+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Sumaddi

Aug 23, 2017
Hi,

I was wounding if anyone already knowing the inland process can help answer a few questions here regarding inland application. Sorry if the information has already been answered here. 1258 pages of info here :)

I am a PR in Canada working a full time job in Hamilton,ON. My fiance in visiting Hamilton in October on a visitors visa. We have the wedding planned for later in October. I am planning to sponsor her PR inland.

Here is my understanding of the process:

- My fiance arrives on a visitor visa.

- We get married and apply for the marriage certificate right away.

-Once we have the marriage certificate, we send in the application for PR and OWP ( my wife now, still remains on visitors status until AOR is received)

-Once the AOR is received, her status changes to Implied status as the PR Application is now in process

-approx 4 months in, decision will be made on the OWP, while the PR application continues to be processed. Status changes from implied to Worker.

-PR application process completes and she can do inland landing.

Following are my questions:

- From the time we get married and send in our application, can she leave Canada? or does she have to stay in Canada until a final decision is made on the PR application?

- If she leaves Canada, can she return on her visitor visa, while the PR application is still in process? She already has a multiple entry visit visa

- From the day we get married, to the day she receives her OWP, can she apply for OHIP?

- When will the soonest be that she can apply for OHIP.

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with these questions.

Thanks

Kjanzen

Jan 19, 2017
Hey there, I left Canada to go home for two weeks this Summer. There were a lot of people telling me it was a bad idea. But I had absolutely NO problem coming back. Of course, you have to make sure you have a valid visa in your passport and your work permit. Nobody asked me any additional questions. So don't worry and good luck!
Thank you

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
For the other country it would only be a consent to disclosure of information form and CIC communicate directly with the authorities over there, so I'm not really stressed about it... But after reading carefully CIC's guide I think they won't ask for it because they say they will ask one for
the country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; which is Canada, and the country where you’ve spent most of your adult life since the age of 18, which is the one we sent already...
Hello. I'm just wondering if they requested the missing pcc? I'm on the same boat. I missed one pcc because I live there for 6 months and only sent the pcc for 3 countries that I've spent most of my adult life with. Any info is highly appreciated. Thank you

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Hello. I'm just wondering if they requested the missing pcc? I'm on the same boat. I missed one pcc because I live there for 6 months and only sent the pcc for 3 countries that I've spent most of my adult life with. Any info is highly appreciated. Thank you
I didn't receive any resquest for PCC, as I said when we linked our application the only request we had was the Schedule A one and nothing about PCC, and we did not receive other requests since then. We also called to know if they had received our form (sent by Webform and mail) and to know if something was missing and they told us that they had everything they needed and there was nothing else to submit... I hope it helps you!

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
I didn't receive any resquest for PCC, as I said when we linked our application the only request we had was the Schedule A one and nothing about PCC, and we did not receive other requests since then. We also called to know if they had received our form (sent by Webform and mail) and to know if something was missing and they told us that they had everything they needed and there was nothing else to submit... I hope it helps you!
Thank you very much. That is a great help.

Guni

Aug 25, 2017
Hello all, I've been checking out this thread for tips for linking applications. I've tried for the last 5 days using up all my attempts and I can't link it no matter how many things I change. I tried doing it as it was said here with the caps and application number+family name and no success. I saw some people said to leave city blank but it won't let me past that page if I don't write the city.
I contacted IRCC tech support twice and they just sent me a list of "tips" for system errors and other totally unrelated stuff. They sent the exact same response twice... maybe it's automated.

Has someone else had this problem? Any other tips? I only have 2 days left... what happens if I can't link it?
Thanks!

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
Hello all, I've been checking out this thread for tips for linking applications. I've tried for the last 5 days using up all my attempts and I can't link it no matter how many things I change. I tried doing it as it was said here with the caps and application number+family name and no success. I saw some people said to leave city blank but it won't let me past that page if I don't write the city.
I contacted IRCC tech support twice and they just sent me a list of "tips" for system errors and other totally unrelated stuff. They sent the exact same response twice... maybe it's automated.

Has someone else had this problem? Any other tips? I only have 2 days left... what happens if I can't link it?
Thanks!
I've been able to link my application right away. I've used
Application number+ surname
Then passport details. From what I noticed, using your passport detail is the best way to put in your info instead of the city of birth.
All the best!

Reactions: Guni

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hi Experts,

I need an advice from experts that which category should my spouse apply for spouse immigration and what scenario will be working best . My spouse has Us green card (visa exempt) to canada if he comes to canada as a visitor and get stay for 5 months can he apply for Spouse Inland application for PR ? as he will not need visitor visa or permit and he will not have any permit or TRV or visitor visa on passport, so would he be able to apply inland spouse immigration? As IRCC ask visitor visa or TRV for Inland application or should he go for outland application as it becomes more faster processing or he should go for inland application and apply with open work permit as well so he could stay in canada and within 3 or 4 months if he does not get reply for open work permit he could still apply visitor visa extension as he will be waiting for work permit approval and PR application will be processing . what is the best suggestion for him?

Dsander

May 16, 2017
I've been able to link my application right away. I've used
Application number+ surname
Then passport details. From what I noticed, using your passport detail is the best way to put in your info instead of the city of birth.
All the best!
I also have tried to link my application and had no success. I have sent in two troubleshooting emails along with screen shots and I get back a standard email with a list of things to try.

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hi Experts,

I need an advice from experts that which category should my spouse apply for spouse immigration and what scenario will be working best . My spouse has Us green card (visa exempt) to canada if he comes to canada as a visitor and get stay for 5 months can he apply for Spouse Inland application for PR ? as he will not need visitor visa or permit and he will not have any permit or TRV or visitor visa on passport, so would he be able to apply inland spouse immigration? As IRCC ask visitor visa or TRV for Inland application or should he go for outland application as it becomes more faster processing or he should go for inland application and apply with open work permit as well so he could stay in canada and within 3 or 4 months if he does not get reply for open work permit he could still apply visitor visa extension as he will be waiting for work permit approval and PR application will be processing . what is the best suggestion for him?
Hi Experts,

Can experts provide suggestion for best scenario to apply if they have any idea?

Thanks in advance.

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
I also have tried to link my application and had no success. I have sent in two troubleshooting emails along with screen shots and I get back a standard email with a list of things to try.
Sorry to hear that. Maybe you could try any other combinations. I hope it works out for you soon.

Imajin101

Jul 10, 2017
LANDED..........
10-09-2018
Hi, can someone please tell me how my husband is to obtain the letter from US FBI as it has been requested after we received the AOR. We are currently in Vancouver BC. Is there any place across the border to do this quicker?

bblack

Aug 26, 2017
Hi,
I have a question about the processing time. Under the status of my application (permanent residence being sponsored by my spouse is the application) it says it was received May 26th. My husband and I did get a request to mail or link my application online for the schedule A/police background report. I couldn't link my application so we mailed the schedule A/police background report on July 19th. Have not heard anything back yet and I know a medical will be the next step.

So my questions are:
does anyone know how long until you get a medical report?
and does anyone have any tips/tricks as to linking the app without the space in the city?

As I've tried that and many other ways and nothing seems to be working. I am really trying to speed this up as I am applying from the United States and wanting to hit the Vancouver market for acting and modeling ASAP!

Last edited: