+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

nataliengan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Our status on Ecas updated on August 25, 2017 to DM on both sides. Before then we had no other updates on Ecas. Hope this helps.

App Sent - September 13, 2016
Medical Request - July 10, 2017
AIP - August 25, 2017
Final Decision Email - August 28, 2017
Landing Interview - September 5, 2017

P.S Our Landing Interview will be in Edmonton, AB.
And congratulation!

Reactions: Firefly18

Firefly18

Aug 2, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-09-2016
congratulations! yes this is your landing. And some people have hard time to believe it, but it really can go fast once they work on a file and your case is another example of that. So for all those waiting, stay positive, your turn will come!
Could you please tell me what to expect at the landing interview and what documents should I take with me? Thank you.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Could you please tell me what to expect at the landing interview and what documents should I take with me? Thank you.
The list of documents to bring should be already on your landing appointment letter, but it normally requires to bring all documents issued by cic (study permit, work permit), the passport of the principal applicant, 2 photos for the PR card, the invitation letter, the receipt that RPRF were paid (1040$ if you paid everything from the beginning or 490$ if you paid them separately), and don't forget the sponsor! :D For the sponsor, only a valid ID with photo (driving licence, passport,...).

Questions are very simple and are not a test. They will ask if you have ever been denied entry to Canada, ever convicted of any crime in Canada or anywhere else in the world, do you have any dependents that are not already listed on the application. To the sponsor, they might ask if he/she still want to sponsor and explain that there will be an undertaking agreement for 36 months starting from the day of landing. They will hand you your CoPR document, those questions are on the document and they will ask you to check it and confirm that everything is correct, then sign it. For us, there was an error on the last entry to Canada date and location. They corrected manually. Once it is signed by you and the agent, the agent will hand you your CoPR and tell you: congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada!

Normally, it's 5-10 minutes from the time the agent will call your name to the time you will get you CoPR and be officially done! So nothing to worry about.

Firefly18

Aug 2, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-09-2016
The list of documents to bring should be already on your landing appointment letter, but it normally requires to bring all documents issued by cic (study permit, work permit), the passport of the principal applicant, 2 photos for the PR card, the invitation letter, the receipt that RPRF were paid (1040$ if you paid everything from the beginning or 490$ if you paid them separately), and don't forget the sponsor! :D For the sponsor, only a valid ID with photo (driving licence, passport,...).

Questions are very simple and are not a test. They will ask if you have ever been denied entry to Canada, ever convicted of any crime in Canada or anywhere else in the world, do you have any dependents that are not already listed on the application. To the sponsor, they might ask if he/she still want to sponsor and explain that there will be an undertaking agreement for 36 months starting from the day of landing. They will hand you your CoPR document, those questions are on the document and they will ask you to check it and confirm that everything is correct, then sign it. For us, there was an error on the last entry to Canada date and location. They corrected manually. Once it is signed by you and the agent, the agent will hand you your CoPR and tell you: congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada!

Normally, it's 5-10 minutes from the time the agent will call your name to the time you will get you CoPR and be officially done! So nothing to worry about.
Thanks a lot Sylvain. I am very nervous and excited at the same time.

ihopethisworksout

Apr 11, 2016
Congrats to everyone who already landed.

Unfortunately for some of us, we have to wait longer :(

Application received : July 22, 2016
AIP: July 17, 2017

ECAS:

Sponsor side shows DM on July 18, 2017
Applicant side says Medical received.

No Movement since. But still hopeful the Landing letter comes soon. :)
In the exact same spot almost identical timeline too. Wish we would get DM as close to AIP as others have :(

Z7J

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016 / 29-06-2016
Thanks a lot Sylvain. I am very nervous and excited at the same time.
I feel the same. :D Let us know how the interview goes, we are scheduled on the 7th :)

Reactions: kimjae11

Quikques

Aug 29, 2017
So, I sent my fee receipt ($1040) with my application but I can't find a copy of them. Does that mean I'll have to pay again at the landing interview (assuming I get one)?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
So, I sent my fee receipt ($1040) with my application but I can't find a copy of them. Does that mean I'll have to pay again at the landing interview (assuming I get one)?
you can find it back by logging again in the payment system:
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/ols/login.do?&app=epay&page=viewallreceipts&lang=en&_ga=2.214907733.397877619.1504033497-438708235.1449524696
You will be able to print it again or have it emailed to you.

Edit: It's for sure better and safer to have the receipt with you at the landing interview, but in our case, they did not even ask it. They already know that you paid them.

Quikques

Aug 29, 2017
you can find it back by logging again in the payment system:
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/ols/login.do?&app=epay&page=viewallreceipts&lang=en&_ga=2.214907733.397877619.1504033497-438708235.1449524696
You will be able to print it again or have it emailed to you.

Edit: It's for sure better and safer to have the receipt with you at the landing interview, but in our case, they did not even ask it. They already know that you paid them.
Thank you so much! I rather be safe than sorry :)

Reactions: sylvain1

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
In the exact same spot almost identical timeline too. Wish we would get DM as close to AIP as others have :(
i know how you feel. we were really excited with the updates.
Turns out, we are the chosen ones to endure long waiting periods for the precious DM and landing appointment. lol :)

kokopelli

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
15-05-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront before app submitted
Interview........
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
I landed today at the Halifax CIC office on Brunswick Street! We arrived an hour early (eager...just a little!). There was no receptionist, just a small waiting area with two small offices/interview rooms whose doors were closed with notes asking "please don't knock, interview in progress".

When one of the doors opened and a small family came out (all smiley!), the agent called someone elses' name but they weren;t there. She took us next. She asked for our passports and my two photographs. She then asked me 4 questions and my husband only one. After that, I was asked if I had travel plans for the next 2 months and said "no". Currently the processing time for PR cards is 61 days.

The whole thing took maybe 8 minutes. I'm so relaxed right now! Thanks everyone for your support. It meant a lot. Good luck to those of you still waiting for news. It will come faster than you think!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I landed today at the Halifax CIC office on Brunswick Street! We arrived an hour early (eager...just a little!). There was no receptionist, just a small waiting area with two small offices/interview rooms whose doors were closed with notes asking "please don't knock, interview in progress".

When one of the doors opened and a small family came out (all smiley!), the agent called someone elses' name but they weren;t there. She took us next. She asked for our passports and my two photographs. She then asked me 4 questions and my husband only one. After that, I was asked if I had travel plans for the next 2 months and said "no". Currently the processing time for PR cards is 61 days.

The whole thing took maybe 8 minutes. I'm so relaxed right now! Thanks everyone for your support. It meant a lot. Good luck to those of you still waiting for news. It will come faster than you think!
Congrats. Party time!

nataliengan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
I just called CIC to ask about my application which has received by Sept 13 2016. They said my application still in background stage. Do any one knows usually how long the BG check will take?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I just called CIC to ask about my application which has received by Sept 13 2016. They said my application still in background stage. Do any one knows usually how long the BG check will take?
Did they tell you anything else? BG can't be predicted. Weeks to months. But usually starts early on.

BG can't be predicted because your background is never the same as anyone elses.