yourself if you're unemployed.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Rob_TO said:
Do you mean the $1040 paid in total to CIC for sponsorship/PR? If so then no, none of these fees can be claimed on your taxes.
These expenses may be deductible depending upon the jurisdiction(s) you are filing your taxes in - check the laws of all countries where you may have tax liability.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
IvanP said:
These expenses may be deductible depending upon the jurisdiction(s) you are filing your taxes in - check the laws of all countries where you may have tax liability.
Can you advise a bit more here? My impression in filing taxes from Canada (Ontario specifically) there is no way to claim these costs as deductions, credits etc.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Rob_TO said:
Can you advise a bit more here? My impression in filing taxes from Canada (Ontario specifically) there is no way to claim these costs as deductions, credits etc.
I'm saying that your immigration expenses may be deductible in other countries (other jurisdictions), depending on the laws of those jurisdictions. You might be able to characterize the expenses as moving expenses, for example, and write them off. When you change residency from one country to another during one tax year, you'll likely need to file tax returns in more than one country (at least in the first year). And US citizens, of course, get stuck filing US returns basically forever, even if you don't owe US tax, but the US is a stupid place.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Rob_TO said:
The cost of the immigration fees are not tax deductible as far as I know. If they were that would be a federal deduction not a provincial one. I think the only deduction you can make is spousal dependency.

If there is please let me know. LOL

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
IvanP said:
I'm saying that your immigration expenses may be deductible in other countries (other jurisdictions), depending on the laws of those jurisdictions. You might be able to characterize the expenses as moving expenses, for example, and write them off. When you change residency from one country to another during one tax year, you'll likely need to file tax returns in more than one country (at least in the first year). And US citizens, of course, get stuck filing US returns basically forever, even if you don't owe US tax, but the US is a stupid place.
So do you have any examples of where or in what jurisdictions this would be allowed?
I really don't think any place in the world would allow you to claim CIC fees as a "moving expense". Would love to hear though if anyone has actually done this.

jaimevetero

Oct 24, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2nd, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 9th, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 3rd, 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 16th, 2012
Med's Request
July 9th, 2012
Med's Done....
July 27th, 2012
Interview........
March 26th, 2013
Passport Req..
March 26th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 16th, 2013
LANDED..........
May 2nd, 2013
hi everyone!! I got this email from Santiago visa office:

In order to continue processing your immigration application, or the application of your relative in Canada, you and the following persons are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:

Interview on Tuesday March 26, 2013 at 15:30

Please bring the following original documents:

60373318 - > Other: Must demonstrate that you have maintained a relationship with sponsor since your return from Canada (March 2012).

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE RECEPTIONIST WHEN YOU CHECK IN FOR THE INTERVIEW. DOCUMENTS NOT SUBMITTED PRIOR TO THE INTERVIEW MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED AT THE INTERVIEW.

If you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated, you must inform us well in advance, giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. If you do not inform us in advance and do not attend, we will have to assume that you are no longer interested in going to Canada and your application will be refused.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

PLEASE HELP ME! on what I should expect. What could they ask me?? if any of you has gone through the same pleas! I have whatsapp conversations skype calls itinerary when my partner came in may and some emails.. but I dont know if that is enough!! I'm freaking out!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Deductions for moving expenses have to relate to employment income not familial concerns.
When I moved from Toronto to Winnipeg it was a job transfer hence I could claim all related costs as a deduction. A spouse moving for family immigration would not qualify under those conditions.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
canada_citizen said:
Hi Everyone! Congrats for all the people that got their visa and nshallah soon for the other ones!
My husband is still waiting for his. My husband is lebanese living in Dubai, we did his application trough lebanon because they told us from dubai it would take for ever. CIC got my husband's application and Medical Results on Dec 14,2011, i got a letter from CIC on Feb 21,2012 saying that i have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and that my application has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing(lebanon). I was wondering if it got to Syria?? and then leb? can someone let me know? and then this wednesday i got an email from the ambassy of canada in lebanon requiring more doucuments such as his police clearance in dubai, police clearance in leb ,new medical exam, and a residency questionnaire. Can someone tell me if this is a good sign that they are requiring these documents and how long after they get his documents in lebanon they will contact us?? is it going to take another 6 months?? Thanks:)
it's good sign because it means that they are working on your application. about how long it will take - that's always a guess. It can take somewhere from 2 to 3 months for them to review it, but then they might want more documents, or an interview - and interview can happen anytime. However, if they have not requested more documents to show that the relationship is genuine, they might not need anything more.
Good luck,
Sweden

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Computergeek

I received the letter on Tuesday just Excally one month .I have the meeting set up for next week.Me and my wife will have to go.Do you know what kind of meeting that will be?.They asked me to bring 2 pictures and my passport,but they didn't ask me to pay the 490$.I will bring it just in case they ask me to .How long will it take to receive my PR?.I would like to know thanks
Anybody who have experience about that or already had one.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
jaimevetero said:
hi everyone!! I got this email from Santiago visa office:

In order to continue processing your immigration application, or the application of your relative in Canada, you and the following persons are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:

Interview on Tuesday March 26, 2013 at 15:30
Please bring the following original documents:
60373318 - > Other: Must demonstrate that you have maintained a relationship with sponsor since your return from Canada (March 2012).
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE RECEPTIONIST WHEN YOU CHECK IN FOR THE INTERVIEW. DOCUMENTS NOT SUBMITTED PRIOR TO THE INTERVIEW MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED AT THE INTERVIEW.
If you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated, you must inform us well in advance, giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. If you do not inform us in advance and do not attend, we will have to assume that you are no longer interested in going to Canada and your application will be refused.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
PLEASE HELP ME! on what I should expect. What could they ask me?? if any of you has gone through the same pleas! I have whatsapp conversations skype calls itinerary when my partner came in may and some emails.. but I dont know if that is enough!! I'm freaking out!
bring the proofs that you have been communicating with your partner from March to now. The main reason for an interview is to see if the relationship is genuine or not, and see if the two persons are still a couple. So it will go well! Bring phone/skype records, emails, print screen of your inbox showing how often you communicate, etc. - anything that proves that you have been in regular contact. Since he has visited you in Chile in May2012, then bring proofs of that: pictures, itinerary, his flight ticket, ask him to send you a scan of his visa/passport stamp to show entry in the country, etc. If he sent you gifts from March to now, then bring a proof of that as well.
About the questions - they will ask about his family, where did he study, etc - everything that was in his application, they can ask you about it. Prepare for it, bring the proofs, and it should go well.
Good luck,
Sweden

lizardgirl

Mar 9, 2013
Leon said:
Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse travels while you are waiting for your processing because it is a requirement of inland that they reside in Canada and if they are denied entry at the border for some reason, your application is gone. If an interview is required for inland, you may also have to wait a long time for it. The inland application would be sent to Vegreville and if all goes well, you would get a first stage approval, usually in 6 to 8 months.
I have a big question about this, my spouse to be is in Canada with me, we are getting married within two months and can do it here in Canada or in the united states where he is from. We want to ensure our marriage is recognized by both though and wonder where is the best place to get married? Once officially married we would like to apply for inland processing. But we also had future travel plans 6-10 months from now and are worried we cant travel for years while the processing is going on. Is this accurate? Is there some way to be allowed out of the country together say, to costa rica for our honeymoon and still not risk losing his application? Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lizardgirl said:
I have a big question about this, my spouse to be is in Canada with me, we are getting married within two months and can do it here in Canada or in the united states where he is from. We want to ensure our marriage is recognized by both though and wonder where is the best place to get married? Once officially married we would like to apply for inland processing. But we also had future travel plans 6-10 months from now and are worried we cant travel for years while the processing is going on. Is this accurate? Is there some way to be allowed out of the country together say, to costa rica for our honeymoon and still not risk losing his application? Any help is greatly appreciated :)
It doesn't matter whether you marry in the US or in Canada. It will be recognized by both countries.

Even if you apply inland, you can travel if he is visa exempt. He should be residing in Canada during the processing so you can not move but a vacation should be ok. I see very little risk of him being refused entry if he is coming back from a short vacation along with his Canadian spouse unless he is drunk and tries to hit the immigration officer or something like that.

For people who are not visa exempt, it is very risky to leave Canada during the processing because they face not being allowed back. If they have a valid TRV, they would probably be allowed to enter but if their TRV has expired and they have to apply for a new one from outside Canada, they are often denied and would then lose their inland application.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Popo012 said:
Computergeek

I received the letter on Tuesday just Excally one month :).I have the meeting set up for next week.Me and my wife will have to go.Do you know what kind of meeting that will be?.They asked me to bring 2 pictures and my passport,but they didn't ask me to pay the 490$.I will bring it just in case they ask me to :).How long will it take to receive my PR?.I would like to know thanks
The hard part is done. They will go over your COPR and make sure your name is correct, that you do not have any undisclosed criminality issues, that you are still living with your sponsor and that you don't have any undisclosed family members (since you are barred from ever sponsoring a child not declared before you land.)

Most people report that it takes 10 minutes or so to complete the interview. Some offices will assign you a permanent SIN at the same time. The photographs are affixed to your COPR and one copy is returned to you and the other sent to CPC-S for production of your PR card.