+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

aipm487

Oct 18, 2017
Outland Spouse Application
I am from Philippines while my husband is now in Canada. We got married April 2017 He passed the application through mail and sent it to Missassauga office. Here’s our timeline:
Aug 17- VO received the application in missassauga
Sept 27- They requested me to link the application online
Sept 29- sponsor eligibility accepted
Oct 3 - Received Police clearance request and schedule A form online
Oct 4- I received the Medical request letter
Oct 6- Uploaded my police clearance from Philippines and Schedule A form but I had to write an excuse letter for the delay of my Police clearance from Japanese embassy (where I have PR visa) and attached a proof
Oct17-done with my medical exam and vaccine for immunization. Results seem normal but I think VO will receive it 2-3 working days.

I don’t have any idea what will be the next steps after this but I hope the rest of the requirements will be sent to me soon! Do you guys think there will be an interview? I asked my mom in law she said when she sponsored his husband year 2012 or 2013 there were no interviews for spouse visa?

Last edited:

mikemac16

May 19, 2017
Hello, I have a question. My wife received her Police Cert this afternoon. She's from Cuba. I know it has to be translated but CIC wants it by Oct 21. Can I scan it now, upload it and then upload the translated Cert with an explanation?

Lonelywyf

Oct 15, 2017
I need help. I am sponsoring my husband from Ethiopia, he is a Kenyan we applied June of 2016. His medical expired last May. No update on GCKey No new medical request, we sent them several emails, my local MP even got in touch with them regarding our case, all response are the same " in process/ under active officer review."

We re beyond frustrated and feel helpless. I don't know what is going on. We have been married for 5 yes and have a 2yr ol together
Is anyone in a similar situation?.

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hello, I have a question. My wife received her Police Cert this afternoon. She's from Cuba. I know it has to be translated but CIC wants it by Oct 21. Can I scan it now, upload it and then upload the translated Cert with an explanation?
Yes, you should upload the existing certificate without a translation and add a note where you explain that you are still waiting for the translation and will add it as soon as you get all done.

Jheenie0808

Oct 19, 2017
Hi im new here! We submitted our application last august 17, 2017 my husband is Canadian. Im honestly clueless about the steps of the process.. any info about the flow of the application.. di pa kami nakakareceive ng update about the application and we hired someone to process it for us..

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hi im new here! We submitted our application last august 17, 2017 my husband is Canadian. Im honestly clueless about the steps of the process.. any info about the flow of the application.. di pa kami nakakareceive ng update about the application and we hired someone to process it for us..
If you have a representative, then he/she will get all the correspondence from the immigration office in Mississauga and then from your local VO. And then share it with you.
It will be:
AOR1 - notifying that they received your file (checked that all docs are there and they don't need to return it to you)
Request for Police Clearance (PPC) and Schedule A (background info form) as well as Medical request.
Sponsor Approval
Transferring file to visa office (VO)
Then wait for long time (around 6 months or more or less) for passport request.

Reactions: rfrancisco_0113

Jheenie0808

Oct 19, 2017
Thanks a lot for the quick reply if im not mistaken they have change the time frame of the this process maximum of 1 year.. is that right? And is there any way that they can deny you because of medical reason.. coz i saw on cic website that there is an exemption if your under a family class sponsorship if you are the spouse or child of the sponsor though u still have to go through medical but wont matter regardless of result..am i right? Please do correct me if this is not right.. this is just based on my understanding from cic site..

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Thanks a lot for the quick reply if im not mistaken they have change the time frame of the this process maximum of 1 year.. is that right? And is there any way that they can deny you because of medical reason.. coz i saw on cic website that there is an exemption if your under a family class sponsorship if you are the spouse or child of the sponsor though u still have to go through medical but wont matter regardless of result..am i right? Please do correct me if this is not right.. this is just based on my understanding from cic site..
Yes, officially it says that 80% of cases will be processed withing 1 year. But it appears to be a bit quicker usually.
According to the medical, they mostly don't want to see people with some scary contagious diseases like TB, HIV and syphilis.

Jheenie0808

Oct 19, 2017
Yes exactly.. thats what i saw on their site..
It says Excessive demand on Canadian health care or social services

This provision is not applicable on a convention refugee or a spouse and a child of a sponsor. The spouse or a child of an inadmissible person is also exempt from this provision.

Hopefully ours will be quick as well though the medical condition doesnt really apply to me i just got curious about it..

azam4022

Oct 19, 2017
Hello,

Hope everyone is good. I am new to this forum and i need your help. I am a Permanent Resident and want to sponsor my wife for Immigration. She is in India. I want to know the process and the documents required . Please help me out. waiting for your reply

Thank you.

chohvally

Nov 7, 2014
Hi all,
I am a November 2016 Candidate. They requested Medical in December 15th. I haven't heard anything back since then.
Cant get ECAS because i used a representative. Just ordered GCMS note.

Any Advice?

Anyone here being processed in DAKAR, Senegal?

Last edited:

Jack sal

Oct 16, 2017
i am now preparing my Wife sponsorship application i'm living in Quebec wish me luck and wish us to get together fast as we are tired from long term distance relationship.

Reactions: aipm487

Jack sal

Oct 16, 2017
hi all
i wish can somebody help me with this question about the above subject

me and my girlfriend have 7 years together and we have an engagement ceremony before 2 years with all the family arround 150 persons and we now get married civil marriage in New York USA and i am preparing my papers to sponsor her to come to me to canada as we are really tired from distance relationship and we have a llloooooottt of common documenta(tickets, social media, photos together)

can anyone tell me if i SHOULD register this marriage in lebanon and get the civil status changed or it didn't affect my application if i just provide my legal marriage in New York without registering the marriage in lebanon??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.