Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Hello everyone!

Do you guys know until what moment it is possible to withdraw sponsorship application so the sponsor is not obligated to take undertaking for three years? Is it possible after sponsor's dm or during landing interview?
If we withdraw sponsorship application before dm, the work permit will be void or it will be still valid until the wp expiration date?

dsabri

Apr 5, 2012
Moderators please delete if not allowed. This is not an ad by any means.

me and my wife immigrated from Pakistan almost 8 years ago to Toronto and now are in Winnipeg, she being a seasoned recruiter has loads of experience is helping people finding jobs and have been getting a lot of personal messages lately from other 'soon to be immigrants' and have now developed a Facebook page to help them, she recently recorded a video about Canadian job market from an outsiders perspective; and have another session this Saturday for resume writing.

As we went through this forum zillion times to find answers for us, I thought this it the best possible way propagate this. Feel free to join in the live session. there is no cost. We just want to help people looking to move to Canada OR who have already moved and going thorough that social anxiety that we all face.

Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/wiseupaboutyourcareer/
event is pinned to the top or you can find it on left corner in 'Events' section

we have tried to boost this post in Pakistan and India but to less effect because the demographics are so widely spread. Feel free to share this link with anyone you think can benefit.

Fatih123

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Dear friends
Yesterday I received email from the cic.They requested me medical exam and copy of valid passport
So my question is I'm refugee claims since 2012 when I arrived to port Erie border they took my passport.So to make new passport I need my old passport.
Does anyone knows how can get back my passport from borders

Sincerely

Aayatakshidutta

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hello guys,

Help needed!!!

Sept 12 applicant n AOR2 was on Nov 01st..Can someone please tell how long the background check would take?Is there still any chance to get an interview req ???

Den den

Apr 5, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VANCOUVER
App. Filed.......
10-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
Hi Leon.

It seems that every time am about to submit my application I find something unclear. Now there is a new checklist.

On the relationship information evaluation form part C question 4 if you are not living together have we visited each other?

b. If so give details.

My husband and I have been together for years before getting married. We are living together now in Canada but I was the one that visting him in the past. I have all my boarding pass and stamps to show.

But what I do about this question. Do I leave it blank.

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi Leon.

It seems that every time am about to submit my application I find something unclear. Now there is a new checklist.

On the relationship information evaluation form part C question 4 if you are not living together have we visited each other?

b. If so give details.

My husband and I have been together for years before getting married. We are living together now in Canada but I was the one that visting him in the past. I have all my boarding pass and stamps to show.

But what I do about this question. Do I leave it blank.
Enter N/A. You are living together, this question is not applicable to you.

samandp

May 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Ndvo/ Wvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
30-03-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
27-04-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
19-05-2016
Interview........
RPRF - 21-07-2016
Passport Req..
08-09-2016
Hi guys...I applied for my husband's PR. While filling IMM 0008 my husband dint answer question 6 relating to certificate of quebec as it does not apply to us...he dint select yes or no...will cic return our application as incomplete??

reemfa

Dec 13, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
File Transfer...
And SA 25-11-2016 AOR2 : 12-12-2016
Hi guys

I want to apply for gcms notes, I was looking at the consent form that needs to be filled out and uploaded : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Whose information shld be in section a and B and C, principle applicant or sponsor ??

If u have ordered please help me out ?

Thanks !

Last edited:

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi guys...I applied for my husband's PR. While filling IMM 0008 my husband dint answer question 6 relating to certificate of quebec as it does not apply to us...he dint select yes or no...will cic return our application as incomplete??
Once you have selected the Province/Territory in Question #5 the Question #6 will become unavailable to check.
It looks like that:

Therefore you're fine.

Reactions: Forte

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi guys
I want to apply for gcms notes, I was looking at the consent form that needs to be filled out and uploaded : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp
Whose information shld be in section a and B and C, principle applicant or sponsor ??
Here is the instruction on how to fill it out.
If you need to get an info on PR file (i.e. Principal Applicant) then this is an option:

If someone has other insights, please share with us. I am curious too.

Reactions: reemfa

samandp

May 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Ndvo/ Wvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
30-03-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
27-04-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
19-05-2016
Interview........
RPRF - 21-07-2016
Passport Req..
08-09-2016
Once you have selected the Province/Territory in Question #5 the Question #6 will become unavailable to check.
It looks like that:

Therefore you're fine.
Thanks a lottha
It looks like that:

Therefore you're fine.
Thanks a lot

Bhaabuk

Jun 18, 2017
Hi Leon and everyone !

sorry to disturb all of u. I can"t stop myself due to this serious problem,that.s why,I need ur help.
I came to Canada as Permanent Resident in 2015 in one of the categories under the Skilled Worker Program. At that time,they opened only 1000 vacancies in that category.we had to score the required points to go through application process..it was very difficult to get IELTS date in my country due to the crowds of students applying abroad and limited centers of British Council.when I got the date and scored the required points,it was too late to apply as 786 out of 1000 vacancies were already fulfilled.And the Program was not in "competition basis" but "first comes first service basis" . it was said that when the required posts were fulfilled, the application process will b closed.
On the other hand, my wife was living in my village house with my 3yrs old daughter and I was in capital city.my village is situated in very remote area of my country.we have to travel 38 hours by bus and 12 hours by foot. moreover my wife was pregnant at that time.we were going to have our second baby.she was in her first month of pregnancy.The doctors hadnot allowed her to make any kind of travel for the first three months due to some critical medical condition.I didnt have my wife and daughter's passport.To make their passport and prepare other documents,we have to go to our capital city.I could not put my wife and unborn baby's life in risk.
Due to these two above mentioned reasons, I consulted with one friend who used to work in a consultancy that works for Australia [now he is in Australia].he used to work for Canada also as part timer. he suggested me to apply as single not declaring my wife and daughter.he told me that we can later proceed for wife and children once I landed in Canada as permanent resident.As It was my deep-rooted dream to come to Canada,I didnot want to miss my opportunity.next day,after consulting with my wife,I submitted my documents to him to proceed.after some days he called me to sign the forms. I signed the forms only reading the filled part to know if there is any spelling mistake.i didnot read the whole checklists and was not in that mood as my mother's death- following my father's- left me totally distressed.
Within 7 months I got my visa[I am lucky in this matter].When I flied to Canada,my wife was 9 months pregnant.I left her and my daughter in care of my brothers and sisters.After one month of coming Canada,we had our second child as a baby boy. When I landed here I came to know[through some of my friend] that i coudnt sponsor my wife and children if I had not already declared them in my application.
Now I came to know that my own status could also be revoked due to my that innocent mistake as they called it "misrepresentation". In last January,i visited my family, made their passport\other documents and came back to Canada after three months.
now u might have already known what the actual problem is. we have everything to prove our marriage [as our marriage is arranged one] as well as our children.we r ready to do any thing,to sign any documents,even ready to have our children's DNA test if they ask.
so what process should I go through? do they really revoke my own status for this [-what to call-] innocence or ignorance or honest mistake? pls help me. I am not able to do anything here as I remember my wife n children in every bite of my food.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Leon and everyone !

sorry to disturb all of u. I can"t stop myself due to this serious problem,that.s why,I need ur help.
I came to Canada as Permanent Resident in 2015 in one of the categories under the Skilled Worker Program. At that time,they opened only 1000 vacancies in that category.we had to score the required points to go through application process..it was very difficult to get IELTS date in my country due to the crowds of students applying abroad and limited centers of British Council.when I got the date and scored the required points,it was too late to apply as 786 out of 1000 vacancies were already fulfilled.And the Program was not in "competition basis" but "first comes first service basis" . it was said that when the required posts were fulfilled, the application process will b closed.
On the other hand, my wife was living in my village house with my 3yrs old daughter and I was in capital city.my village is situated in very remote area of my country.we have to travel 38 hours by bus and 12 hours by foot. moreover my wife was pregnant at that time.we were going to have our second baby.she was in her first month of pregnancy.The doctors hadnot allowed her to make any kind of travel for the first three months due to some critical medical condition.I didnt have my wife and daughter's passport.To make their passport and prepare other documents,we have to go to our capital city.I could not put my wife and unborn baby's life in risk.
Due to these two above mentioned reasons, I consulted with one friend who used to work in a consultancy that works for Australia [now he is in Australia].he used to work for Canada also as part timer. he suggested me to apply as single not declaring my wife and daughter.he told me that we can later proceed for wife and children once I landed in Canada as permanent resident.As It was my deep-rooted dream to come to Canada,I didnot want to miss my opportunity.next day,after consulting with my wife,I submitted my documents to him to proceed.after some days he called me to sign the forms. I signed the forms only reading the filled part to know if there is any spelling mistake.i didnot read the whole checklists and was not in that mood as my mother's death- following my father's- left me totally distressed.
Within 7 months I got my visa[I am lucky in this matter].When I flied to Canada,my wife was 9 months pregnant.I left her and my daughter in care of my brothers and sisters.After one month of coming Canada,we had our second child as a baby boy. When I landed here I came to know[through some of my friend] that i coudnt sponsor my wife and children if I had not already declared them in my application.
Now I came to know that my own status could also be revoked due to my that innocent mistake as they called it "misrepresentation". In last January,i visited my family, made their passport\other documents and came back to Canada after three months.
now u might have already known what the actual problem is. we have everything to prove our marriage [as our marriage is arranged one] as well as our children.we r ready to do any thing,to sign any documents,even ready to have our children's DNA test if they ask.
so what process should I go through? do they really revoke my own status for this [-what to call-] innocence or ignorance or honest mistake? pls help me. I am not able to do anything here as I remember my wife n children in every bite of my food.
This was not an "innocent mistake". The application clearly stated that family members must be included and examined. You deliberately made the decision to not include your family. You committed immigration fraud. You cannot sponsor your wife and first child. If you want your family to come to Canada, either your wife needs to qualify to immigrate on her own or you need to renounce your PR status and start from scratch.

Bhaabuk

Jun 18, 2017
This was not an "innocent mistake". The application clearly stated that family members must be included and examined. You deliberately made the decision to not include your family. You committed immigration fraud. You cannot sponsor your wife and first child. If you want your family to come to Canada, either your wife needs to qualify to immigrate on her own or you need to renounce your PR status and start from scratch.
Though sad to know that I could not sponsor my wife n children,thx a lot for ur kind reply.
And I have still some query to put in front of u.hope u will go through it. yea,as u said, I did a deliberate mistake but I didnot have any idea that i could not sponsor my family if i didnot declare them in my application.I thought once I landed to Canada as Permanent resident,it will be much easier than before.The man who proceed my application also didnot inform me (as I said above also, while signing the forms ,I didnot go through the whole laws of immigration; I signed wherever he told me to sign and paid the fee he charged me for processing).And I consulted with my wife also.I am acquainted with this mistake in detail just now when I tried to sponsor my family. till now I didnot try to apply as we didnot have my wife and children's passport.she couldnot go through all the processing of making passport and other documents herself. Thats why, after my own visiting to my country and making their passport,I tried to apply (in this sense I thought it was an "innocent mistake', sorry I was wrong)And on the other hand,if I declared my family, I had to submit their passports and other documents at the same time which was impossible at that time.if I waited for three months(my wife's first three months of pregnancy), I couldnot apply for PR as the required posts will be fulfilled.
Now my query is that looking all these difficult circumstances ,whether they consider my case differently or not? whether they look my case from humanitarian point of view or not?(as "Family Reunification" is main motto of Canada now)
The circumstances in my country are not as Canada as my country is very poor and underdeveloped. Even my country doesn't have Canadian Embassy;we have to go through all application processing from another country.

Last edited: