+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

JAV10

Mar 24, 2012
Hi all,

I need help, I was previously married in Philippines and got divorced here in Canada. Although legally divorced here my ex husband wldnt cooperate n having our marriage annulled in Philippines. I am now legally married since January and wants to sponsor my husband will Canadian Immigration consider the fact that my previous marriage is not nulled yet? although by Canadian law i am divorced and now legally married?

Orpheus1975

Mar 18, 2012
Hi Computer Geek,

Thank you for the detailed and easy to understand reply.
We have already sent off my wife's Canadian police check and are near complete on the rest of the application.
We will be applying Outland.

One more question:

Is it possible for my wife to apply for a working holiday visa? She is 35 and it would be the last year she is eligible.
Once we receive her working holiday visa we would then lodge the spousal application Outland and then enter Canada on the work visa.
Again I'm a Canadian citizen and we have a brand new 7 week old baby to bring with us.

Any information would be fantastic!

Thank you so much Computer geek! It really is appreciated.

Aaron

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Orpheus1975 said:
Is it possible for my wife to apply for a working holiday visa? She is 35 and it would be the last year she is eligible.
Yes, if she qualifies, she can apply.

Also keep in mind that you need to register your child for citizenship, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof-how.asp

Orpheus1975

Mar 18, 2012
Hi Leon,

Many thanks for the reply and link.
She does qualify being a new zealander. But will this in anyway effect a Outland spousal application being lodged after she has the visa?

Thank you so much!

Aaron

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Orpheus1975 said:
She does qualify being a new zealander. But will this in anyway effect a Outland spousal application being lodged after she has the visa?
No, being on a working holiday visa would not affect an outland spousal application.

Frida

Oct 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I apologize in advance for posting this twice :-[ :)

I live in a visa exempt country, my boyfriend is from Quebec. We've been togehter for three years and I've been to Canada twice before and I plan to go there again in May, but this time for 6 months and plan to return back home in October. We are getting married in June and I will apply for my PR outland, spend time with him until October, go back and then wait for the PR visa at home. Last year we made a stupid mistake and thought we can apply as "conjugal" and my medical exam is already done and "in the system", but we're not married yet...
When I will come to the customs I will have a photocopy of my bank account with me just in case, so they will see I have enough money for those 6 months in Canada. But this is my question and my big fear:
I have no bloody idea what is the right thing to say to the officer about my purpose of visit. It' all nice and lovely to say I will be visiting friends and taking time off (like I did twice before). BUT do you think it's possible I'm already in the system because of my medicals and the border officer can see that? What should I do, say? I'm afraid to say I have a Canadian boyfriend as they might get suspicious because I intend to stay there for 6 months and they might have doubts about my return. How do I prove I intend to go back home?
Thanks so much.

calvinh

Mar 25, 2012
bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
AOR Received.
13-01-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
16-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2012
Hello all, I am being sponsored by my wife. Ecas shows my file in process since Jan 13th, 2012. Last week SING VO returned our wedding pictures and wedding card but there was not letter attached stating the reason. I don't know if this is a good sign. Is anyone out there in similar situation ? I will appreciate any feed back :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Frida said:
What should I do, say? I'm afraid to say I have a Canadian boyfriend as they might get suspicious because I intend to stay there for 6 months and they might have doubts about my return. How do I prove I intend to go back home?
They will most likely see in the system that you have a sponsorship application going so you might as well be honest about it. Are you going to buy a flight ticket to back home? It is usually cheaper to buy the return flight at the same time. If yes, then you can show your ticket as a proof of leaving. You can get a flexible ticket that is easy to change if your dates change. If planning that, you could also get a ticket leaving in a month and change it later to 6 months.

So have you updated your conjugal application stating that you realize you may not qualify as conjugal partners but you are going to get married? In that case, they might put your application on hold and let you update the marriage rather than just refusing the application and having you apply again.

Frida

Oct 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon, we haven't applied yet, not even as conjugal partners. We wanted to, but after my medicals were done, my sixth sense told me something is not ok. I signed up on this forum and found out a lot of info, including we're not conjugal. So, only thing in the system are my medicals. But I'm still wondering if that is visible to them. I admit I am a little bit paranoid, I don't want to say the wrong thing and get in any kind of trouble on the border, even though I'm not doing anything wrong... I worry because I will get married there and what if later during the process they say I lied at the border, the purpose of my visit was not visiting friends, but getting married...
I bought a return ticket and I definatelly don't plan overstaying in any case.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Frida said:
I worry because I will get married there and what if later during the process they say I lied at the border, the purpose of my visit was not visiting friends, but getting married...
Then say you have come to visit your boyfriend. They have probably already figured out that you are visiting a lot.

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
23-03-2012 along with RPRF
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012 .... SUBMITTED ON 14TH MAY
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
Leon can you help me by replying me thnxxxx

Hi there
I have question i have applied for spouse visa , as i am permanent resident of france and my wife is canadian we have filed our case in 17th Nov 2011 and we received letter from CIC mississauga that application is approved and your file sent to concerned embassy.... well file received in paris and after few time i got email from embassy in which they have mentioned my Ecas number status is MEDICAL RECEIVED and on 13 march 2012 i received email from embassy saying
Dear Applicant:
We are pleased to advise you that the processing of the above application has well progressed.
and then next day 14th march i receive email saying

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2011/11/17

and then i received other email saying
Dear Applicant:
We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is nearly complete.

and in all that status is same MEDICAL RECEIVED and yesterday i got email from them saying
Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order to allow us to further pursue your application please provide the following information and/or documents and elements within the next 30 days while adding a copy of this message to your correspondence

As we have paid fees and send copy to CIC mississauga and one copy to canadian embassy Paris now i want to ask what are the chances to get the spouse visa after all this as in november they have issued me visa for 4 years to visit my wife as we were expecting baby

Looking forward for reply

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parisien said:
As we have paid fees and send copy to CIC mississauga and one copy to canadian embassy Paris now i want to ask what are the chances to get the spouse visa after all this as in november they have issued me visa for 4 years to visit my wife as we were expecting baby
If they say it is nearly complete, I would think that is rather a good sign. Just keep sending them whatever they ask for when they ask for it. Hopefully you will have your visa sooner rather than later. If you look at the processing time in Paris, see here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#europe you see they say 8 months. That means 80% of cases completed by 8 months which means most cases are faster than that.

Orpheus1975

Mar 18, 2012
Leon said:
No, being on a working holiday visa would not affect an outland spousal application.
Thanks again Leon,

Do you foresee any issue with the working holiday visa if my wife has also taken my last name? She just got a new passport with her new married name. When she applys for the WHV it will be with the new name.
Just trying to think ahead when we enter Canada With the WHV would that seem strange to them? Would we then tell them at the border that we have applied Outland?

Thank you so much!

aaron