Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
I just talked to my wife about this. She tells me that when we hired our movers in Korea they also asked if we would mind if they threw in a few extra boxes being shipped by some kid who was going to study in Canada. She declined. Apparently this isn't such an uncommon thing.

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
bartjones said:
I just talked to my wife about this. She tells me that when we hired our movers in Korea they also asked if we would mind if they threw in a few extra boxes being shipped by some kid who was going to study in Canada. She declined. Apparently this isn't such an uncommon thing.
Oh ya, it was pretty clear that this was standard practice. What the guy said was, is that most Korean's just let do it, but Canadians usually have a problem with it. haha

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
A bit of an update. My wife emailed them and said that they needed to deal with the situation quickly or they would be facing a lawsuit. The company in Korea and the satellite office here in Toronto both emailed shortly after apologising for the situation and said that we can go to the customs office first thing monday morning and our stuff would be delivered on Tuesday. I'll update again once I meet them on Monday to deal with the customs office.

amjad1002

Oct 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila phip
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
Med's Request
already sent
Med's Done....
11-08-2013 and redo 08-02-2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
02-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
3 Feb 2016
I want to send my stuff from korea to Canada and me and my sponser both are not korean,any body know how can we send our stuff from korea to Canada and have phone no who is speak english.
Thanks.

ilovecbc

Apr 26, 2014
ilovecbc said:
@ jmomcc

As far as I know, there are two kinds of record checks that we can get in Korea now. The one my husband got this week is called "범죄 수사경력 회보서" or "Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply". The paper has English translation and it clearly says: "Scope of reference: Criminal records (including lapsed criminal sentences), Investigation records". As far as I know, you can get this printed immediately.

The other one takes longer to get and you need to bring a photo to get it. It takes several days and is apparently also in English

I'm pretty sure the Canadian government just needs the first one, but we're going to send both just in case...

If anyone has any more light to shed... ^^
All right, maybe people already know this, but I think we've just confirmed that if they are asking for another police certificate, the one you should be getting is the first one I described that you can get at the police station instantly. We got both and sent them in just in case, but friends of ours who applied earlier than us and who also needed to get a new police check, sent in the one that takes a week... Apparently, they just got an e-mail that it's not the correct police check...

Again, this is not *official*, so you can always be ridiculously cautious (like we were~!) and send in both. Anyway, I thought I'd post this cause I wasn't able to find a very clear answer anywhere else.

Hooray for checking your criminal history so many different ways/times ; )

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
ilovecbc said:
All right, maybe people already know this, but I think we've just confirmed that if they are asking for another police certificate, the one you should be getting is the first one I described that you can get at the police station instantly. We got both and sent them in just in case, but friends of ours who applied earlier than us and who also needed to get a new police check, sent in the one that takes a week... Apparently, they just got an e-mail that it's not the correct police check...

Again, this is not *official*, so you can always be ridiculously cautious (like we were~!) and send in both. Anyway, I thought I'd post this cause I wasn't able to find a very clear answer anywhere else.

Hooray for checking your criminal history so many different ways/times ; )
Good to know. It will probably be a while before CIC sorts this all out.

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
ilovecbc said:
We sent the one that you get instantly and were told it was the wrong one. We sent the one that you have to wait for and month later we got my wife's confirmation of being approved..... seems to be the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing all the time unfortunately.

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
Hi everyone,

Special thanks to everyone who has helped along the way, I'm sure I'll miss a few, but special thanks to: bartjones, Rob_TO, red tape sucks etc! You truly helped me from start to finish on this process.

My wife received her COPR in the mail yesterday. It took 8 days for DHL to deliver it from the time ECAS changed to "decision made" till she had it in her hands, in Korea! She will be landing September 16. I'm already here, as I got a job offer before hand.

A couple questions about her landing. She will be arriving into Vancouver.

1.) Does she require any further documentation other than her passport and the COPR?
2.) On her COPR it has our BC destination as our "final destination." That has changed since we applied in January, as we will now reside in Edmonton. No Big Deal for immigration?
3.) I've done the B4 forms, and customs "goods on arrival" stuff, including her stuff that I packed in with my stuff. She won't have any goods to follow. Is that weird for immigration to have a new PR withOUT goods to follow?
4.) Any other information regarding her actual arrival and landing to YVR would be super helpful for us, so please feel free to share!

I started my process on Page 83 of this forum page and here we are at Page 140. I hope some of the folks who have been waiting longer get their visas soon. It seems Manila has pulled up its' socks this year and the COPR's are coming quickly! Good luck to all of you,

Marticus

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Marticus said:
1.) Does she require any further documentation other than her passport and the COPR?
2.) On her COPR it has our BC destination as our "final destination." That has changed since we applied in January, as we will now reside in Edmonton. No Big Deal for immigration?
3.) I've done the B4 forms, and customs "goods on arrival" stuff, including her stuff that I packed in with my stuff. She won't have any goods to follow. Is that weird for immigration to have a new PR withOUT goods to follow?
4.) Any other information regarding her actual arrival and landing to YVR would be super helpful for us, so please feel free to share!
1 - Just COPR, passport, B4 forms (if needed), and confirming the address to send PR card to in Canada
2 - It's no problem. As long as it doesn't involve Quebec you can land/move anywhere in Canada
3 - My wife was already in Canada when we got COPR, so we didn't do any B4 form at all. They won't care.
4 - Just watch the time. PR landing can take from 10 minutes up to a couple hours if there's a big lineup or they're short staffed, plus she'll need to clear her luggage and transfer to domestic luggage... so give enough time for any connecting flights.
Congrats!

seoulcanada

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Congrats Marticus!

My wife's account also just changed to decision made today or yesterday! Very excited but I also feel bad to those who submitted before us who are getting dragged around. Good luck to all of you, hopefully Manilla is upping their game.

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Marticus said:

Marticus
Like Rob said. They won't care. I shipped all my wife's goods in my name as I think you did. It wasn't an issue.

Congrats again. Let us know how your landing goes.

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Congrats to those who have gotten their COPR, even if I am a bit jealous. Hopefully my wife will get hers soon.

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
Thanks everyone

One additional question for you all:

It lists my Korean address on my wife's COPR. I'm here now in Canada. Should we be changing this detail now so she doesn't have any extra questions at YVR? Or does it not matter since she got her visa and I only recently have arrived before her to my current Canadian address?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Marticus said:
Thanks everyone

One additional question for you all:

It lists my Korean address on my wife's COPR. I'm here now in Canada. Should we be changing this detail now so she doesn't have any extra questions at YVR? Or does it not matter since she got her visa and I only recently have arrived before her to my current Canadian address?
She will update the address in person when she lands. Immigration officer will ask where she wants the PR card mailed to. So there is no reason to change anything online or with the Manila office.

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Hello guys

question for you:

my wife applied for another tourist VISA extension and got two emails from CIC today.

First one: your application has been updated
Second one: you have a new message in your myCIC account for application: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Unfornately we forgot our password and got it locked. We now have to wait 24 hours before we can try to unlock it.

Any guess on what message said?

This is about her tourist VISA not her PR application.

Would they send the VISA extension by email because she alrady has a tourist VISA ID number instead of mailing the new one?

By the way, on her appliaction they had both her and my phone numbers and have never contacted us. I did get a missed call yesterday that was titled "Unidentied Caller" though.