+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
Hello
Thank you replying my earlier post.
I am preparing file to sponser my husband who lives with me in canada and is on his work permit.

My questions are-
1. Even though it is not mentioned in the checklist, is it necessary to include my recent pay stubs in the file? If yes then how many? Does cic ask for pay stubs later?
I am including recent notice of assessment and original job offer letter already.

2. Me and my husband recently opened new joint account in the bank to show we financially support each other. It shows our account balances. Now my (sponser) acc balance is lower than my husband. Does that matter? We prefer not to transfer his money into my account if possible.
Also are there any other documents that we can provide to show financial support? We don't have insurance policies or benefits from our employer.

Waiting for reply!
THANKS A LOT!!
If you see the check list for application inside Canada you will get to know all the requirments and documents they need to submitt.
Submitt all the documents are required in check list for application inside Canada.
And for financial support it would be better if you submitt all the bills ( eg; utility bank statmemt etc) if the bills are in your name either your hasband name submitt all the copies with application.
Mention all in the application too that how you both support eachother.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hey guys I need your help,

the embassy of my country sent me an email for an interview and requesting to bring with me my original passport in addition of the below documens:

*Photos from civil marriage and marriage celebration

* Evidence of cohabitation

* Evidence of ongoing communication between PA and SPR

I have photos of my marriage and evidence of ongoing communication between me and my sponsor(wife), but what about the evidence of cohabitation? we do not live together since my wife is in Canada and I live in Lebanon, so my question is what evidence to submit proving cohabitation between me and my wife (sponsor) ?

Thank you so much for your help
First of all, does your situation or information provided in your application require that you cohabitate with your spouse (i.e. conjugal relationship)?

Cohabitation has a very specific definition "While cohabitation means living together continuously, from time to time, one or the other partner may have left the home for work or business travel, family obligations, and so on. The separation must be temporary and short."

Some of the items mentioned in their own list as evidence may not be conclusive evidence of cohabitation (i.e. such as joint bank accounts, ownership of property) as people can live in separate countries and still have these

Appendix B – Evidence
Evidence of cohabitation
Evidence of cohabitation that could be used to confirm whether a sponsored spouse or partner is cohabiting with their sponsor may include:

• joint bank accounts or credit cards;
  • joint ownership of residential property;
  • joint residential leases;
  • joint rental receipts;
  • joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone);
  • joint management of household expenditures;
  • evidence of joint purchases, especially for household items;
  • correspondence addressed to either or both parties at the same address;
  • important documents of both parties show the same address, for example, identification documents, driver’s licenses, insurance policies, etc.;
  • shared responsibility for household management, household chores, etc.;
  • evidence of children of one or both partners residing with the couple;
  • telephone calls.
These elements may be present in varying degrees and not all are necessary to prove cohabitation. This list is not exhaustive; other evidence may be taken into consideration.

While cohabitation means living together continuously, from time to time, one or the other partner may have left the home for work or business travel, family obligations, and so on. The separation must be temporary and short.

See section 5.35 of OP 2 for more information.

I assume if they are asking for evidence of co-habitation then there must be a very specific reason for doing so...

That having been said, CIC is not perfect and perhaps they are simply looking for evidence of genuine relationship (which is their primary concern in spousal applications). The best approach is to be completely honest and provide to them what you can.

C.

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
[/QUOTE
My application was recieved 15th of december, medical submitted 3 weeks ago. Have landing meeting the 22nd of this month. Process was so fast and easy. feeling very fortunate!
wow..you're so lucky..which visa office is processing it?

angelitaliana

Jun 13, 2017
Good am.we're going to pass our app this june . Is there anybody here who passed photos for proof of relationship wherein multiple pictures are printed on 1 photopaper with description and name and DOB at the back of the photo?is it ok?
We haven't been approved for PR yet but OWP was issued in 2 months and everything seems to be going okay with our application? We put multiple numbered photos on two or three printed pages. We had over 150 photos but we chose our favourite 30 photos that were a mix of just us together (on vacations etc) and us with family and friends. We (well, our lawyer) then created an index that corresponded to the numbers on the photos describing where we were, when it was, who we were with, etc.

Reactions: zhynth

Rgorden92

Aug 1, 2016
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'll give it a shot. I am an American and I live in a border town with canada. I moved in and have been cohabitating with my girlfriend and son(born in canada)in Ontario Canada for 3 years. Since I was born and raised in the US, I work in the US. I currently am on a Visitor Record with intent to become a PR. My question is this: I work full time in the US and my girlfriend works partime in canada. Is there a minimum income requirement for her to undertake me?

angelitaliana

Jun 13, 2017
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'll give it a shot. I am an American and I live in a border town with canada. I moved in and have been cohabitating with my girlfriend and son(born in canada)in Ontario Canada for 3 years. Since I was born and raised in the US, I work in the US. I currently am on a Visitor Record with intent to become a PR. My question is this: I work full time in the US and my girlfriend works partime in canada. Is there a minimum income requirement for her to undertake me?
There is no minimum income requirement for spousal sponsorship.

Flazh

Jun 13, 2017
Can anyone help me about Form IMM 5532 Proof of Relationship to Sponsor because I am planning to sponsor my wife and I am living here for 2 years now in Canada with PR status and my wife is still in the Philippines but I am really confused on how to answer the question "Are you and your spouse currently living together?" its kinda misleading and unclear question because they know for the fact that I am already here in Canada. And in addition to that does she needs to declare our kids as her dependant when in fact that our 2 kids are already here in Canada?

Thanks.

evrdwtin

Mar 23, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Doc's Request.
06-02-2017
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
22-11-2016
Med's Done....
05-08-2016
Hi!
Just got decision made letter this morning by email!
But ECAS is still in progress.. Is it normal?
Thanks!

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
This is the letter we received...

Dear Madam/Sir,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Please note that in order to complete the processing of your application, the following documents will be required to be sent by courier:
(X) Evidence of your sponsor’s intention to return to Canada (i.e. A job offer in Canada, evidence of having rented/bought a dwelling in Canada, an acceptance letter from an educational institution in Canada, resignation letter from her current employer, …)

(X) Exit stamp from Saudi Arabia.

(X) 2 recent photos for you. Please ensure to provide the photos as per the attached photo specifications. 5cm x 7cm and the face measure should be 3.6 cm.

(X) Your original current valid passports as well as any other previous passports used during the past five (5) years (in case your current passport does not cover the past five years) to enable us to issue your immigrant visa once your case is ready for finalization.

(X) Please indicate your height and eye colour in a separate sheet.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, 2001 states that all questions pertaining to an immigration application must be answered truthfully and must provide relevant evidence and documents that the examining officer reasonably requires.
Failure to provide the requested documentation within 15 days from the date of this email will result in your application being assessed on the basis of the documentation presently on file. Please be advised that, as the documentation requested in this email is relevant to the final assessment of your file, failure to provide it will likely result in the refusal of your application.
Please do not reply to this email to confirm that your documents have been sent or to enquire if they have been received.

So is it safe to say he will be granted his PR, or is there a possibility that he will still be refused?

fastl

Dec 8, 2016
Hi everyone. I just want to ask. I received my eligibility letter from the immigration last may 18. I was wondering if any of you guys know when or how many days or weeks will my husband (the principal applicant) receives the instructions for the requirements for his submission of the Schedule A Background to Mississauga..? It says in the letter for the next 5 business days, but until now we have not received it yet, and it is going to be a month next week. Is this normal? And are we gonna receive this by mail or email? They really didn't say.

I hope someone can answer my concerns. I am getting a bit anxious and agitated about this and worried at the same time. Thank you very much for taking your time.

God bless you all.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi everyone. I just want to ask. I received my eligibility letter from the immigration last may 18. I was wondering if any of you guys know when or how many days or weeks will my husband (the principal applicant) receives the instructions for the requirements for his submission of the Schedule A Background to Mississauga..? It says in the letter for the next 5 business days, but until now we have not received it yet, and it is going to be a month next week. Is this normal? And are we gonna receive this by mail or email? They really didn't say.

I hope someone can answer my concerns. I am getting a bit anxious and agitated about this and worried at the same time. Thank you very much for taking your time.

God bless you all.
they never send out those instructions it seems. it happens to so many people. i just mailed ours because after a couple weeks the instructions never came

fastl

Dec 8, 2016
they never send out those instructions it seems. it happens to so many people. i just mailed ours because after a couple weeks the instructions never came
Oh really? Ok so I guess I'll tell my husband to just mail it then. Did you link your application at the same time too?