+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Beginner

Oct 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Nick

I am filling a form IMM5669E, there is question no.8 Personal History: what to fill in that form?
As I had been living with my parents since my birth and then after wedding in this year i moved to my husband's home.
Do I have to mention my all activities one by one in the table given under that question? Like I started school in age of 5 years, then the college then university and then job...
do I have to list all one by one as a separate activity in that table?
I hope my question is clear :)

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Beginner said:
I am filling a form IMM5669E, there is question no.8 Personal History: what to fill in that form?
As I had been living with my parents since my birth and then after wedding in this year i moved to my husband's home.
Do I have to mention my all activities one by one in the table given under that question? Like I started school in age of 5 years, then the college then university and then job...
do I have to list all one by one as a separate activity in that table?
I hope my question is clear :)
The instructions for question number 8 are as follows:

Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever comes first.
Start with the most recent information. Under "Activity", write your occupation or job title if you were working. If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing (for example: unemployed, studying, traveling, retired, in detention, etc.).

If you're 23 years old, you would list your activities from 18 to 23.
If you're 35 years old, you would list your activities from 25 to 35.

amna_r

Nov 26, 2012
Hey everyone

I have a question regarding my husband's sponsorship. We got married a few months back, we decided to first apply for a study permit for my husband, and once he was in Canada, then apply for sponsorship inland. At the time, our marriage had not be registered ( we applied a few weeks after the ceremony) so in the study permit forms, we included him as single. we would have let the immigration know of the change in status as soon as the marriage certificate had been attained. However, his study visa was rejected.

Now, I'm thinking of applying for his sponsorship outland. Our marriage has been registered and everything else is in order too. One thing that is buggin me is the mix up in the time it took for us to register our marriage. WIll the immigration people think we were misrepresenting facts with them if our marriage took place before we applied for his study visa and listed him as single, eventhough he was not? Do they keep record of such things, and if yes, shall we add an explanation?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
amna_r said:
Hey everyone

I have a question regarding my husband's sponsorship. We got married a few months back, we decided to first apply for a study permit for my husband, and once he was in Canada, then apply for sponsorship inland. At the time, our marriage had not be registered ( we applied a few weeks after the ceremony) so in the study permit forms, we included him as single. we would have let the immigration know of the change in status as soon as the marriage certificate had been attained. However, his study visa was rejected.

Now, I'm thinking of applying for his sponsorship outland. Our marriage has been registered and everything else is in order too. One thing that is buggin me is the mix up in the time it took for us to register our marriage. WIll the immigration people think we were misrepresenting facts with them if our marriage took place before we applied for his study visa and listed him as single, eventhough he was not? Do they keep record of such things, and if yes, shall we add an explanation?
I think that can be seen as misrepresentation. just because your marriage wasn't registered yet, he was still married... They do keep records and I think this could be somethnig that will cause a red flag in your file. You will definitely have to send a very convincing letter of explanation and hope it's enough for them to overlook that mistake in the study permit application. Hopefully your explanation will be enough and he won't get charged with misrepresentation.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amna_r said:
We got married a few months back, we decided to first apply for a study permit for my husband, and once he was in Canada, then apply for sponsorship inland.
Sure. That's logical. First get married, then DON'T submit a spousal application - apply as a student instead. Makes perfect sense to me.

When my future wife will want to sponsor her mother one day, we'll be sure to apply for her as a refugee rather than a parent.

amna_r said:
WIll the immigration people think we were misrepresenting facts with them
No, they won't think it.
They'll know it.

amna_r said:
Do they keep record of such things, and if yes, shall we add an explanation?
What's your explanation going to be? "We tried to scam our way into Canada by whatever means necessary, and to hell with laws and proper procedures"?

You can try, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
Hi everyone,
Just wondered if anyone here in the forum had any experience with applying outland while living abroad. I am a Canadian citizen that has been living in Buenos Aires for the last ten years with my Argentine wife and two young children who just recently recieved their canadian citizen ship papers. I sponsored my wife and CIC recieved our application via tracking Nov 8 2012. My question deals with employment as I was sent a job offer via a letter to start working next spring which I sent along with our application. I also sent a letter explaining how I had been out of the country for 10 years and hadn't filed a tax return since 2002 and could not supply the form they requested for your last tax year...I don't think this should be a problem but i just wandered if anyone else had a similiar situation.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
amna_r said:
Hey everyone

I think it's plausible that a person could make a mistake between celebrated/registered, although the majority of people wouldn't. If you were asked about your answer and said that you'd made this mistake, I don't think there would be proof of misrepresentation. You'd have to be prepared to answer why you didn't make the same mistake on the permanent residence application. (You learned later that it's the date of celebration that counts.)

From manual ENF 2 Section 9.10:

"The following situations would not generally constitute misrepresentation:

Mistakes or misunderstandings:

[...]

Other cases where a person answers truthfully at an interview without hesitation and
it is reasonable to believe that the person did not understand the question on the
application form or forgot the relevant information at that time."

More important perhaps is the following, from section 9.7 of the same manual:

"An application for a visa abroad, or for entry into Canada at a port of entry may be denied
based on a misrepresentation made in connection with the current application or
examination only, unless the person was previously the subject of a refusal for
misrepresentation and the resulting two-year inadmissibility period has not elapsed."

So, based on my reading of this, unless the visa was refused specifically for misrepresentation, this should not be a bar to sponsorship. However, it may attract attention and make other statements you make seem suspect. So documentary evidence of a genuine relationship might be more important for you than for other people.

disfrust

Jun 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
AOR Received.
12-03-2012
File Transfer...
17-05-2011
Med's Request
19-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-07-2012 ecase updated on 30-09-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
09-02-2013 passport sent to CHC on 11-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013 passport received on 21-02-2013
LANDED..........
22-03-2013
tuyen said:
Okay, but don't you want to ask your question again, and this time provide as much information as possible?

I'm sure there's somebody who would be able to give you the correct answer to your question, but you need to be clear when you ask it.
got the answer from someone who understood the question n acronyms

jack83

Nov 27, 2012
Hi everyone.

I'm from Greece and I'm getting married with my fiancee in the near future. She is from Canada.
The question is that she is now in Canada visiting her parents and we dont know where to get married.
If I visti her in Canada for the marriage, she should invite me as her future husband? If we get married in Canada, can I stay until I'm approved for permanent stay? Can I work? If she invites me as her fiancee and that we are planning to get married???
Many questions..
Please help me with the ideal and the quickest procedure.
Thank you for your time.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
jack83 said:
Hi everyone.

I'm from Greece and I'm getting married with my fiancee in the near future. She is from Canada.
The question is that she is now in Canada visiting her parents and we dont know where to get married.
If I visti her in Canada for the marriage, she should invite me as her future husband? If we get married in Canada, can I stay until I'm approved for permanent stay? Can I work? If she invites me as her fiancee and that we are planning to get married???
Many questions..
Please help me with the ideal and the quickest procedure.
Thank you for your time.
Hey,

1) Are you visa exempt? I personally would not mention that you are going to get married whilst visiting Canada. This is likely to raise a huge red flag. Don't lie but say something more along the lines of I am coming to visit my girlfriend. Also make sure you buy a return ticket to your home country even if you have no intention of using it. A 1 way ticket once again will raise a huge red flag.

2) You can stay in Canada if you apply using an inland application, if you decide to use an outland application then you will have to keep renewing your status whilst your inside Canada (that is if they issue you an extension). No you cannot work initially with either an outland or inland application although if you apply inland and submit an OWP application at the same time as your PR application once your wife is approved (about 6 months) you will receive AIP. At that point you can try to find a job.

3) If your desperate to work, you can try and find a job that requires a LMO but since you will have an application under-way it is highly unlikely you will be granted it (A potential employer must show your skill set is different to every Canadian or PR that has applied and you are the only 1 qualified for the position). A LMO for sure will be very hard to obtain.

4) Her inviting you as your fiancee won't matter 1 jot to the border official, if anything it is going to raise a red flag and say "I am coming in to Canada and it will be damn hard to remove me" so as a word of advice don't mention marriage.

BossJa

Nov 27, 2012
Im a Jamaican Citizen married to a Canadian Citizen and we are both living in the U.S. I understand that she can sponsor me to become a Permanent Resident in Canada while we are here in the U.S. if we plan on moving back to Canada once I get the Permanent resident status. My question is, what if we don't plan on going back to Canada immediately as we are both working in the U.S.? Should i still apply for permanent resident or should i just apply for a visa. If I should just apply for a visa, what kind of visa should i apply for?

Regards,
D.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BossJa said:
Im a Jamaican Citizen married to a Canadian Citizen and we are both living in the U.S. I understand that she can sponsor me to become a Permanent Resident in Canada while we are here in the U.S. if we plan on moving back to Canada once I get the Permanent resident status. My question is, what if we don't plan on going back to Canada immediately as we are both working in the U.S.? Should i still apply for permanent resident or should i just apply for a visa. If I should just apply for a visa, what kind of visa should i apply for?
If you don't plan to go to Canada immediately and are both happily working in the US, it will be hard for your spouse to prove that you are planning on moving to Canada when you get your PR and that is a requirement for her in order to sponsor you while she herself is living outside Canada.

What other visa you'd like to apply for depends on your purpose. Do you want to visit Canada? Then you apply for a visitor visa. However, as a spouse of a Canadian, it could be hard for you to get one. Immigration often sees spouses as a risk to overstay in Canada.

BossJa

Nov 27, 2012
Thanks Leon,

Yes a visitors visa is what I would want then, since we would not be migrating to canada immediately. The fact that my wife is not living in Canada at the moment, do you think this will make it any easier for me to get a visitors visa? I just want to go visit my InLaws there at the moment.

Regards,
D.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
BossJa said:
Thanks Leon,

Yes a visitors visa is what I would want then, since we would not be migrating to canada immediately. The fact that my wife is not living in Canada at the moment, do you think this will make it any easier for me to get a visitors visa? I just want to go visit my InLaws there at the moment.
The fact you are in the US legally will help you substantially. If you prove that you have strong ties to the US you have a reasonable chance of being granted a visitor's visa.