+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A question from experts about ordering Gcsm ???

Is ordering Gcsm notes going to slow down the process?

I remember reading somewhere that emailing the forms instead of mailing them would be a better idea!

Rosey_L

Aug 10, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
AOR Received.
SA: 05-11-2012
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
16-05-2013 [ InProcess.....: 30-06-2013] [Decision Made....: 01-07-2013]
VISA ISSUED...
Visa received: 05-07-2013 [issue date: 28-06-2013]
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
My husband who is sponsoring me is in Canada and I'm here in Manila. Do we have the option to make the payment of the fees online? I went through the guide and as far as I understand, online payment is the preferred method of payment, so I'm assuming that we can pay the fees online. Now, when I tried to process the payment, I'm getting this error: Transaction not approved - Transaction refusée. Anyone who can clarify this for me? Thanks.

amfiprion

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Greece
Visa Office......
Rome
App. Filed.......
31/05/2012
AOR Received.
12/07/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012 -additional documents request 27/09/2012 -sent 11/10/2012
Med's Done....
25/05/2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
12/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/11/2012
LANDED..........
22 Feb 2013
Hi,
I need some help.

My wife (Canadian citizen) is sponsoring me while we both live outside Canada.

When I get my PR visa and I have to enter Canada,

1st do I have to travel together with my wife as we both live outside Canada?

2nd is there any problem if I enter alone Canada and my wife come after 2-3 months (she has a job contract we can't and don't want to break earlier)???? I have place to live and job offer waiting for me so there will be no problem to live the first months.

Thanks for your help and I am sorry if I'm asking something already have been answered.... I haven't find something about my questions yet!

:)

gagan88

Apr 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
case refused :25 march 2012
appealed and received appeal record 40 days on 6th july 2012
they asked for document for my sponsors position in canada on 18 jul 2012
sent docs on 27 jul 2012

now still waiting for the desicion.
do any one knows how long will it take.

EagerFever

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-11
AOR Received.
23-02-12
File Transfer...
24-01-12
Med's Done....
23-10-11
Passport Req..
Fingers Crossed
VISA ISSUED...
Fingers Crossed. Toes Crossed.
LANDED..........
Body Crossed in Anticipation :)
Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Ever since the Buffalo VO closed, we don't know which VO our file went to. I tried contacting Ottawa VO but no reply, it's been over 3 weeks now. I read up later, they only reply if they have the file.

Last week I went to my MPs office to file an investigation - but that's gonna take another 3 weeks for a reply, as I was told. I also filed for GCMS reports in desperation 3 days ago. Considering I didnt know the Updated VO, I put Bufalo.

1. Should I fill another GCMS report for Ottawa (I'm scared after the 30 day wait, I'll have to refile a request for Ottawa - if their policy is not to respond to incorrect VOs)

2. Does the GCMS really take 30 days for email option?

3. Is is normal for MPs to take that long for investigation?

4. Where might the file be. Any ideas?

Thanks so much for all your support and all the best to everyone waiting.

Cheers..
EagerFever

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
@matthew_fitzy :

my boyfriend are in a sort of similar boat. he is australian, I am canadian and we are both living in canada together. He came here on a working holiday visa and has been here a year now and we just sent off our application. we are applying outland through Sydney VO.

when we first started the application, I was unemployed and my bf was working full time. however I got a job 2 months before we applied so I was luckily able to tick the box that said "employed" but from what I have read through this forum and CIC, the sponsor's income does not matter at all as long as the sponsor is not on welfare. It would probably help to include your work info as well as that is what we did. We stated that I was unemployed for a number of months and my boyfriend worked full time supporting us...

maybe if you apply for the working holiday visa before you apply, that way you can send a copy of your visa with the application, proving that you intend to live exclusively in canada, that's what we did.

I think the more info you provide the better, so that they have a real indication of your intentions to be in canada together.

not sure if that helped at all, but nice to hear about someone else in a similar situation :)

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
EagerFever said:
1. Should I fill another GCMS report for Ottawa (I'm scared after the 30 day wait, I'll have to refile a request for Ottawa - if their policy is not to respond to incorrect VOs)

2. Does the GCMS really take 30 days for email option?
1. I can't say this for sure, but I would have thought that your GCMS notes can be accessed regardless of which VO you have entered on the form, since you presumably also included your application number. I don't think it should be necessary to file another request.

2. Yes, my email request took exactly 30 days to be fulfilled and was received only a few days ago, so that is indeed the timescale you're looking at.

I don't know the answers to your other questions unfortunately.

EagerFever

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-11
AOR Received.
23-02-12
File Transfer...
24-01-12
Med's Done....
23-10-11
Passport Req..
Fingers Crossed
VISA ISSUED...
Fingers Crossed. Toes Crossed.
LANDED..........
Body Crossed in Anticipation :)
Thanks so much. Fingers crossed.

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
amfiprion said:
Hi,
I need some help.

My wife (Canadian citizen) is sponsoring me while we both live outside Canada.

When I get my PR visa and I have to enter Canada,

1st do I have to travel together with my wife as we both live outside Canada?

2nd is there any problem if I enter alone Canada and my wife come after 2-3 months (she has a job contract we can't and don't want to break earlier)???? I have place to live and job offer waiting for me so there will be no problem to live the first months.

Thanks for your help and I am sorry if I'm asking something already have been answered.... I haven't find something about my questions yet!

:)
Hi Amfripion

My husband is British, me and our children are Canadian Citizens and all living in England. In my application form, I put down that if my application for husband to immigrate to Canada is successful, then me and our children will go first then my husband to follow (I have put an explanation as to why we planned it this way). I dont think you guys will have problems as you have indicated that you have a job offer and a place to stay (which is a good +). In short - you dont have to travel together as long you both end up in the same place.

Good luck

Richie85

Sep 10, 2012
Hi there all

Im new to this forum thing so I hope Im posting in the right page. So basically I am going to start my common law process come Novemeber. I am getting sponsorship through my boyfriend who is a Canadian citizen and Im just wondering a few things....

Im on a working holiday visa from Ireland and it is my second year visa Im on. It expires in Jan 2013.

So if I apply inland I also apply for a open work visa at the same time right?? But will i still be able to work if I stay with my current employeer on implied satus once my current visa runs out till I recive my open permit?

Then.... once you have this open permit would I be free to travel to other counties and enter back into Canada?

Thanks for reading this
So many people have different answers and situations sometimes its hard to get concrete answers

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Richie85 said:
Hi there all

Im new to this forum thing so I hope Im posting in the right page. So basically I am going to start my common law process come Novemeber. I am getting sponsorship through my boyfriend who is a Canadian citizen and Im just wondering a few things....

Im on a working holiday visa from Ireland and it is my second year visa Im on. It expires in Jan 2013.

So if I apply inland I also apply for a open work visa at the same time right?? But will i still be able to work if I stay with my current employeer on implied satus once my current visa runs out till I recive my open permit?

Then.... once you have this open permit would I be free to travel to other counties and enter back into Canada?

Thanks for reading this
So many people have different answers and situations sometimes its hard to get concrete answers
No - unfortunately you won't have implied status. Working holiday visas cannot be extended. You can stay as a visitor but you won't be allowed to work until your Open Work Permit comes through (at around the 10-11 month mark after your application is submitted).

Since you are from Ireland and visa exempt - you should be able to leave Canada and then return. However there's never a 100% guarantee you will be allowed back in once you leave. This will apply even once you have the open work permit (open work permits aren't re-entry permits). Generally it's advisable not to leave Canada while you have an inland application in progress.

Overall - it would probably make a lot more sense for you to apply outland.

matthew_fitzy

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-03-2013
figgy said:
@ matthew_fitzy :

my boyfriend are in a sort of similar boat. he is australian, I am canadian and we are both living in canada together. He came here on a working holiday visa and has been here a year now and we just sent off our application. we are applying outland through Sydney VO.

when we first started the application, I was unemployed and my bf was working full time. however I got a job 2 months before we applied so I was luckily able to tick the box that said "employed" but from what I have read through this forum and CIC, the sponsor's income does not matter at all as long as the sponsor is not on welfare. It would probably help to include your work info as well as that is what we did. We stated that I was unemployed for a number of months and my boyfriend worked full time supporting us...

maybe if you apply for the working holiday visa before you apply, that way you can send a copy of your visa with the application, proving that you intend to live exclusively in canada, that's what we did.

I think the more info you provide the better, so that they have a real indication of your intentions to be in canada together.

not sure if that helped at all, but nice to hear about someone else in a similar situation :)
I just sent my PR application today to Mississauga, for the outland process through Sydney, Australia. I should know in about 3 weeks about the working holiday...

c_farah

Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
07-10-2013
My little predicament - my wife and I somehow overlooked the fact that she needed fingerprints from the FBI (i don't know how either, but now we're rushing to get them).

From other posts i've noticed that sometimes it can take 2 - 3 months for the FBI to respond.
My question - can / should I apply without the fingerprints, then subsequently send the letter from the FBI? Or should I wait and send it all at once?

Opinions please!

scottandlisag

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O---> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012 <3
c_farah said:
My little predicament - my wife and I somehow overlooked the fact that she needed fingerprints from the FBI (i don't know how either, but now we're rushing to get them).

From other posts i've noticed that sometimes it can take 2 - 3 months for the FBI to respond.
My question - can / should I apply without the fingerprints, then subsequently send the letter from the FBI? Or should I wait and send it all at once?

Opinions please!
We did and so far they haven't asked for them. In the meantime my husband had his fingerprints done at the end of June and we just received the clearence letter last week. We've now sent that onto Ottawa :)

c_farah

Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
07-10-2013
Awesome, thanks!

I didn't really want to sit around with all the paperwork here for 2 months until the FBI responded.