09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
viv123_99_2000 said:
I can prove my common law relationship no problem with that.I got married after doing my landing and baby was born much later so no issues there too.Was wondering only about not havign job in hand thats all.

Also my wife is in dubai which will be the Visa Office.London?
You have to prove you did NOT have a common-law relationship because otherwise you had to include her in your previous application. If CIC knows about you having a common-law relationship BEFORE your application was finalized and you landed, you may be barred from sponsoring your now wife (though you may be able to sponsor your child).

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viv123_99_2000 said:
i can prove she was not common law partner.we never lived together.
If you didn't live together for a period of 12 months, then you don't have to prove anything.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
tuyen said:
What about the income requirement? Without a job, he would be classified as unemployed while trying to sponsor a wife and child.

If he has $30,000 in the bank, that might help persuade CIC (assuming he includes a letter clearly stating it and proving it), but his application would still be going in for processing as unemployed.
There is no income requirement for sponsoring a spouse and dependent. The income requirement only applies if the dependent has dependents.

Here is the IRPR section (Section 133) that refers to minimum income (and no social assistance):

(j) if the sponsor resides
(i) in a province other than a province
referred to in paragraph 131(b), has a
total income that is at least equal to
the minimum necessary income, and
(ii) in a province referred to in paragraph
131(b), is able, within the
meaning of the laws of that province
and as determined by the competent
authority of that province, to fulfil the
undertaking referred to in that paragraph;
and
(k) is not in receipt of social assistance
for a reason other than disability.
However, there is an exception to this rule:

(4) Paragraph (1)(j) does not apply if
the sponsored person is
(a) the sponsor's spouse, common-law
partner or conjugal partner and has no
dependent children;
(b) the sponsor's spouse, common-law
partner or conjugal partner and has a dependent
child who has no dependent
children; or
(c) a dependent child of the sponsor
who has no dependent children or a person
referred to in paragraph 117(1)(g).
In the OP's case, the exemption applies based upon (b)and (c).

While CIC presumably can refuse to allow a sponsorship application if they are convinced the sponsor cannot meet the obligations of the sponsorship application, I have seen multiple successful applications in which the sponsor has no recent or current employment and yet is still allowed to sponsor - in such cases, they do consider the skills and abilities of the applicant as well.

One thing to mention here is that the rules differ for Quebec (this is alluded to in the rules).

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
viv123_99_2000 said:
i have not lived together under one roof at all before getting married
Then you're fine. We have seen a number of couples run into trouble in this specific case, which is why we mention it.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
There is no income requirement for sponsoring a spouse and dependent. The income requirement only applies if the dependent has dependents.
Or if the spouse has more than one child. That's where it slipped my mind - I forgot that the first child has no income requirement, but once you get beyond one child, things change.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viv123_99_2000 said:
i have only 1 child.
So in that case you should be fine in terms of CIC not rejecting your application due to insufficient income. It's possible they might ask you how you plan to support your family after they arrive, and at that point just mention that you have some money in the bank, and you're also actively looking for work, and tell them your previous work history. If you've been consistently employed during the last few years, I'm sure they wouldn't consider you to be a high risk case.

Moscow123

Nov 26, 2012
Wanted to see my spouse sponsorship application but see is what i saw: "we have been instructed to remove the application and the address information from the Internet". I do not know the reason.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moscow123 said:
Wanted to see my spouse sponsorship application but see is what i saw: "we have been instructed to remove the application and the address information from the Internet". I do not know the reason.
What are you talking about? Based on your post, nobody's going to be able to give you any help without at least some basic information.

Are you the sponsor, or are you the applicant?
Where did you see this message?
Where did the message come from? Was it an e-mail?
When did you apply?
To which office? Inland or Outland?
Have you spoken with your spouse? Did he/she cancel the application without telling you?

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
disfrust said:
Thank you tuyen for taking out the time to write the above.
Okay, but don't you want to ask your question again, and this time provide as much information as possible?

I'm sure there's somebody who would be able to give you the correct answer to your question, but you need to be clear when you ask it.

Beginner

Oct 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi
I am filling my forms, My husband is sponsoring me as he is PR at CA. We are newly married since 6 months, right now a form is there that is to be filled by me, the applicant form is IMM0008DEP. We do not have any kids, so no dependent we have. Do I have to fill this form or need to leave it blank?

Nick Manickam

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
Beginner said:
hi
I am filling my forms, My husband is sponsoring me as he is PR at CA. We are newly married since 6 months, right now a form is there that is to be filled by me, the applicant form is IMM0008DEP. We do not have any kids, so no dependent we have. Do I have to fill this form or need to leave it blank?
Leave whatever doesnt apply to you blank or put in N/A ( Not Applicable).

Kind Regards,
Nick