Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
earthbound14 said:
I sent my sponsorship application and my wife's permanent residence application to the Vergreville centre because and the time I had read that inside Canada had a processing time of 11 months start to finish (one month shorter than Manila).
Person to be sponsored lives in Canada (INLAND) -Type of sponsorship application: Spouse, common-law partner in Canada

Step 1 — Assessment of sponsor and person being sponsored
11 months (initial assessment)
Working on applications received on October 29, 2012

Step 2 — Medical, security, background checks and other verifications for person being sponsored
8 months

Total time for inland = 19 months

As I have read on here and on the CIC website, it should take on average 27 days to process your sponsorship
You need to read right above that 27 days: Person to be sponsored lives outside of Canada

So if application was sent July 2013, you can expect stage 1 (sponsor approval) to be completed around June 2014. If BC is like Ontario for healthcare then it takes 3 additional months of wait time, so healthcare would be received sometime around Sept 2014.

You need to plan to have baby with no healthcare. I suggest looking into midwife options out of BC, in order to save money. You can get more info in "health" section of this forum on pregnancy/delivery costs in BC: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/health-b40.0/

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Sejong said:
I have a question about the Korean criminal check. My wife showed me the criminal check she obtained from the police station and the official square seal was printed instead of stamped with ink on the document. Was this the case for your wives' criminal check? I ask because all the other documents she obtained from the district office have a seal that was stamped with red ink. I know I might sound a little paranoid but I just don't want any delays in the the processing of the application. Thanks.
Did you bring the cic cbc sample?

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
earthbound14 said:
Can anyone help me with a dumb question of two?

I sent my sponsorship application and my wife's permanent residence application to the Vergreville centre because and the time I had read that inside Canada had a processing time of 11 months start to finish (one month shorter than Manila).

My complete package was received on July 8th and they finally started processing my sponsorship application on July 31st.
I'm confused. I thought you said earlier in the thread you submitted it outland back at the beginning of May.

earthbound14

Mar 18, 2013
bartjones said:
I'm confused. I thought you said earlier in the thread you submitted it outland back at the beginning of May.
I did, but changed to inland...now thinking that was a mistake. Apparently you can't get medical coverage until you get permanent residency if you apply outland.

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
earthbound14 said:
I did, but changed to inland...now thinking that was a mistake. Apparently you can't get medical coverage until you get permanent residency if you apply outland.
I see. I think Rob is right. You're probably going to have to pay for the delivery yourself. Have you called the health insurance people in your province to see when your wife will qualify? I'd start there.

When did you leave Korea? If the issue for you is the cost of the delivery, your wife might be able to have the baby in Korea and her Korean health care will cover it. The problem with that is this; if you've applied inland, I believe that your wife must stay in Canada until the application is processed. Is that correct Rob?

I applied outland but my wife has continued to pay her Korean health insurance premiums while we've been in Canada, so that she could always return there if she encountered some kind of serious medical issue.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
bartjones said:
The problem with that is this; if you've applied inland, I believe that your wife must stay in Canada until the application is processed. Is that correct Rob?
It's not essential, but it's very risky. The big risk is that if ever an inland applicant is denied re-entry back into Canada for any reason, the inland application is considered abandoned and you'd have to start the application process again from scratch. There is also the risk that if CIC sees that the inland applicant has left the country for an extended time, they could simply cancel the application.

In Ontario using the services of a midwife for delivery is free even for those without health insurance, so the overall cost of giving birth with a widwife is very cheap I believe as you just pay for some incidental things, and if you don't need to deliver in a hospital. I would check out the same with BC midwives.

Sejong

Sep 4, 2013
Korea2Canada said:
Did you bring the cic cbc sample?
Yes I brought the sample of the application for the criminal check. All the information that is required is on the criminal check document that we received. There's no issue with what is said on the document. I'm just wondering why the official seal is printed instead of stamped.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Sejong said:
Yes I brought the sample of the application for the criminal check. All the information that is required is on the criminal check document that we received. There's no issue with what is said on the document. I'm just wondering why the official seal is printed instead of stamped.
Must be a digital stamp.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
earthbound14 said:
Can anyone help me with a dumb question of two?

My complete package was received on July 8th and they finally started processing my sponsorship application on July 31st.

As I have read on here and on the CIC website, it should take on average 27 days to process your sponsorship.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

I've also read that if your case is not processed in that time you can call.

So I did and was told that I would not be informed of my sponsorship status for 11 months if done in Canada and that this 30 day time is only for outside Canada applications. I simply don't get this. The average time for processing both sponsorship and residency in Canada in Ottawa is 14 months total and at the time I sent it to the Vegreville office it was only 11 months.

Now for the life of me I cannot find any site saying that the Vegreville office will not inform me of my sponsorship status, nor can I find the page that the lady on the phone was referring to. I did not take screen shots of the 11 month posting so I don't know for which office it was referring to specifically, nor was I aware that there were so many offices, or that they may have different processing times or even potentially different processes.

I was also told by the women on the phone that I should send a letter to Vegreville asking for my application back as it will get done faster outside the country...yet I still cannot find proof of this on there bloody site.

This is driving me nuts. My wife is going to give birth in January and I keep getting different information. We need medical coverage and I need to be able to show that my sponsorship has been accepted. It's been over 2 months now.

What exactly has happened to others here? Anyone go the in Canada route like me so that the wife could work and get medical?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/delivery-help-on-preganant-ladies-without-ohip-t163959.0.html

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Any news from any of the regulars on this thread?

cjkoall

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Seoul, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul/Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/04/2012
Doc's Request.
11/09/2012
AOR Received.
30/07/2012
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
Received
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
CanNZ said:
Any news from any of the regulars on this thread?
Nope, still nuthin'.

Gonna get consultation from an immigration lawyer, who is Korean herself, tomorrow.

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
cjkoall said:
Nope, still nuthin'.

Gonna get consultation from an immigration lawyer, who is Korean herself, tomorrow.
Good luck with that.

claudeteacher

Aug 11, 2013
Here I go again:

We are in the process of our PR application. I've been accepted as my wife's sponsor. The paperwork is now on its way to Manila.

Meanwhile my wife took an extended trip to Canada and has been offered a job as a Supply Teacher.
Is there any contingency that would allow her to work on a part time supply basis?

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
claudeteacher said:
Here I go again:

We are in the process of our PR application. I've been accepted as my wife's sponsor. The paperwork is now on its way to Manila.

Meanwhile my wife took an extended trip to Canada and has been offered a job as a Supply Teacher.
Is there any contingency that would allow her to work on a part time supply basis?
As far as I know she would need the PR status before work (even some forms of volunteering).