+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

maha89

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Hello everyone,
My husband is sponsoring me to go live in canada. Our application was received on March 2017. And i did link my application online 2 months ago, since the 15th of April 2017. But since then no messages on my cic account and no emails. I didn't send them the police clearance yet because they didn't ask me to and not even the background check. How long does it take till they send me back an email

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Hello everyone,
My husband is sponsoring me to go live in canada. Our application was received on March 2017. And i did link my application online 2 months ago, since the 15th of April 2017. But since then no messages on my cic account and no emails. I didn't send them the police clearance yet because they didn't ask me to and not even the background check. How long does it take till they send me back an email
Way past the timeline, we are March applicants too but our file has been transferred to our VO. You should give them a call and check what's going on. It could be due to the technical glitch, you haven't received any correspondence.

maha89

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Way past the timeline, we are March applicants too but our file has been transferred to our VO. You should give them a call and check what's going on. It could be due to the technical glitch, you haven't received any correspondence.
Can you please give me a phone number to call ?

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
Hi!
Just got decision made letter this morning by email!
But ECAS is still in progress.. Is it normal?
Thanks!
Congrats thats a good sign you have reached the next level.
When did you apply your application? Mine is both in progresse its been 10 months since we have submitted our application. We submitted on17 Aug 2016 not updates yet.

TaliaS

May 16, 2017
My application was recieved 15th of december, medical submitted 3 weeks ago. Have landing meeting the 22nd of this month. Process was so fast and easy. feeling very fortunate!

you should be thankful! :)

We applied September 13th and have not even heard back about anything not even medical or eligibility

scahmed

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Hi Guys
I received request to submit schedule A background back in March which I did right away and after that only other correspondence I received from CIC (month later) is confirmation that my file is transferred to London Visa office. Today I was going through my application status and under "Review of additional documents" it says "We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details." . Is it possible that they haven't updated this status?

I checked the messages below and there aren't any new messages ( request for schedule A background is the latest). And when I click on " view submitted application" it shows the uploaded schedule A in green

Thanks, Asad

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
Hi Guys
I received request to submit schedule A background back in March which I did right away and after that only other correspondence I received from CIC (month later) is confirmation that my file is transferred to London Visa office. Today I was going through my application status and under "Review of additional documents" it says "We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details." . Is it possible that they haven't updated this status?

I checked the messages below and there aren't any new messages ( request for schedule A background is the latest). And when I click on " view submitted application" it shows the uploaded schedule A in green

Thanks, Asad
they had a problem with their website..if you have already sent the schedule A when they asked for it..you need not be worried further about sending it..it was a glitch...its showing on every other applicant too

finkol

May 11, 2017
hey guys,

here is one for you...

my wife and i moved to a different city since i submitted my application for sponsoring my wife.
all the residential address for the supporting documents in the application package is now old address.
however the email address and a mailing address (which is different from my residential address) will stay the same.

i believe my application is still at mississauga.
if i inform the change of my residential address, do you guys think mississauga office or Visa office will ask me to update all of my supporting documents???

Thanks

vava3

Apr 12, 2017
Good day

I am currently not working ,I want to apply for my husband to come how long after I start my new job can i send my papiers?

Thank you

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
hey guys,

here is one for you...

my wife and i moved to a different city since i submitted my application for sponsoring my wife.
all the residential address for the supporting documents in the application package is now old address.
however the email address and a mailing address (which is different from my residential address) will stay the same.

i believe my application is still at mississauga.
if i inform the change of my residential address, do you guys think mississauga office or Visa office will ask me to update all of my supporting documents???

Thanks
Update supporting documents as in? And you should inform them of the change. It's beneficial for you

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Good day

I am currently not working ,I want to apply for my husband to come how long after I start my new job can i send my papiers?

Thank you
You don't currently need to be working in order to sponsor your husband however you cannot be on social assistance.