+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KOUKLA75 said:
Well...in 2003 when my then BF came along w/ me to Canada, at customs they asked purpose of this visit and he said tourist, they did not note anything we just passed. Then we started applying and he renewed Visa and all, we were waiting we had given pics etc for proof of relationship. Also lots of ppl here used that method as u can see replies in my posts and others, that is the way most ppl chose for inland. ::)
But your last BF was Greek and did not need to apply for a visa. People who are visa exempt pretty much walk in and out but this time, the visit visa application will be in writing and they can look it up later. If they ask you or him later why you lied on the visit visa application, what do you plan to tell them?

KOUKLA75 said:
For the Visa, yes he is Albanian, like I said the Rome- Canada site is not to thorough, and I can't afford mistakes.
So what are your specific questions then? Have you started filling out the application form?

KOUKLA75 said:
Ok,say, I did outland, and he does remain back awaiting everyone says its faster, how faster is faster? :-X My main concern is not inland or outland, it's whether he does not stay back alone. If he does Outland as I read, he still needs a Visa to visit me there- right? and if he stays there AFTER with the Visa, what are the chances that he will be called back in Europe/ Greece/ Albania for an interview?
You can apply for the visit visa first and once you are in Canada, you decide whether to apply inland or outland. There are pros and cons, see the first post on this thread. Nobody can tell you what the odds of getting called for an interview are. If he were called for an interview, it would be in Rome.

K

KOUKLA75

Leon pls check my last reply b4 yours, I wrote twice :p I thought of smt else

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KOUKLA75 said:
Leon pls check my last reply b4 yours, I wrote twice :p I thought of smt else
Yes, I saw that. If you do that, you are not exactly lying but still being deceptive. So are you planning on telling them that he is going to visit a friend? Or going with Greek wife to visit a friend or family?

K

KOUKLA75

I have no idea yet how/when and what, I'm looking for the surest way, you mean, he can go there before me huh ::) that way the info on the visa as spouse - Greek citizenship will not seem deceiving-I'll stay back and leave later? Is that an option

OR

If he stays back I leave get settled and BEGIN Sponsorship, once sponsorship sent is he able to come -easier?

I am so so confused :-X

RM15

Mar 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 November 2012
AOR Received.
23 January 2013
File Transfer...
29 January 2013
Med's Request
07 November 2013
Med's Done....
15 August 2012; re-med 08 November 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 2014
LANDED..........
06 February 2014
Hello Leon, I'll be submitting my sponsorship for my husband soon. However, my sponsorship for my mom is also on-going. Would that present a conflict for me as a sponsor?? I'm just worried about it as I was just filling in the application form for my husband's sponsorship and there is a question under Sponsor Eligibility Assessment stating:" Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members?". Your response would be greatly appreciated.

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Leon.

Just some questions about my Inland Spouse Sponsorship Application.

1. Hypothetical example: I sent my PR application to CPC on Jan. 1, 2012, when will CPC send an acknowlegement letter to me or to my sponsor? How long do we need to wait?

2. When will I be able to access online ECAS inquiry?

I feel so frustrated because everytime I call visa call center, the agent just says "wait for 11-12 months for Stage 1 processing".

3. Hypothetical example. If I do medicals on Jan. 1, 2012, how many weeks or months does it take for results to reach Ottawa office of doctors of CPC?

Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KOUKLA75 said:
If he stays back I leave get settled and BEGIN Sponsorship, once sponsorship sent is he able to come -easier?
He still has to prove that he is only coming to visit and will leave again. Without a job where he now lives, they will probably consider him a risk to overstay. However, you can't know if he will get a visit visa unless you try it. Sure he might have a better chance with a Greek wife and if he says he is visiting friends but you might have trouble with immigration later when it comes out that he lied or deceived to get his visit visa.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RM15 said:
Hello Leon, I'll be submitting my sponsorship for my husband soon. However, my sponsorship for my mom is also on-going. Would that present a conflict for me as a sponsor??
As far as I know, you can sponsor both at the same time. They may be asking to make sure you meet the income requirements.

K

KOUKLA75

I couldn't be more confused as to what to do :'( :'( :'(

My options are: PLEASE tell me if they are correct-

1. He gets a Visa, we travel together say the truth(were common-law) we do Inland : HE MAY OR MAY NOT PASS CUSTOMS RIGHT?

2. I leave, I start OUTLAND from Canada(that is possible right?) and he gets PR and comes : our relationship IS genuine etc- FROM WHAT I GATHER IF ALL IS DONE CORRECTLY 10-12MTHS HE IS THERE RIGHT?

3. I thought...we start Outland from Greece, and since I don't plan to leave YET, when I'm ready I go to Canada and WAIT for him to get the PR? IS THAT FEASIBLE?

I've been reading again all day and ouf I can't figure it out and I have a massss headache ??? ???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KOUKLA75 said:
1. He gets a Visa, we travel together say the truth(were common-law) we do Inland : HE MAY OR MAY NOT PASS CUSTOMS RIGHT?
If you tell the truth when you apply for his visit visa in the first place and you get the visa, it is unlikely that he would be denied entry at the airport. If you lie to get the visa and then tell the truth at the airport, who knows what they will do. If you lie to get the visa and lie at the airport, then you may have problems during your sponsorship.

KOUKLA75 said:
2. I leave, I start OUTLAND from Canada(that is possible right?) and he gets PR and comes : our relationship IS genuine etc- FROM WHAT I GATHER IF ALL IS DONE CORRECTLY 10-12MTHS HE IS THERE RIGHT?
If you look at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp you see Mississauga for outland is 55 days and after that, click on country and look for Italy, 11 months but that is the time 80% of cases are done by so the average should be less, maybe 7-8 months so he could have his PR by 9-10 months. Could also happen faster or slower. You can look at actual timelines at trackitt.com

KOUKLA75 said:
3. I thought...we start Outland from Greece, and since I don't plan to leave YET, when I'm ready I go to Canada and WAIT for him to get the PR? IS THAT FEASIBLE?
Yes, you could do that. You could actually stay in Greece until he gets his PR visa if you want to but I thought you are unemployed and need money, hence you wanted to leave asap?

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Leon said:
If you tell the truth when you apply for his visit visa in the first place and you get the visa, it is unlikely that he would be denied entry at the airport. If you lie to get the visa and then tell the truth at the airport, who knows what they will do. If you lie to get the visa and lie at the airport, then you may have problems during your sponsorship.

If you look at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp you see Mississauga for outland is 55 days and after that, click on country and look for Italy, 11 months but that is the time 80% of cases are done by so the average should be less, maybe 7-8 months so he could have his PR by 9-10 months. Could also happen faster or slower. You can look at actual timelines at trackitt.com

Yes, you could do that. You could actually stay in Greece until he gets his PR visa if you want to but I thought you are unemployed and need money, hence you wanted to leave asap?
Hi Leon! Any idea how long will I get the landing interview schedule ? I was DM since Feb 16 and I have payed my PR fee and photo requirements in CIC MONTREAL where I'am residing but until now no letter or reply from them when would i have the interview date. Is it really take long time ? Thank you

K

KOUKLA75

Well Leon, yes, I am, lol and am looking for a job. I'd like to leave with some cash, cos after reading ALL these documents for Immigration I don't know HOW on earth I will manage myself without making mistakes and I was thinking of getting a lawyer (is this silly? ??? ) So if I have some $$$ when I get there, maybe do Outland FROM Canada with some help to make sure all is OK.

And because he has no relatives in Greece, but only Albania and Italy--Rome , if I leave he goes back to either. (same office in Rome is for all 3 countries so)

By the way, stupid questions:

#1 I am the sponsor OK, I mail in the Sponsorship etc. I GET replies by mail? If yes(say I'm In Canada) the PR docs get sent to whom and where? HE needs them to come so... ::)couldn't be to me :-[

#2 If we start Outland here, and I leave, when I apply to I fill with Canada address or Greece? OR can it be changed? :-\

***(told you they were stupid questions :p)

EDIT: I had sent an e-mail to an Immigration Lawyer in Mtl a few min ago (he sure replied fast) 3K for the Application hahahhaha aI'm dying! :-X :-X :-X :-X

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PUZZLED said:
Hi Leon! Any idea how long will I get the landing interview schedule ? I was DM since Feb 16 and I have payed my PR fee and photo requirements in CIC MONTREAL where I'am residing but until now no letter or reply from them when would i have the interview date. Is it really take long time ? Thank you
Go to the CIC office in Montreal and ask them how long you can expect to wait. I do not know.

K

KOUKLA75

Leon said:
If you tell the truth when you apply for his visit visa in the first place and you get the visa, it is unlikely that he would be denied entry at the airport.
Ok, I just re-read your post, and I've almost switched my mind again, where did u get this info? Missmini and others have been telling me that if they know at customs - :p , they will suspect we'll apply for PR and he will be refused... ??? which is right? As you know I'd rather do it Inland from Canada with him there, even if it takes longer, but how do I know that even with a Visa he won't get refused once at the airport?

You're telling me a total different thing now and that changes everything as far as Inland or Outland go. If I KNOW that if his Visa is accepted(tourist) it means he WON'T get refused at Canada customs then I WILL do it that way, but I need to know... ???

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
KOUKLA75 said:
Ok, I just re-read your post, and I've almost switched my mind again, where did u get this info? Missmini and others have been telling me that if they know at customs - :p , they will suspect we'll apply for PR and he will be refused... ??? which is right? As you know I'd rather do it Inland from Canada with him there, even if it takes longer, but how do I know that even with a Visa he won't get refused once at the airport?

You're telling me a total different thing now and that changes everything as far as Inland or Outland go. If I KNOW that if his Visa is accepted(tourist) it means he WON'T get refused at Canada customs then I WILL do it that way, but I need to know... ???
Hi.... I entered Canada (Im canadian) with my husband (Applicant)... the customer officer asked me what was the purspose of my trip... I told them the truth: I went to marry this man... The officer congratulated him and me as well, stamp his passport and wish us a nice honeymoon and he added " I assume you will start the PR process inland right?... we had paid the fees before travelling, maybe the system showed that... we answered YES... he said bye.. and I asked him... dont we have to pass by immigration now? he said GO HOME, sir Welcome to Canada... we did not lied, and my husband had a multi entry visitor visa... follow Leon's advise he is the Guru :)