Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
olags said:
Dear Leon,

How long is the required minimum duration of stay in Canada for a resident so he can sponsor his wife? Can he sponsor his wife if he is currently unemployed?

Thanks in advance.
You don't have to be employed to sponsor your wife. However you cannot be on social assistance or bankrupt.

There is no minimum duration a resident must stay in Canada before he can sponsor his wife. However if you are a permanent resident (rather than a citizen), you must be living in Canada when you submit the application and you must continue living in Canada while the application is being processed and until it is finalized. If you are a Canadian citizen, then you can sponsor your wife while living outside of Canada provided you can supply proof that you will return to Canada to live here once her PR has been approved.

SEVEN07

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Caracas
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas-Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2011
AOR Received.
NOV 2011
File Transfer...
JAN 2012
Med's Done....
JUL 2011-JUL 2012
Passport Req..
NOV 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DEC 2012
Hi How i can know that effectly my application arrived to my country...
We received a letter about accepting my sponsor! but in the CIC page not info about if the application arrive or its in process...How was your?
Thanks

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
SEVEN07 said:
Hi How i can know that effectly my application arrived to my country...
We received a letter about accepting my sponsor! but in the CIC page not info about if the application arrive or its in process...How was your?
Thanks
It takes about 10-14 days for the files to get to the visa offices. They are not going to sit on it once they are done with the sponsor, so having been approved as a sponsor, assume your application is on its way. When the visa office gets around to it, you will likely see your eCAS change to "application received" and it will tell you the date it was received.

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
gricelanora said:
maybe i didn't explain myself correctly..... all the police clearance have to be drop to the PGR in mexico before they are drop off to the canadian embassy n the PGR refuse to take them because my husband doesn't have a military card from mexico. i guess i just need to know what to do next seens my application is in process
Leon, what she means is we were asked for the Federal police check to be completed which in Mexico is called "Constancia De dato registrales" and one of the requirements in order to obtain the federal police check (a change within the last month or so) is a military card which takes up to 2 years to receive. So we are unable to obtain this document for our application. Do you know if there is any other way around this as there are lots of us in the same position. or do you know how long canada will extend or put our application on hold for until we can get this document as this change was totally unexpected.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itscoezy said:
Leon, what she means is we were asked for the Federal police check to be completed which in Mexico is called "Constancia De dato registrales" and one of the requirements in order to obtain the federal police check (a change within the last month or so) is a military card which takes up to 2 years to receive. So we are unable to obtain this document for our application. Do you know if there is any other way around this as there are lots of us in the same position. or do you know how long canada will extend or put our application on hold for until we can get this document as this change was totally unexpected.
So you have a pcc but it needs to be stamped officially or something like that? I think you should try to send a letter to the visa office explaining the whole thing and how many people are in the same situation and wait for what they say. What you could also do is for the one of you who is in Canada (or ask relatives in Canada if neither of you are there) to go to their MP, explain the situation for them and request that they try to find a solution for this problem.

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
Leon said:
So you have a pcc but it needs to be stamped officially or something like that? I think you should try to send a letter to the visa office explaining the whole thing and how many people are in the same situation and wait for what they say. What you could also do is for the one of you who is in Canada (or ask relatives in Canada if neither of you are there) to go to their MP, explain the situation for them and request that they try to find a solution for this problem.
Thanks Leon for your reply! I'm not exactly sure what she has (I'm not at that point right yet) I'm going to check into the MP though. :)
Thanks so much

Josephs

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 October 2011
AOR Received.
18 January 2012
File Transfer...
04 January 2012
Med's Done....
27 February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Josephs said:
What's MP?
Member of Parliament. Canada has one man constituencies like the UK so there is one MP assigned to the neighbourhood where you live. Sometimes they can push things with immigration a bit.

K

KOUKLA75

Hi again Leon, :p

I don't want to state at border (if we get the Visa :-X ) that he is my BF, isn't it better a family friend visiting?

Leon another question, are u an immigration employee ? ;D :p U seem to know everything, I'm having trouble getting the exact complete info for Visas for Albanians on the Rome site, I emailed them so many times and I get a reply that they can't reply to individual emails, yet they reply saying that... :-[

I'm still wondering on the Financial issue of the Sponsorship, say we pass(he passes-with Visa if we figure it out), someone added on my other Forum post/same subject that Quebec has an exemption and u don't have to show financial records or smt like that, would that mean I can get a letter from my father stating he will support us(we will be staying with him) and I do plan to get a job anyhow but knowing that applies helps.

Any help would be appreciated :eek: :-*

Kathy

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KOUKLA75 said:
I don't want to state at border (if we get the Visa :-X ) that he is my BF, isn't it better a family friend visiting?
And then you have to explain later when you sponsor him that you lied on his visit visa application because he is not actually just a family friend visiting, he is your common law partner whom you have lived with for 3 years.

KOUKLA75 said:
Leon another question, are u an immigration employee ? ;D :p U seem to know everything, I'm having trouble getting the exact complete info for Visas for Albanians on the Rome site, I emailed them so many times and I get a reply that they can't reply to individual emails, yet they reply saying that... :-[
I don't work for immigration. It is just a hobby. I came in here originally with a question and realized I could actually answer a lot of the questions so I stuck around. If you hang around here, you gather knowledge from other peoples replies and experiences. I soak it up and pass it on. I definitely don't know everything. What is the info you need specifically for Albanians? Can you not fill out the application form and send it in?

KOUKLA75 said:
I'm still wondering on the Financial issue of the Sponsorship, say we pass(he passes-with Visa if we figure it out), someone added on my other Forum post/same subject that Quebec has an exemption and u don't have to show financial records or smt like that, would that mean I can get a letter from my father stating he will support us(we will be staying with him) and I do plan to get a job anyhow but knowing that applies helps.
I don't know the specifics for Quebec but as for spousal sponsorship, it is you signing up to keep him off welfare for 3 years so it is you who would be held responsible for that, not your dad. You can get a letter from your dad, maybe it would help but better if you show that you are making some money yourself.

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone

NEED AN ADVICE FROM EXPERTS PLEASE

My agent didn't let me know that I should pay RPRF fee upfront, also reading throughout the forum I understand that I need to show my intentions of moving back to canada by presenting job offer, lease agreement, ...

(received approval 2 weeks ago, file transferred to Ankara)

1- Is it okay to pay RPRF online now before they ask ? ( prevent the 2 month delay)
2- Is it okay to send the job offer and lease agreement now ?

I 've lived the last 5 years out of canada, got married in 2008 .

all the best

K

KOUKLA75

Hi Leon & thx!

Well...in 2003 when my then BF came along w/ me to Canada, at customs they asked purpose of this visit and he said tourist, they did not note anything we just passed. Then we started applying and he renewed Visa and all, we were waiting we had given pics etc for proof of relationship. Also lots of ppl here used that method as u can see replies in my posts and others, that is the way most ppl chose for inland. ::)

For the Visa, yes he is Albanian, like I said the Rome- Canada site is not to thorough, and I can't afford mistakes.

Ok,say, I did outland, and he does remain back awaiting everyone says its faster, how faster is faster? :-X My main concern is not inland or outland, it's whether he does not stay back alone. If he does Outland as I read, he still needs a Visa to visit me there- right? and if he stays there AFTER with the Visa, what are the chances that he will be called back in Europe/ Greece/ Albania for an interview?

oouf...merci again for ur patience! :-*

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
mehdiR said:
hi everyone

NEED AN ADVICE FROM EXPERTS PLEASE

My agent didn't let me know that I should pay RPRF fee upfront, also reading throughout the forum I understand that I need to show my intentions of moving back to canada by presenting job offer, lease agreement, ...

(received approval 2 weeks ago, file transferred to Ankara)

1- Is it okay to pay RPRF online now before they ask ? ( prevent the 2 month delay)
2- Is it okay to send the job offer and lease agreement now ?

I 've lived the last 5 years out of canada, got married in 2008 .

all the best
1. Yes, you may go ahead.
2. Yes, submit the additional proof of re-settlement before they ask you for it.

K

KOUKLA75

Hey Leon- I JUST thought of smt :p I posted this to missmini in my thread(same subject) and I want ur opinion... ::) ;D

I thought of another thing, I have both citizenships, Greek and Canadian, since the Visa will be applied to in Europe, and if he has to add his common law spouse on it, my citizenship can be "Greek" as IT IS (and my name differs in Greek too lol)

Josephs

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 October 2011
AOR Received.
18 January 2012
File Transfer...
04 January 2012
Med's Done....
27 February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
Leon said:
Member of Parliament. Canada has one man constituencies like the UK so there is one MP assigned to the neighbourhood where you live. Sometimes they can push things with immigration a bit.
Thanks Leon.