+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

thakkarc

Jun 7, 2016
hello,
I need a help here as I will be applying for inland application hopefully mid September. Also we are willing to fly back home for a wedding in December but I came to know that my wife should not leave country until you get OWP. I am just wondering how long it takes to get OWP once you send the application for INLAND and OWP together. and what are the chances of getting one.

thanks

samia_j

Aug 23, 2017
Hey everyone!

So my husband (currently living in Canada) had applied for me under spousal sponsorship on the 10th of May, 2017 and we received an email stating that the processing had started on the 6th of June, 2017... So far I'm done with my medical and clearance. Therefore, my question is if anyone knows how long it might take till i get the visa approval...

proud_quebecois

Jul 24, 2017
Hey everyone!

So my husband (currently living in Canada) had applied for me under spousal sponsorship on the 10th of May, 2017 and we received an email stating that the processing had started on the 6th of June, 2017... So far I'm done with my medical and clearance. Therefore, my question is if anyone knows how long it might take till i get the visa approval...
it should be in 1 year timeframe. But how come you got medical request so fast? Usually after 3-4 months of AOR?

Reactions: yetesfan@gmail.com

yetesfan@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2017
My application received on March 28, 2017. I got the Sche A and PC request. However, No med request yet in 5 months. Is there anyone having the same situation? Thanks

Reactions: polar25

Nehemiah26

Apr 27, 2016
Hey guys, pls we need urgent advice on what to do, our 1st outland spousal app was refused, so we hired a lawyer for an inland reapplication, all this was in February, he kept delaying to submit our application until august jst to keep taking money from us, we have paid him everything and was already arguing about it until he decided to submit our app in August, but b4 the submission he kept threatening us that he will withdraw from representing us if we dont come up with money, we paid him $5000 which we agreed on, then after he submitted, he said we have to pay him another $5000 and if we dont pay it, he will withdraw from representing us, so pls we need an advice on what to do BC the correspondence is on his email and office address, and we have honestly done everything he requested.. The extortion is too much on us... Pls we need help and advice pls guys... Tnx

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
there's no ppr (passort request) since you are inside canada. they will give you an invitation for landing interview wherein they will issue a copr (confirmation of permanent residence). they can't do this for outland since they won't have a visa to enter canada, therefore they will request the passport.
You're right, but it is not because you're inland. This is the way Family class work, other process like inland CEC of inland FSW requires landing.

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Hey guys, pls we need urgent advice on what to do, our 1st outland spousal app was refused, so we hired a lawyer for an inland reapplication, all this was in February, he kept delaying to submit our application until august jst to keep taking money from us, we have paid him everything and was already arguing about it until he decided to submit our app in August, but b4 the submission he kept threatening us that he will withdraw from representing us if we dont come up with money, we paid him $5000 which we agreed on, then after he submitted, he said we have to pay him another $5000 and if we dont pay it, he will withdraw from representing us, so pls we need an advice on what to do BC the correspondence is on his email and office address, and we have honestly done everything he requested.. The extortion is too much on us... Pls we need help and advice pls guys... Tnx
It is sounding like a scam, I would getter all the information of this lawyer, all the emails and documents he provided and contact CIC right away.
Regarding your returned application you need to understand why it was returned and fix it. You probably forgot some documents or information, then add these documents and resubmit.

Mar 9, 2017
My application received on March 28, 2017. I got the Sche A and PC request. However, No med request yet in 5 months. Is there anyone having the same situation? Thanks
Hello there,

I'm in the same situation. I received the AOR on April 13th but no medical requests yet. I called chic but they asked me to wait. I wish best luck to you and everyone

Best regards,

Nehemiah26

Apr 27, 2016
It is sounding like a scam, I would getter all the information of this lawyer, all the emails and documents he provided and contact CIC right away.
Regarding your returned application you need to understand why it was returned and fix it. You probably forgot some documents or information, then add these documents and resubmit.
No, our application wasnt returned.. Our 1st application was refused, we have already submitted the 2nd application and trust me iv been trying to call cic to tell them whats going on but its really difficult to connect after following all the prompt, it disconnects... Pls is there a direct way to get to them? Or best time to call them, thank u

Kjanzen

Jan 19, 2017
Hi Everyone
I have question about visiting home country while inland spouses sponsorship in process. I called cic to ask that have a valid passport, OWP and visitor visa, Can I visit my home country for 2 week. The rep kept stating, "Canada is not a prison, you can leave Canada but re-entry is not guaranteed".
I'm not going with my partner, not sure if that's an issue too. I really want to attend my sister's wedding.

Kjanzen

Jan 19, 2017
No, our application wasnt returned.. Our 1st application was refused, we have already submitted the 2nd application and trust me iv been trying to call cic to tell them whats going on but its really difficult to connect after following all the prompt, it disconnects... Pls is there a direct way to get to them? Or best time to call them, thank u
I know its not right way to get in. But press 7, express entry option to connect to cic.

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Hi Everyone
I have question about visiting home country while inland spouses sponsorship in process. I called cic to ask that have a valid passport, OWP and visitor visa, Can I visit my home country for 2 week. The rep kept stating, "Canada is not a prison, you can leave Canada but re-entry is not guaranteed".
I'm not going with my partner, not sure if that's an issue too. I really want to attend my sister's wedding.
Hey there, I left Canada to go home for two weeks this Summer. There were a lot of people telling me it was a bad idea. But I had absolutely NO problem coming back. Of course, you have to make sure you have a valid visa in your passport and your work permit. Nobody asked me any additional questions. So don't worry and good luck!

yetesfan@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2017
If I were you, I wo
Hello there,

I'm in the same situation. I received the AOR on April 13th but no medical requests yet. I called chic but they asked me to wait. I wish best luck to you and everyone

Best regards,
Thanks. Best wishes for you as well!!!!!!!!!

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Hello, this is blatant flawed. You can privately message me and I will guide you through. First, remember that you must address the reason for refusal before putting in any new application. CIC normally will give you time to address all concerns, so hardly do people get refused if the marriage is genuine. However, it is more common to get refused in you apply outland. Option for appeal is available through this channel. Just message me and let's see