Spousal sponsorship

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KOUKLA75 said:
By the way, stupid questions:

#1 I am the sponsor OK, I mail in the Sponsorship etc. I GET replies by mail? If yes(say I'm In Canada) the PR docs get sent to whom and where? HE needs them to come so... ::)couldn't be to me :-[

#2 If we start Outland here, and I leave, when I apply to I fill with Canada address or Greece? OR can it be changed? :-\

***(told you they were stupid questions :p)
1. You mail in all the forms in one package like it says in your instructions at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp They may contact you by mail or they may contact him. If you happen to get documents he needs or vice versa, you can mail them do each other.

2. Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp and look on the right side in the section where it says: "I Need To ..." There is a link for "Change address" there.

K

KOUKLA75

canadiancitizen :-X I'm so glad to hear that! ;D

But because many others have said the :'( opposite, I'm afraid of risking getting everything together us paying for airline tickets him getting a Visa and then customs says Goodbye u must leave to him

Is there any info regarding this in writing SOMEWHERE?

Pls tell me how u did ur application(u said u paid the fees before) if u did Outland from wherever you were u added ur Canadian address as residence?

I never thought I'd ever be so stressed as I am today- I don't know what to do anymore ..choices choices.. :'( :'( :'(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KOUKLA75 said:
Ok, I just re-read your post, and I've almost switched my mind again, where did u get this info? Missmini and others have been telling me that if they know at customs - :p , they will suspect we'll apply for PR and he will be refused... ??? which is right? As you know I'd rather do it Inland from Canada with him there, even if it takes longer, but how do I know that even with a Visa he won't get refused once at the airport?

You're telling me a total different thing now and that changes everything as far as Inland or Outland go. If I KNOW that if his Visa is accepted(tourist) it means he WON'T get refused at Canada customs then I WILL do it that way, but I need to know... ???
Nobody is guaranteed to get in even with a visa but I think it is unlikely that he will be refused if his visa was approved, especially if you are telling the truth. If you lie to get the visa and then are nervous as you enter, they may suspect that you are hiding something and if they start asking questions and are not happy with your answers or if you admit that you lied on his visa application, that in itself could cause his entry to get refused.

If you want to be sure, message the user called PMM. He knows a lot more than I do but he is not on this thread a lot.

K

KOUKLA75

Leon Merci Beaucoup :-* I msgd PMM so I will wait for him/her.

I'll try and see if I can find anything in writing online anywhere of the process(if this is a generally acceptable way of getting into Canada-Mtl and proceeding with PR) I you have anything pls let me know.

And again THANKS MUCH :-*

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
KOUKLA75 said:
canadiancitizen :-X I'm so glad to hear that! ;D

But because many others have said the :'( opposite, I'm afraid of risking getting everything together us paying for airline tickets him getting a Visa and then customs says Goodbye u must leave to him Is there any info regarding this in writing SOMEWHERE?

Pls tell me how u did ur application(u said u paid the fees before) if u did Outland from wherever you were u added ur Canadian address as residence? My application is INLAND, and paid online while waiting for my flight to Canada.

I never thought I'd ever be so stressed as I am today- I don't know what to do anymore ..choices choices.. :'( :'( :'(
But because many others have said the :'( opposite, I'm afraid of risking getting everything together us paying for airline tickets him getting a Visa and then customs says Goodbye u must leave to him

Custom cannot say Goodbye if he or you have proper travelling papers, if you enter Canada married, he cannot tell him to go away... the law allows canadian to marry foreigners, the only thing that could be different from me, is if the Officer send you to immigration (in the airport) then I suggest you to carry with you : marriage certificate, birth certificate, all the main required documentation. Iif I was you, I would start filling an Inland application and carry it with you in the event they send you to immigration... like we did.

As a Canadian citizen, Im entitle to get married, and I had 2 choices, Outland or Inland... Outland from his country takes almost 2 years, INlanda takes 13 to 16 months sowe decided to do it INLAND. He already had a visitor VISA so, it was simple and transparent... do not lie...thats all I could say.

K

KOUKLA75

canadiancitizen, were not married, as I've said before he's my BF and we have been living together for well over 1yr.

So what now? I file and Outland or Inland from Greece(Italy) we try to get a Visa and if he gets it we leave?

Help.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
KOUKLA75 said:
canadiancitizen, were not married, as I've said before he's my BF and we have been living together for well over 1yr.

So what now? I file and Outland or Inland from Greece(Italy) we try to get a Visa and if he gets it we leave?

Help.
Oh I see... I dont see where is the problem, if he holds a visitor visa, he arrives here as a visitor, they will ask him what is the purspose of his visit, he tells the truth (the same one he used to get his visa) then he wont get refuse. Now, once here, you can proceed with the application, however... this needs to be done within his visa term, and for common -law you should ask PMM or read some other threads... cause this is a very sensitive area, you might be accused of dual intent... and that may cause problems such as deportation.. you need to inform yourself about this well.

O

ojaboo

Leon the guru. That's hilarious.
Ok so Leon!(or anyone else, who may know)I gotta question....,
Ok my dude (aka husband) has an interview @ the Canadian embassy in Cairo, alright?! So the email says bring all this stuff original copies of marriage certificates, photos, bills, western unions, chats, whatever...
anyway we sent ALL of that already & them some. So well the only thing I'm tripping out about is the originals and translations of certificates. I mean pictures & emails r easy to print off. But running around translating things & getting stamps 10000 places around Cairo with a few days is borderline impossible. Plus it's already sent. BUT our files was processed OPP (ya u know me) lol (I'm hilarious now) anyway seriously.... Should we (as in he) even attempt to get it done. Or it will be cool cus they (immigration) already has all of that stuff?

Thanks

L

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CharlieD10 said:
1. Yes, you may go ahead.
2. Yes, submit the additional proof of re-settlement before they ask you for it.
thanks a lot

Okay , just one more question , I know the address to send the RPRF payment slip, should I email a copy to Ankara as well?

and for the second part, where should I send the proof of re-settlements ?

thanks again

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
mehdiR said:
thanks a lot

Okay , just one more question , I know the address to send the RPRF payment slip, should I email a copy to Ankara as well?

and for the second part, where should I send the proof of re-settlements ?

thanks again
Yes, send a copy to Ankara as well. Send the proofs of re-settlement to Ankara.

elletab

Mar 7, 2012
Hi everyone! i have some queries regarding sponsoring my husband with my situation.

First, before i received my PR approval i was married with my husband now but due to legalities i filed for an annulment and was approved before my PR arrived. therefore i've never changed my status as Single since the marriage was declared null and void.

i entered Canada as single but then i was 2 mos. pregnant. and my husband applied for a visit visa and was approved. he came here last Oct. 2011 and we finally got married again the 2nd time. but now im pretty sure that its all legal and im planing now to sponsor him.

my question now are....

1. is our situation before will have an effect in my plans to sponsor my husband?

2. im going to deliver our baby anytime now and he's coming back again on a visit visa to be with me on my delivery. i am planning to submitt now my sponsorship application for him. but since he is in a visit visa he willbe staying only for a month. therefore, Can we go out of the country to spend my maternity leave with him while waiting for the decision of the sponsorship of my husband? sinve i dont have anyone to help or support me in taking are of our baby.

hope you can help me with this! thank you soo mch! any suggestions please on what should i do!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ojaboo said:
So well the only thing I'm tripping out about is the originals and translations of certificates. I mean pictures & emails r easy to print off. But running around translating things & getting stamps 10000 places around Cairo with a few days is borderline impossible. Plus it's already sent. BUT our files was processed OPP (ya u know me) lol (I'm hilarious now) anyway seriously.... Should we (as in he) even attempt to get it done. Or it will be cool cus they (immigration) already has all of that stuff?
Check off on the list everything you know for sure they already have and bring anything they might not yet have. If they already have it, there is no point in bringing another copy.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
elletab said:
Hi everyone! i have some queries regarding sponsoring my husband with my situation.

First, before i received my PR approval i was married with my husband now but due to legalities i filed for an annulment and was approved before my PR arrived. therefore i've never changed my status as Single since the marriage was declared null and void.

i entered Canada as single but then i was 2 mos. pregnant. and my husband applied for a visit visa and was approved. he came here last Oct. 2011 and we finally got married again the 2nd time. but now im pretty sure that its all legal and im planing now to sponsor him.

my question now are....

1. is our situation before will have an effect in my plans to sponsor my husband?

2. im going to deliver our baby anytime now and he's coming back again on a visit visa to be with me on my delivery. i am planning to submitt now my sponsorship application for him. but since he is in a visit visa he willbe staying only for a month. therefore, Can we go out of the country to spend my maternity leave with him while waiting for the decision of the sponsorship of my husband? sinve i dont have anyone to help or support me in taking are of our baby.

hope you can help me with this! thank you soo mch! any suggestions please on what should i do!
Did you declare the annulled marriage on your PR application?

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Leon Thanks for all your help.

I sponsored my husband from Bangladesh. We submitted our application on October27,2011 and got accepted on February 7,2012. When will I know if Singapore got my file or not? CIC updates shows only one change in his section after Feb 7,2012 is " We have been received you medical". Singapore did not contact me or my husband. Do we get any letter from Singapore about receiving our file or not? What is the next step actually?

Thanks again
Shaheenaz