Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
People from India have a problem obtaining a TRV when there is a pending application; this is because the visa office finds it difficult to believe that she will leave Canada at the end of her stay.

Even without a PR application in process, she will have to demonstrate substantial ties to India in order to be given a TRV. Thus, if she has a house/apartment, family, job, etc. these all will help her get a TRV. She will also need to demonstrate financial resources. Ideally, she should show a return ticket.

If you want to be absolutely paranoid, don't apply for PR until after she enters Canada. Then the BSO won't have any additional reason to question her willingness to leave at the end of her visit.

Good luck!

rsysha

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
apr/2011
AOR Received.
aug/2011
Med's Request
sep/2011
Med's Done....
oct/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug,2012
Hi Everyone,

I got my PR a month ago. Me and My girlfriend have been living together more than one year. We are living in Manitoba, which I think the provincial goverment will deem us as common law parterner if we live more than three years. However, I read the policy that we can register as a common-law since living together more than one year. When I filed my PR, we have not declare as common law yet.

My question is can I spouse her now through "Spouse Family" stream? Will there anything to do with my PR status because we did not register as common law prior to becoming PR but living together more than one year.

Any comment is appreciated.

Thanks,

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
rsysha said:
Hi Everyone,

I got my PR a month ago. Me and My girlfriend have been living together more than one year. We are living in Manitoba, which I think the provincial goverment will deem us as common law parterner if we live more than three years. However, I read the policy that we can register as a common-law since living together more than one year. When I filed my PR, we have not declare as common law yet.

My question is can I spouse her now through "Spouse Family" stream? Will there anything to do with my PR status because we did not register as common law prior to becoming PR but living together more than one year.

Any comment is appreciated.

Thanks,
If you are living together in Canada and have been living together for at least a year, then yes you can apply to sponsor her as Common-law :)

rsysha

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
apr/2011
AOR Received.
aug/2011
Med's Request
sep/2011
Med's Done....
oct/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug,2012
parker24 said:
If you are living together in Canada and have been living together for at least a year, then yes you can apply to sponsor her as Common-law :)
Thanks Park 24 for replying me

Just wondering is Common-law deemed by provincial gov or federal gov?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rsysha said:
Is your girlfriend already a Citizen or PR of Canada?

At any rate, the definition is Federal.

the definition of a common-law couple, whether opposite-sex or same-sex, is two people who have been living together in a conjugal relationship for at least one year.
Source: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/isp/common/samecom.shtml

lazycat_husband

Aug 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 July 2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31 Aug 2012
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
04 Sep 2012
Med's Request
receiced 7 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
20 May 2012
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
ASAP
VISA ISSUED...
Hope it will be this year
LANDED..........
right after got PR
Leon said:
She can apply for a tourist visa but it is harder for spouses to get accepted. In any case, you should apply for her through India because it is faster.
Hi Leon,
could you please help me to clear this?

I sent application on July 20 2012
and got AOR 31 Aug 2012
and approval letter 04 Sep 2012.
I has my wife file number, and everything was updated by ecas.
my wife address, and there is some thing in my wife ecas said:
We received my wife name's application for permanent residence on July 20, 2012.

Medical results have been received (update on Sep 07 2012).

Is it a good sign that PPR gonna come soon?
cause I read many case, after get Medical results have been received, then PPR should come around 1 month.
does anyone has this fast process?
:D
Best wishes for everyone.

God Bless Us

tati19

Sep 12, 2012
Hi Leon,

First of all, thanks for your post it's very helpful! I'm an American citizen and just wanted to see if I could come to Canada as a visitor (I know that according to the law I can stay for six months) and then apply for the inland spousal sponsorship (my husband is a Canadian citizen). When I went to the application site it said to only use inland application if I am living in Canada so I was confused if I come in as a visitor am I considered as living in Canada?

Also I am a self-employed management consultant. Does that make a difference at all in the immigration process? I.e. can I still perform consulting services for a company outside of Canada while living/visiting in Canada?

Thanks!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
tati19 said:
Hi Leon,

First of all, thanks for your post it's very helpful! I'm an American citizen and just wanted to see if I could come to Canada as a visitor (I know that according to the law I can stay for six months) and then apply for the inland spousal sponsorship (my husband is a Canadian citizen). When I went to the application site it said to only use inland application if I am living in Canada so I was confused if I come in as a visitor am I considered as living in Canada?

Also I am a self-employed management consultant. Does that make a difference at all in the immigration process? I.e. can I still perform consulting services for a company outside of Canada while living/visiting in Canada?

Thanks!
Since you are American, it's pointless of you to apply inland. Outland is much faster for you, and you can still be in Canada while it's processing :) And you can still work for an American company while in Canada yes.

kimphilby

Sep 13, 2012
Spousal sponsorship

Hi
I am an Indian citizen working in Australia, I am getting married to a Canadian citizen living in Canada. We are registering our marriage in India, and then returning to our respective countires for a while.My wife will be sponsoring me via an "outland" application at the missauga center.
my question, is, for the next step, will the application be sent to the canadian consulate in Delhi (my country of nationality) or to Sydney ? I can see from this forum website it says, that this option will be given to my wife when she sponsors me, but at which stage? I don't see it on the sponsorship forms.

Also, does anyone know if the "Statement in lieu of Certificate of Non-impediment" that Canadian citizens need to register their marriage in India, is available only from the Delhi Canadian consulate ? Can it be obtained from within Canada, if so where? Or is it available at the Chennai consulate? I believe the Calcutta consulate has closed down..

Thanks in advance

vips

Jul 13, 2010
Hi,

I have applied for FSW2 from Delhi,India. 3 days back i have received medical request from CIC. I am getting married this year in the month of October. Please can anyone guide me how can i add my wife in my application. Or is it advisable to get my process done and then apply for Spousal Sponsorship.

Txn,

Reta1

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 FEB 2011
AOR Received.
15 JUNE 2011
Med's Request
28 MAY 2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
23 JULY 2012
VISA ISSUED...
INSHAA'ALLAH SOON IN Nov
LANDED..........
INSHAA'ALLAH IN Nov!!!
Any body got their pp back today??? :(

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
tati19 said:
You can also work with clients inside Canada. Management Consulting is a NAFTA category position. See FW 1 "Temporary Foreign Workers" for details about this, but if you can qualify as a NAFTA professional, you can actually gain temporary worker status fairly easily (this works both ways, Canadians have a similarly easy time gaining temporary status in the US.)

Good luck!

brymas

Aug 25, 2012
hi,

I am sponsoring my wife.. I am just confused which form we need to use..is it IMM 5481 or IMM 1283. By the way my wife has 2 dependents ( 5yrs olds and 3 yrs old. )

thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
brymas said:
I am sponsoring my wife.. I am just confused which form we need to use..is it IMM 5481 or IMM 1283. By the way my wife has 2 dependents ( 5yrs olds and 3 yrs old. )
Both inland and outland spousal ask you to fill out 5481. IMM 1283 is for family class sponsorship OTHER THAN spousal.

Good luck!

pad980

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-10-2011
AOR Received.
30-08-2012 AIP
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
05-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
LANDED..........
21-06-2013
We just recieved a letter from CIC stating that my husband can now apply for an open work visa.
I am filling out the IMM 5710 for to apply for an open work visa however the first question on the application only has 4 choices and I don't know which one to pick since they don't really apply to an open work permit.
The choices are: A work permit with the same employer
A work permit with a new employer
Restoration of temporary resident status as a worker
Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.
I am thinking that I should pick the work permit with a new employer, however when you go down to pg 3 it asked you for the emplyers name and address.
First it asks you what type of work permit you are applying for, which is open work permit. Detail of potenital employer to follow (question #2 on pg.3)
I thought that with an open work visa you don't have to provide that information. He is currently working and holding a work permit with a labour opinion contract but would like to find work closer to home.
My question is, should I just leave out the information about a potential employer or input the current employers information.
Thank you