+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thanks for answer. And next step is Decision made? how long can it last?
Not necessarily, they can ask for additional documentation and/or proof.

Generally the longest wait is once the file has been transferred to the VO. Which VO? You should be able to find threads dedicated to specific VO to get a better idea.

driim

Oct 12, 2017
Not necessarily, they can ask for additional documentation and/or proof.

Generally the longest wait is once the file has been transferred to the VO. Which VO? You should be able to find threads dedicated to specific VO to get a better idea.
Thanks

fsiddiqui

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Hi everyone!

I am planning on marrying a girl who is of Pakistani nationality and living in Pakistan. I am a Canadian citizen, living in toronto. I was wondering if you guys can help me answer the following questions please?

1. Is traveling together as a couple after Nikkah necessary to show as a proof of togetherness?, as in our culture its difficult to travel together without a proper rukhsati or when you properly get married and start living together with the wife.
  2. What all documents are required to show to the immigration officer as a proof of being legitimate married couple.
  3. Is whatsapp conversations, and other social media conversations enough proof to show that we are constantly in touch with each other through out this 10 month relationship?
  4. We dont have enough pictures together as we didnt meet a lot in the past 10 months, and even when we met we forgot to take pictures together.
  5. Will the Nikka function along with all the photographs of the event, family and friends be enough to show it was a legitimate wedding? or are there other necessary things to include for proof
  6. What are other possible ways to prove this is a legitimate wedding happening so we can file for spousal immigration as soon as possible
  7. Can you mention the exact duration of the whole process starting from filing the application till the landing date
  8. Can there be any possible reason for rejection of the spousal immigration petition when filed? if yes then what can be the reasons specify
  9. What are other ways to make this case stronger from both sides so the process doesnt take longer then expected time.
Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks I advance!
Hi, you might want to post in the Pakistan thread to get more accurate info, but as I understand just Nikah and no Rukhsati/living together can cause problems with the application. If possible, do the ruskhsati and valima. Otherwise show them plans of when you plan to do it, along with explanations as to why they aren't being done right away.

Renzo.

Oct 12, 2017
Great post! Thanks.

It mentions: "If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality."

My question is - At what point do you pick one of the two visa offices you want?

I'm a citizen of both Italy and South Africa - I am living in South Africa - would it be better for my wife (Canadian citizen living with me in South Africa) to sponsor me (Outland spousal sponsorship) as an Italian (as it's visa excempt) or rather sponsor me as a South African? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

janmaypandya

Feb 8, 2015
inland spouse application
Applied 1feb 2017
AOR 18 feb 2017
Medical june 3
Now its shows medical is passed so anyone shares same timeline.

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
inland spouse application
Applied 1feb 2017
AOR 18 feb 2017
Medical june 3
Now its shows medical is passed so anyone shares same timeline.
Yes,mine was Feb 28 application
medical request was July 31
medical done in August 7
It shows medical passed on August 9
Every other thing is in process.
Hope to hear good news soonest in Jesus name.

Reactions: KandyK

sfeonix

Oct 16, 2017
Hello Everyone. is anyone aware of the rough timelines about how long the process is taking in 2017. I started the application for my wife on June 21, 2017. medical and PCC area all submitted.

Jas Malhi

Aug 21, 2017
Hello Everyone. is anyone aware of the rough timelines about how long the process is taking in 2017. I started the application for my wife on June 21, 2017. medical and PCC area all submitted.
I am waiting for my husband's file too... everything is done. File has already been submitted to visa office.

Ritu1414

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Hallooo!!!! Good Day to all.
I'm PR holder & my new born baby by birth Canadian, I would like to add my baby in the application.
My husband is staying outside Canada.
Also my ECAS status is decision made & already sent to Singapore Visa Office for further process of my spouse application.
Could you please suggest what should I do to add on my new born baby in the application!
According to IRCC F/B:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

When you have a sponsorship application in process, a family member of the person being sponsored could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.
To do so, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario:
and
  • The add-on request including:
    • your client ID number/UCI,
    • a detailed letter of explanation,
    • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
    • if applicable, the proof of payment.
Useful tips:
  • If the newly created family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only the add-on request is required.
  • Please ensure to write ADD-ON on the forms and on the envelope.
  • If you would like proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.
We hope that this information will facilitate the process of family reunification.
Your add-on request will be evaluated by the responsible office. You will be contacted when a decision will be made or if further information is required.
For more information on what to expect after a sponsorship application is submitted, please visit the What to expect after you apply section of the sponsorship guide.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

saikris12

Star Member
Aug 9, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
10-08-2017
I landed as a Permanent Resident on 10-Aug-2017. I want to sponsor my Spouse and kid as part of the Family class sponsorship.
I have not received my PR card yet and from the information I have, Its going to take another 2 months to get my PR card. Can I submit my application package with a copy of my CoPR and a Letter of Explanation. Please advise. Thanks in advance.