+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Hello! Have anyone who sent the application around August 20th-25th of 2017 have gotten AOR yet? Last week I read of people from August 17th, but nothing much since then. I'm still waiting for it. My application was received on August 23rd.

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Hello! Have anyone who sent the application around August 20th-25th of 2017 have gotten AOR yet? Last week I read of people from August 17th, but nothing much since then. I'm still waiting for it. My application was received on August 23rd.
Do you wanna try to call CIC to make sure for your Aor? 18882422100

Reactions: Haire Gabriela

Ritu1414

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Anyone could say,
(1)Did IRCC receive my IMM5669 form!
(2)Should I need to submit PCC hard copy as IRCC asking to upload this time only PCC color scan copy & mentioned if require hard copy they will ask! if yes then pls help me by providing mail address.
(3)How long time IRCC will take to process my spouse file!
Below is my status:
I have applied for my spouse & got update accordingly:
Application sent:29th March 2017;
Application received by IRCC:04th April 2017;
Received Letter from IRCC:14May 2017;
Received Letter from IRCC for Principal Applicant to submit IMM5669 form:19th Sep 2017;
IMM5669 form sent through email:26th Sep 2017;
PA linked email with GCKey A/C :27th Sep 2017;
PCC asking through GCKey: 29th Sep 2017;
Uploaded PCC scan color copy on GCKey:30th Sep 2017;
Anyone could say,
(1)Did IRCC receive my IMM5669 form!
(2)Should I need to submit PCC hard copy as IRCC asking to upload this time only PCC color scan copy & mentioned if require hard copy they will ask! if yes then pls help me by providing mail address.
(3)How long time IRCC will take to process my spouse file!
Below is my status:
I have applied for my spouse & got update accordingly:
Application sent:29th March 2017;
Application received by IRCC:04th April 2017;
Received Letter from IRCC:14May 2017;
Received Letter from IRCC for Principal Applicant to submit IMM5669 form:19th Sep 2017;
IMM5669 form sent through email:26th Sep 2017;
PA linked email with GCKey A/C :27th Sep 2017;
PCC asking through GCKey: 29th Sep 2017;
Uploaded PCC scan color copy on GCKey:30th Sep 2017;
Pls share ur experience should my Husband will receive a Acknowledgement Letter from Visa Office regarding his file!
pls note that I have received a acknowledgement letter from IRCC that my application file has been transferred to Visa Office :06th Oct 2017.
ECAS Showing Application status" in process":07th Oct 2017

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Hi all
Has anyone gotten AOR despite having submitted passport photos that are slightly older than 6 months. We had our application returned the first time (missing the use of Representative form) and then resubmitted.. are due for AOR any day now and I just got that awful sinking feeling that due to this delay in submission, our photos are older than 6 months (seriously bummed). Has anyone had their application processed despite having a similar issue? I am assuming the worst, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017
Hi everyone!

I am planning on marrying a girl who is of Pakistani nationality and living in Pakistan. I am a Canadian citizen, living in toronto. I was wondering if you guys can help me answer the following questions please?

1. Is traveling together as a couple after Nikkah necessary to show as a proof of togetherness?, as in our culture its difficult to travel together without a proper rukhsati or when you properly get married and start living together with the wife.
  2. What all documents are required to show to the immigration officer as a proof of being legitimate married couple.
  3. Is whatsapp conversations, and other social media conversations enough proof to show that we are constantly in touch with each other through out this 10 month relationship?
  4. We dont have enough pictures together as we didnt meet a lot in the past 10 months, and even when we met we forgot to take pictures together.
  5. Will the Nikka function along with all the photographs of the event, family and friends be enough to show it was a legitimate wedding? or are there other necessary things to include for proof
  6. What are other possible ways to prove this is a legitimate wedding happening so we can file for spousal immigration as soon as possible
  7. Can you mention the exact duration of the whole process starting from filing the application till the landing date
  8. Can there be any possible reason for rejection of the spousal immigration petition when filed? if yes then what can be the reasons specify
  9. What are other ways to make this case stronger from both sides so the process doesnt take longer then expected time.
Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks I advance!

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Pls share ur experience should my Husband will receive a Acknowledgement Letter from Visa Office regarding his file!
pls note that I have received a acknowledgement letter from IRCC that my application file has been transferred to Visa Office :06th Oct 2017.
ECAS Showing Application status" in process":07th Oct 2017
My husband, who is a sponsor, received the same letter from IRCC 4th Oct and the ECAS Application status changed into " in process" the next day. But I as PA didn't get any letter.
I have already uploaded Schedule A and PCC in mycic account and passed medical.

Ritu1414

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
My husband, who is a sponsor, received the same letter from IRCC 4th Oct and the ECAS Application status changed into " in process" the next day. But I as PA didn't get any letter.
I have already uploaded Schedule A and PCC in mycic account and passed medical.
my husband's VAC is singapore & he didn't get yet medical examination letter.But IMM5669 & PCC has been uploaded in cic a/c

imehdee

May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Outland)
NOC Code......
2175 & 1224
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
Not Received. BG in Progress.
Hi All,

I moved to Canada 4 months ago, have a decent job here and planning to get married this December (2017). My wife (to be) currently resides in Dubai but is originally from Pakistan. I wanted to ask the senior members here if I am eligible to sponsor my spouse in Dec 2017 / Jan 2018?

Also, onn the IM5533E Form, there are certain items in Section 7 (such as rental agreement, insurances showing both our names, proof of jointly owned property etc) that we do not have at this time. While we can write detailed written explanations of why not, how seriously (in y'all's opinion) would that affect our application?

Also, I don't know if hiring a lawyer is a great idea, but would you recommend that in the case of spousal sponsorship?

Thanks in advance,

-Mehdi.

thechampion

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Urgent Help From Pakistanis!!:

Hello Everyone.

So my wife will be travelling to Canada in 2 weeks . I have a few questions regarding her trip.

1) What documents will she need to provide at Karachi airport at the time of departure? I heard the officers bother first time travellers in Karachi. Any info regarding this?

2) What documents are needed at the Canadian Immigration when she arrives.

3) We live in Edmonton and the destination on her COPR is Edmonton as well. Can she Land at Toronto Airport or she has to land at edmonton directly?