Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
sheen said:
Hello Everyone,

NEED HELP/ADVICE !!!

My spouse application was received today at CPC signed by R Mahood.
What's the next step after this? Will they notify me via email or letter?
My address needs to be changed, should i change it right away or wait till they have my file number?

Thanks in advance
your application is now in queue for checking for application completeness (all forms and signature there) and sponsor approval. the next step is the sponsor receiving the acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) and sponsor approval (SA) letters. i believe it is currently taking 4-5 weeks to receive the AOR, and there will be no communication otherwise. you will want to check the march and april applicant threads to see when others start getting correspondence from IRCC.

there's no need to change the address until you receive your file number. at this point your application is not opened or considered received, so there is no way to update the address.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
manishag said:
Hello All,
This is Manisha, I have a question regarding my travel. I applied for a PR through inland spousal sponsorship in Sep 2016 and I received my OWP valid until Jan 2019. I also have a TRV valid until Dec 2019. Can I travel to the states for a week and come back? Is there any risk involved while re-entering into Canada?
My recent entry into Canada as visitor is on Aug 7th 2016 and applied for PR in Sep 2016, received OWP Feb 4. Now that I have crossed the 6-month limit, is there any problem or it doesn't matter because I got my OWP before 6-month limit?
Please give your suggestion.
Thanks,
Manisha
since you have a valid work permit and TRV, the risk of being denied entry is low. however, no one can guarantee you won't encounter issues. it all is dependent on the officer who greets you at the border. the only way to know for sure is to try to enter.

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
CDNPR2014 said:
your application is now in queue for checking for application completeness (all forms and signature there) and sponsor approval. the next step is the sponsor receiving the acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) and sponsor approval (SA) letters. i believe it is currently taking 4-5 weeks to receive the AOR, and there will be no communication otherwise. you will want to check the march and april applicant threads to see when others start getting correspondence from IRCC.

there's no need to change the address until you receive your file number. at this point your application is not opened or considered received, so there is no way to update the address.
Hey,

Thank you so much for your help !!! so do they notify by email about AOR or just send out a letter? I have temporarily forwarded my mails to a different address. so i am not sure if government mails are redirected to different address. That's my only concern.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
sheen said:
Hey,

Thank you so much for your help !!! so do they notify by email about AOR or just send out a letter? I have temporarily forwarded my mails to a different address. so i am not sure if government mails are redirected to different address. That's my only concern.
the AOR and SA are sent by email to the sponsor's address listed in the application.

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
CDNPR2014 said:
the AOR and SA are sent by email to the sponsor's address listed in the application.
That's great !!! I was concerned if they send it my mail it will reach to me or not.

derekhe1988

Apr 10, 2016
Hello,

I'm sponsoring my wife for PR. We received request for medical examination today.

Just wondering, at what stage does the CIC normally request for medical examination?

Also the CIC input the incorrect E-mail address on the medical report form, should we contact them to get it fixed before we go for the medical examination?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Hi everyone,

I received a letter from CIC called "procedural fairness". The crux of it is:

Before I make a final decision, I invite you to submit additional information relating to these concerns:

Any proof of employment – Notice of assessment, T4, Pay stubs
Lease agreement - deed
Bank statement
Children’s enrolment

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to our office. Please ensure
that you quote the file number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the
information on file, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Anyone received such a letter? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question,,,,

My Sponsor just revived the AOR 1 ...should he link the application to his account or should I the PA create a new account and link my application ?? plwase help

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,,

just followed this link and was able to link

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/linking-mycic-account-to-pr-application-t439261.0.html;msg5450674#msg5450674

zizaheer

Aug 8, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
05-Mar-2015
Nomination.....
17-Dec-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
28-Jan-2015 (AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
26-May-2016
Med's Done....
31-May-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 2016
LANDED..........
October 2016, InshaAllah
I came to Canada on PR in October 2016. I went back to my native country to get married in February 2017. Now I am back in Canada in March 2017. I am going to start working in a retail store till I get a proper job. The job may be 20 Hours/week. Considering my situation, income and all, what are my chances if I submit my applications to sponsor my wife in May/June 2017?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
zizaheer said:
I came to Canada on PR in October 2016. I went back to my native country to get married in February 2017. Now I am back in Canada in March 2017. I am going to start working in a retail store till I get a proper job. The job may be 20 Hours/week. Considering my situation, income and all, what are my chances if I submit my applications to sponsor my wife in May/June 2017?
There are no income requirements to sponsor your spouse. Provided you aren't on social assistance - it's fine.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
ziadelbaghdadi said:
Hi everyone,

I received a letter from CIC called "procedural fairness". The crux of it is:

Before I make a final decision, I invite you to submit additional information relating to these concerns:

Any proof of employment – Notice of assessment, T4, Pay stubs
Lease agreement - deed
Bank statement
Children’s enrolment

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to our office. Please ensure
that you quote the file number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the
information on file, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Anyone received such a letter? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Yes lots of people receive this letter. They are determining whether you will really move to Canada and it looks like your sponsors financial affairs. Just send everything you can that they ask for and an explanation if you can not provide certain documents.

na2co

Apr 21, 2017
Hello all,
Please help/advice me regarding AOR.

I am currently pregnant and to keep my BC MSP effective, I have to submit AOR before my current status expires.

My application was received on March 29, signed by R MAHMOOD at CPC-M but we haven't gotten either AOR or application returned yet. Checked on timeline spreadsheet, others with similar timeline has already received it around April 11.
So I called CIC today to find out whether we'll get AOR though, for family class sponsorship it requires to enter the application number to talked to agents. I believe that application number is on AOR, is it correct?

Any advice to get through this situation will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

gbatista

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Santo Domingo
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/16/2014
Nomination.....
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
05/08/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
04/17/2015
Med's Request
05/08/2015
Med's Done....
05/18/2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
06/08/2015
Hello evrybody.

My husband and i just got married on feb 2017 here in canada ( he has vsitor visa), he still lives in dominican Republic and is planning to come on june 20th 2017.

We already have all paperwork to send our application next week, should we apply under family class or canadian class since hes coming in june 2017?

Please advise.