N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
3/9/2016
LANDED..........
3/9/2016
floomy said:
I went to Service Canada a week after I landed, and got my SIN no. right away.
Going to go today to get our SIN!

Flagpoled yesterday and it was as easy as it could be!

Thanks to everyone who provided assistance and answered questions in this thread. Couldn't have done it without you all!

tcbaek

May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2015
AOR Received.
2015-07-25
File Transfer...
2015-08-27
Med's Done....
18-06-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
sorry to ask again, but we are leaving soon, and our transit time may not be enough for hubby's landing interview. how long...and does anyone know where he goes in vancouver airport or can lead me through a timeline of their experience? thanks

drcoolfred

Mar 28, 2016
I came across this, the big Korean spouse thread. I have two questions:
1. How long should it really take for my spouse's permanent residence application to be accepted if sent from outside canada? the website says currently 17 months, but is it really so long? our documents should be in order.
2. were there any problems that people experienced using korean income tax documents to apply?

thank you, i know these may be repeated questions but please let me know an updated answer :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
tcbaek said:
sorry to ask again, but we are leaving soon, and our transit time may not be enough for hubby's landing interview. how long...and does anyone know where he goes in vancouver airport or can lead me through a timeline of their experience? thanks
Not sure if you already arrived, but times can vary widely depending on how busy it happens to be at the time you land. The landing procedure itself can be as quick as 15 minutes or so. However if there is a huge lineup, it can take hours just to start the landing process.

drcoolfred said:
1. How long should it really take for my spouse's permanent residence application to be accepted if sent from outside canada? the website says currently 17 months, but is it really so long? our documents should be in order.
2. were there any problems that people experienced using korean income tax documents to apply?

thank you, i know these may be repeated questions but please let me know an updated answer :)
I would budget around 1 year as a more realistic time, of course every case can be quicker or slower.

If all you have are Korean tax docs since you haven't resided in Canada for some time, then that is what I would submit. Don't think there will be any problems but I'm just guessing.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I heard interesting thing today.

Do I need to take english test after I got PR or PR under any other program.

or this is another kind of rumour??

thanx

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
floomy said:

thanx
If you are below 65 you will need to take the citizenship test, which would mean you need some level of English.

How you acquire more English skills is up to you.

If you need better English skills to get a better job, then that is another reason.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
floomy said:

thanx
No it's not true. New immigrants can take english classes for free but they aren't required they're completely optional. There is no test after becoming a PR.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
drcoolfred said:

You can look at spreadsheet for 2015 to get an idea. Realistically if your case is well-documented with no red flags, it should be less than 1 year.

I would assume that you are Canadian and not living in Canada, and so do not have Printout C. You can use whatever documentation you have to show what you are doing to earn income outside Canada, what level of income you have, etc...as such, your filing with Korean tax authorities only, you can use it. That said, if it is not in English, you will need to translate and certify the translation.

drcoolfred

Mar 28, 2016
cheng9999 said:
You can look at spreadsheet for 2015 to get an idea. Realistically if your case is well-documented with no red flags, it should be less than 1 year.

I would assume that you are Canadian and not living in Canada, and so do not have Printout C. You can use whatever documentation you have to show what you are doing to earn income outside Canada, what level of income you have, etc...as such, your filing with Korean tax authorities only, you can use it. That said, if it is not in English, you will need to translate and certify the translation.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I don't live in Canada. I plan to use my most recent tax document and proof of property, translated.

Alright, I'm sorry to ask. This seems like so many documents. Is there a list of minimum or recommended documents I need to apply with? If someone already posted this, please just link it to me. I'm trying to do this with a ton of other things and work going on.

I would really appreciate even part of the list. Thanks

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
drcoolfred said:
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I don't live in Canada. I plan to use my most recent tax document and proof of property, translated.

Alright, I'm sorry to ask. This seems like so many documents. Is there a list of minimum or recommended documents I need to apply with? If someone already posted this, please just link it to me. I'm trying to do this with a ton of other things and work going on.

I would really appreciate even part of the list. Thanks
The minimum would be to follow the checklist, and address all of the requirements unless they are not applicable. For example, Printout C would not be applicable as you did not file taxes in Canada, but you would use something else instead. You apply as Canadian citizen living outside Canada, so you would have to show your plans of moving back (letters from family willing to let you stay, you having moved money back etc.)

It's when you need to translate and certify documents which makes things more time consuming. Unfortunately there is no way around it.

One reminder is 5669E for the applicant...do fill out all the history up to 18 years old and not the recent 10 years...it'll save you delays as the VO will likely ask the applicant to re-do this. Make sure there are no gaps in time in what the applicant did, lived and worked during those times. If the applicant was not employed for certain period, say unemployed instead of a gap. Don't worry about short vacations...the residency/addresses should have no gaps also.

Tapioca Cold

Apr 5, 2016
Hi, to all in this thread. my wife is Korean and we plan on returning to Canada in the month of August. I've been living here for ten years so no option C. Things with our application are going fine however, I have some questions if you don't mind giving me some help.

Questions #1
We are using a spousal sponsorship so I do not need to meet any financial requirements. However, we have a daughter. She is Canadian (I got her citizenship last year and passport last fall). Is she a dependent? I mean do I need to send twelve months of pay stubs in order to prove I can support her? I guess this has to do with question 18 and 19 on the document checklist.

Question #2
Question 18 on the document checklist: if you don't mind, can anyone detail what their 'original letter from current employer stating your period of employment, salary and regular hours per week' look like or how it was written. My school is having trouble writing it. I would assume it's just a written letter in Korean plus school insignia (I'm a teacher at a elementary school) stating the above? Stamped and signed by the principal?

Any help is much, much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
Tapioca Cold said:
Hi, to all in this thread. my wife is Korean and we plan on returning to Canada in the month of August. I've been living here for ten years so no option C. Things with our application are going fine however, I have some questions if you don't mind giving me some help.

Questions #1
We are using a spousal sponsorship so I do not need to meet any financial requirements. However, we have a daughter. She is Canadian (I got her citizenship last year and passport last fall). Is she a dependent? I mean do I need to send twelve months of pay stubs in order to prove I can support her? I guess this has to do with question 18 and 19 on the document checklist.

Question #2
Question 18 on the document checklist: if you don't mind, can anyone detail what their 'original letter from current employer stating your period of employment, salary and regular hours per week' look like or how it was written. My school is having trouble writing it. I would assume it's just a written letter in Korean plus school insignia (I'm a teacher at a elementary school) stating the above? Stamped and signed by the principal?

Any help is much, much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian

Your daughter is not a dependant as she is already Canadian citizen.

For existing employer info, you can send your original contract, monthly pay statements, etc. You can explain that your moving back to Canada is sensitive to your existing employer which makes it difficult to get a letter... Basically you can jeapordize your job. This info is to show that you are a normal guy, working and having income. While income is not requirement for spousal sponsor, working and showing income now in some ways support your claim that you will be financially OK when you move back to Canada.

NRSY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hello!

My common-law partner and I (He is Korean I am Canadian) have been thinking about doing a civil ceremony to get married (we both dont want to have a real big wedding after seeing the stress a lot of our friends have gone through with planning!) We applied as common-law in January and our application has been sent to Manila and ECAS states that they started processing his application on March 28.. if we were to get married would we send in the marriage certificate? and would this look bad to CIC? or would it be in our favour?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

kimci

Apr 12, 2016
Where do I send the permanent residence application and sponsorship? Manila or Canada?

Also Can my wife enter Canada while waiting for her approval?

Tapioca Cold

Apr 5, 2016
Hello again, another question. Perhaps I'm too lazy to search for it but typing these questions into the google search are so long. Here goes:

My wife and I are doing an outland application (she's Korean) and we will be moving to Canada within the next few months mid app. I just assumed this would be okay. However, is it? Can you move to Canada mid application? Will my wife need a visa or anything? I just assumed that once we applied and she had a reciept for proof she would be okay in Canada until a decision.

Many, many thanks,

Brian