+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my Korean wife for permanent residency

Joeweed

Sep 13, 2015
Hi everyone,

We are still waiting to hear anything back from CIC after initial application. It arrived January 7th, 2016 according to FedEx and now it is Feb. 19th, 2016. We are a little freaked out that they have lost it or misplaced it. Does anyone know a number we could call or a place that we could email? I've looked and haven't been able to track anything down.

Thanks a lot

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Joeweed said:
Hi everyone,

We are still waiting to hear anything back from CIC after initial application. It arrived January 7th, 2016 according to FedEx and now it is Feb. 19th, 2016. We are a little freaked out that they have lost it or misplaced it. Does anyone know a number we could call or a place that we could email? I've looked and haven't been able to track anything down.

Thanks a lot
I believe that sometimes the first thing you'll hear from CIC, is around when sponsor approval is done. Since that is taking 60 days, I would give it until first week of March before you start to get worried.

danby_ll

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
SA 07-09-2016 / AOR2 14-09-2016
Med's Done....
03-08-2016
Passport Req..
12-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2017
Hello,
I am a newcomer to this forum and thought I'd post a question in this thread since it seems quite active.
My Korean husband and I both live in Korea.I've been living here since 2008 and we got married in 2014.
Planning on applying to move to Canada as soon as possible but I'm concerned about proving my income.

Since I've been on the spouse visa here in Korea, I haven't really held a steady job. For the past 12 months, I've been doing short term part time work with a variety of companies and teaching private classes. There is no proof of something long term with the same employer. I did some work for 3 months last summer with a steady income and another 3 months in the fall with another company. Should I find a full time job now? And do I need to work there for 12 months before even thinking about applying for the Canadian visa for my husband? If I hold, say, 2 or 3 part time jobs for 12 months is that acceptable?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

NRSY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
danby_ll said:
Hello,
I am a newcomer to this forum and thought I'd post a question in this thread since it seems quite active.
My Korean husband and I both live in Korea.I've been living here since 2008 and we got married in 2014.
Planning on applying to move to Canada as soon as possible but I'm concerned about proving my income.

Since I've been on the spouse visa here in Korea, I haven't really held a steady job. For the past 12 months, I've been doing short term part time work with a variety of companies and teaching private classes. There is no proof of something long term with the same employer. I did some work for 3 months last summer with a steady income and another 3 months in the fall with another company. Should I find a full time job now? And do I need to work there for 12 months before even thinking about applying for the Canadian visa for my husband? If I hold, say, 2 or 3 part time jobs for 12 months is that acceptable?

for spousal sponsorship you do not need to prove any income, therefore you could apply right away! You don't have to worry about your jobs. (as far as I know!) I just applied and didn't have to prove any income.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danby_ll said:
Hello,

it is not necessary to apply for full time job now, but you may present financial proof for you and your husband with your app.
: how you and your spouse would be financially supported in Canada after PR until either of you would get a job. so you may need to submit bank balance, asset, support letter from family etc.

Also VO would be more concerned about solid proof of settling down in Canada :you may present more supporting docs regarding to the matter.

hope it helps.

jalee5225

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
3/9/2016
LANDED..........
3/9/2016
HOLY CRAP!

We just got back from vacation yesterday, and I checked my status thing like I do every week to see...and I see that my wife's PR application status has changed to: DECISION MADE !!!

When I click the link, the information remains the same, nothing has changed from the last time they updated in Oct.

That being said, my sponsorship application still reads IN PROCESS lol...

what do I do from here? Do I wait? Do I call someone? Also a great big thanks to everyone that helped answer my questions!!!

This is so exciting...

tcbaek

May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2015
AOR Received.
2015-07-25
File Transfer...
2015-08-27
Med's Done....
18-06-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
jalee5225 said:
HOLY CRAP!

We just got back from vacation yesterday, and I checked my status thing like I do every week to see...and I see that my wife's PR application status has changed to: DECISION MADE !!!

When I click the link, the information remains the same, nothing has changed from the last time they updated in Oct.

That being said, my sponsorship application still reads IN PROCESS lol...

what do I do from here? Do I wait? Do I call someone? Also a great big thanks to everyone that helped answer my questions!!!

This is so exciting...
my hubby received his CoPR and thats what our status STILL says...no worries, sounds like it is done!

tcbaek

May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2015
AOR Received.
2015-07-25
File Transfer...
2015-08-27
Med's Done....
18-06-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
We are flying in to YVR Vancouver together. How much time does my Korean hubby need for the landing interview? How long was the wait time? Do I need to be with him?

Thanks

jalee5225

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
3/9/2016
LANDED..........
3/9/2016
tcbaek said:
my hubby received his CoPR and thats what our status STILL says...no worries, sounds like it is done!
How long did it take to get the paper work once it said Decision Made?

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
What name is best for Korean PR spouse?

Best (or required) name format a Korean spouse could use in Canada?

For example,

If her name in Korea is: Park Ji Hae ( on everything in Korea including Korea passport )

If his name is: William Smith

possible Canada examples: Ji hae Park , Ji Hae Park Smith

Say for example she went with Ji Hae Park Smith. Does it need to be registered as a new name? thx

tcbaek

May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2015
AOR Received.
2015-07-25
File Transfer...
2015-08-27
Med's Done....
18-06-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
jalee5225 said:
I think it took about a month to get the physical letter. It comes with a handbook of super useful information as well. My husband is attending the suggested seminar on acclimating to canada given by the embassy/non-profit

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jalee5225 said:
I got my COPR in a week after I checked out DM on CIC .
it delivered by DHL.

jalee5225

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
3/9/2016
LANDED..........
3/9/2016
Just got notification the COPR is on the DHL truck for delivery today!! :eek:

Planning on flagpolling tonight. How soon can we apply for her SIN? do we need to wait for the PR card?

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jalee5225 said:
Just got notification the COPR is on the DHL truck for delivery today!! :eek:

Planning on flagpolling tonight. How soon can we apply for her SIN? do we need to wait for the PR card?
I went to Service Canada a week after I landed, and got my SIN no. right away.