+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Rossei said:
Haha. Well, I don't drink; however I won't mind some +1 (some perhaps did, thanks to them). But come on, more than 200 in the spreadsheet and only 7 karma for it. 8)

BTW, thanks to everyone who wished me.

FYI, here's what I got in my email alert yesterday from TD Visa (so, I didn't call them):

Transaction Details
Transaction Amount/Currency: 550.00 CAD
Merchant Name: CIC CPR - CIC RTC
Merchant Location: MISSISSAUGA, CA
Merchant Category: Government Services
Congrats Rossei, First thought today while opening this forrm was to see your credit card charged update as 5th Jan applications are processing now. Very Happy for you.. and +1 to you ;)

Good Luck Everyone!!

yeasin52

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
CIC published a notice on Jan 16, 2015 saying they received 5000 Complete application and intake is paused until next year. Does it mean application received before jan 16 made it to the 5000 cap?

I am not allowed to post link here. But if you search CIC you will find it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yeasin52 said:
CIC published a notice on Jan 16, 2015 saying they received 5000 Complete application and intake is paused until next year. Does it mean application received before jan 16 made it to the 5000 cap?

I am not allowed to post link here. But if you search CIC you will find it.
No - that's not what it means. CIC received a very high volume of applications and the cap was actually reached much earlier (but we don't yet know when). Applications received January 2nd are in the cap and at least some applications received January 5th. It's not known at this time if any applications received after January 5th will be included in the cap - it's quite possible they won't be.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
I think my available credit has just decreased by $550 around 5 pm today. Never been happier :D for losing $$$. It's a TD Visa and it will take some time to post the actual transaction. I said "I think" because I used this CC for my day-to-day expenses and my online record is always lagging.

Anyway, I'm sharing this info with you guys first even before my family knows about it. Wish everyone in this forum get their CC charged ASAP.
Yipeee..Congrats Rossei

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Haha. Well, I don't drink; however I won't mind some +1 (some perhaps did, thanks to them). But come on, more than 200 in the spreadsheet and only 7 karma for it. 8)

FYI, here's what I got in my email alert yesterday from TD Visa (so, I didn't call them):

Transaction Details
+1 for u.
Just a quick note..i also see you (or someone) are working on Stage 2 on SS. My suggestion is that it should be in CC charging date order instead of App received date order. Well i just saw that happening...so u r already on top of it. You should start drinking beer...i want to say CHEERS... :D

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Questions for everyone:

My application arrived around Jan. 5th afternoon.

I called CIC with my UCI number. The agent told me that nothing has shown in the system yet. Does it mean they haven't reviewed my file yet? My application hasn't returned to me yet.

Also, I realized that when I fill out the forms I only filled out my parents' UCI number. I didn't fill out mine. Is that a huge problem?

I am getting worried. I feel so much pressure...it's like a competition. I feel I am more nervous than sitting in any exam....

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JL2015 said:
Questions for everyone:

I called CIC with my UCI number. The agent told me that nothing has shown in the system yet. Does it mean they haven't reviewed my file yet? My application hasn't returned to me yet.

Also, I realized that when I fill out the forms I only filled out my parents' UCI number. I didn't fill out mine. Is that a huge problem?

I am getting worried. I feel so much pressure...it's like a competition. I feel I am more nervous than sitting in any exam....
Which courier did you use? :'(

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
Rossei said:

Transaction Details
Congrats Rossei for the CC charged and THANK YOU so much for putting together the spreadsheet. I really do appreciate it :)

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JL2015 said:
How do you create TD email alert on CC charges?
Go to online banking on TD website, scroll to Alert section and specify amount and provide your email address....i did mine with RBC and get instant updates.
If having technical issues, you can still call the number at the back of your CC card and ask for help and step by step instructions.
Hope you get your CC charged soon.

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Rossei said:
I think my available credit has just decreased by $550 around 5 pm today. Never been happier :D for losing $$$. It's a TD Visa and it will take some time to post the actual transaction. I said "I think" because I used this CC for my day-to-day expenses and my online record is always lagging.

Anyway, I'm sharing this info with you guys first even before my family knows about it. Wish everyone in this forum get their CC charged ASAP.
Congrats!!!Thanks for all the hard work. I don't think my cc is charged yet. My app was received the same time but not sure if FedEx gave me the right delivery time. I hope I make it this year, as I missed last year by some minor mistake.

johanna19782002

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2015
JL2015 said:
Questions for everyone:

Hi JL2015,

I understand how you feel, I am in the same spot. My app arrived on January 5th after 11 am. There is an app that was charged that arrived on January 6th so maybe all complete January 5th apps are inside the 5000 cap.

UCI is not a mandatory field so don't worry about it, this would help to find your app faster but I guess they will update the system with information anyway after you will be charged not before.

I note that depending on the agent who answers your call you can receive more or lesser information. My communication with CIC support hasn't been meaning
ful so far, probably my fault because I haven't ask the correct questions.

Please, keep calm and hopeful. I guess you have lots of chance!

Cheers,

Johanna

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
JL2015 said:
How do you create TD email alert on CC charges?
Well, I did it from TDrewards site.

1. You register first with your TD CC card info
2. When you can login, go to 'My Account' from top right menu
3. In your account page, select 'Set-up TD Visa Mobile Alerts Service' from left navigation bar
4. You have to add mobile no and/or email address first before setting up an alert (use 'Mobile/Email' menu from top)
5. Use 'Setup Alerts' (the first menu option on top)

feifei

Nov 16, 2010
I am not sure this informaiton will help some of you relax a bit or not.
I just called CIC call centre to check my package.
I send my package on Jan 02nd by canada post , and estimately the package reached at CIC around 1pm or after.
This CIC agent told me that she found my package but in their system there is no information put in of my package . she said it doesn't mean anything at this point, maybe they just haven't have time to key the information in yet. and just give them some time.
So I am thinking the applications who have the same or samiliar time with me , they haven't start our applications yet, just give them some time. don't be too worried. :)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ak_indi said:
+1 for u.
Just a quick note..i also see you (or someone) are working on Stage 2 on SS. My suggestion is that it should be in CC charging date order instead of App received date order. Well i just saw that happening...so u r already on top of it. You should start drinking beer...i want to say CHEERS... :D
Cheers! BTW, I know how it tastes 8)

I'm truly overwhelmed with so many thank you notes.

But there are still many who are anxiously waiting to see their CC charged. I strongly hope all JAN 5 applicants get in to 5000 cap like JAN 2 ones. Then, we can make sweet chaos for Stage-2.