June 2013
Interview........
November 21/2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2013
LANDED..........
December 5/2013 alham dulillah
jomz said:
Already this file is making me crazy. There is a large number of pictures my husband does not want me to send with our application because in the ones in home together, or inside in our villa when we traveled, and during our religious ceremony I did not wear hijab as all men there (my husband and his dad) are mahram to me. I convinced him that we are obligated to provide evidence. Reluctantly, he agreed, but is not very happy. Today he asked me not to send our messages because they are private messages between husband and wife lol I said maybe so, but immigration wants to see them. ;D

I really wish we were allowed to send in DVDs, if the VO saw the 4 hour DVD of our big wedding reception they wouldn't need to see anything else lol I watch it and I cry each time, all my friends and co-workers that have seen it, have said straight out that that they can actually feel how much he loves me, the way he looks at me, the way he holds me, as if no one else in the world exists.

such is life, thankfully everyone here understands, and one of my co-workers also is sponsoring her husband from India so we try to help each other. She has been waiting 8 months and no update on their file, her MP sent an inquiry on her behalf and said they her application was received but not processed yet. I pray for her too, because she goes to India in 2 weeks and it would be so amazing if he got his visa when she is there to come back to canada together.
yea, you're right. its nice being here on this forum where ppl understand what you're going through. :D
I agree its important to send "husband & wife private messages" because this is an important part of the marriage.. especially as newlyweds.
it will help a lot to show this.

it would be nice if they accepted dvds but imagine how time consuming that would be for them if everybody did that.
they might have to change the processing time to a few years :p

New Delhi was one of the VO's on strike, so that might have played a factor.
Alhamdulillah, Morocco didn't go on strike ;D

khayr inshaAllah for you, your co-worker and all of us.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
jamali said:
;D i know what you mean, in the beginning the application, collecting all the proofs and organizing it seemed all so overwhelming and i didn't know where to start ... but luckily for me, it was my husband who organized our chats from msn, skype and facebook while i did the rest, but it was definitely a lot of work ;D
you are so really so lucky your husband helped you. With mine is like pulling teeth lol very painful! but no matter what happens I love him and I will do all possible to have a normal life, together, in one country, here or in Morocco, whatever Allah wills I accept.

One other question, I read age difference is a red flag?! I'm 4 years older than my husband, and apparently in Rabat the VO's say that age difference is not culturally accepted...hmmm well I am not sure where they get that from as my husband's mom is 2 years older than my husband's dad and when they married 33 years ago they were already older and my husband's mom had her first daughter at 29. Should I include the age information of my husband's parents also in the background, timeline info I am preparing to show that age really is not a factor?

goatlove...oh dear better not extending the process to a few years lol. I may just have to quit my job and wait there with him. Good news is I am almost ready with my application, by the end of the weekend should be all ready for courier after the long weekend...inchallah I send it in Eid

Yes NDVO was not processing for a while with the strike.
It is really good Morocco was not affected by the strike action because it's such a small office with not many visa officers and yet they get a lot of requests for all visas, PR, visitor, student, skilled workers etc. so the backlog would have been horrendous.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
oh just wanted to share and forgot. I recently ran into a friend of a friend in a mall parking lot, he heard from a friend of mine in the moroccan community that I got married (Calgary is such a small village lol) and we chatted a bit. He is moroccan and recently sponsored his wife (she is moroccan too), well anyways he applied in February 2013 and she had her interview waived and was here in 4 months from time he applied. So maybe interview waving will happen more often since the rules changed at the end of 2012...inchallah. My wishful thinking :)

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
jomz said:
Already this file is making me crazy. There is a large number of pictures my husband does not want me to send with our application because in the ones in home together, or inside in our villa when we traveled, and during our religious ceremony I did not wear hijab as all men there (my husband and his dad) are mahram to me. I convinced him that we are obligated to provide evidence. Reluctantly, he agreed, but is not very happy. Today he asked me not to send our messages because they are private messages between husband and wife lol I said maybe so, but immigration wants to see them. ;D

I really wish we were allowed to send in DVDs, if the VO saw the 4 hour DVD of our big wedding reception they wouldn't need to see anything else lol I watch it and I cry each time, all my friends and co-workers that have seen it, have said straight out that that they can actually feel how much he loves me, the way he looks at me, the way he holds me, as if no one else in the world exists.

such is life, thankfully everyone here understands, and one of my co-workers also is sponsoring her husband from India so we try to help each other. She has been waiting 8 months and no update on their file, her MP sent an inquiry on her behalf and said they her application was received but not processed yet. I pray for her too, because she goes to India in 2 weeks and it would be so amazing if he got his visa when she is there to come back to canada together.
My husband also did not want to send even pictures of him giving me a kiss along with our private chats etc. But the person who helped review all our papers before sending them off put it this way: *If you do not send details of your relationship as a couple they could ask for an interview. In the interview you will have to sit there telling them your intimate details. Which is better? On paper and you never meet the person reading this or face to face?*
It helped my husband get through the fact that we had to expose our intimate details.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
FatimZahra said:
My husband also did not want to send even pictures of him giving me a kiss along with our private chats etc. But the person who helped review all our papers before sending them off put it this way: *If you do not send details of your relationship as a couple they could ask for an interview. In the interview you will have to sit there telling them your intimate details. Which is better? On paper and you never meet the person reading this or face to face?*
It helped my husband get through the fact that we had to expose our intimate details.
Salam alikom FatimZahra yes you are right, after getting so much great advice I know what we have to do, he is just reluctant, it scares me to even think what will happen in an interview when he has one. hehe In the end it's it's out of our hands. From your timeline it seems your process went on a long time, your husband had 2 interviews?

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
jomz said:
you are so really so lucky your husband helped you. With mine is like pulling teeth lol very painful! but no matter what happens I love him and I will do all possible to have a normal life, together, in one country, here or in Morocco, whatever Allah wills I accept.

One other question, I read age difference is a red flag?! I'm 4 years older than my husband, and apparently in Rabat the VO's say that age difference is not culturally accepted...hmmm well I am not sure where they get that from as my husband's mom is 2 years older than my husband's dad and when they married 33 years ago they were already older and my husband's mom had her first daughter at 29. Should I include the age information of my husband's parents also in the background, timeline info I am preparing to show that age really is not a factor?
while age difference is a red flag, your 4 year difference is nothing at all .. i've seen some on here where the age difference is 20+ years. hmmm your age difference seems so insignificant but yes i think it's a good idea to include the age information in the background, just to show them it's not a big deal to you and your husband ... any bit of information helps ... because who knows what preconceived beliefs that the VOs hold :eek:

Also, i have seen on here where the interview is waived, such as your friend, they mostly got waived the interview because they're both from Morocco, therefore, same background, same culture/religion, etc etc ... but wow 4 months!! lucky them .. lol

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
jamali said:
while age difference is a red flag, your 4 year difference is nothing at all .. i've seen some on here where the age difference is 20+ years. hmmm your age difference seems so insignificant but yes i think it's a good idea to include the age information in the background, just to show them it's not a big deal to you and your husband ... any bit of information helps ... because who knows what preconceived beliefs that the VOs hold :eek:

Also, i have seen on here where the interview is waived, such as your friend, they mostly got waived the interview because they're both from Morocco, therefore, same background, same culture/religion, etc etc ... but wow 4 months!! lucky them .. lol
thanks Jamali!!!! That's good to hear our age difference is insignificant, I will include a bit of information with respect to our parents as well.
You know I am happy for them and I hope their marriage is real , but I know so many that marry from the same country and once their spouse comes here it just doesn't work out. It has nothing to do with fraud, but everything to do with life and compatibility between 2 people (the only reason marriages between different backgrounds/cultures fail is because the 2 people in the marriage don't want to compromise and accept the other one for who they are), bottom line is marriges fail not because of fraud (if this was the case than we can say more than 50% marriages in Canada between Canadians are fradulent). Yes there is a number of actual fraud, but those are contract marriages, and the only way to find these is a need by the government to track money. Basically, no matter what the situation in all of the cases, marriage is not fradulent unless an agreement is made between the people being married that they are doing this for papers and one person gets paid large amount of money to sponsor the other. Otherwise, a marriage is just that, a partnership, some work, some fail, in every country, in any country, between different races and nations, mixed marriages with cultural/background diferences or marriages between family members where there are no clutural/background diferences are sometimes successful and sometimes not. If only CIC saw it this way there would be much less red tape and they would actually have the time and be able to put more effort into stopping illigal immigration and real fradulent applications

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
jomz said:
thanks Jamali!!!! That's good to hear our age difference is insignificant, I will include a bit of information with respect to our parents as well.
You know I am happy for them and I hope their marriage is real , but I know so many that marry from the same country and once their spouse comes here it just doesn't work out. It has nothing to do with fraud, but everything to do with life and compatibility between 2 people (the only reason marriages between different backgrounds/cultures fail is because the 2 people in the marriage don't want to compromise and accept the other one for who they are), bottom line is marriges fail not because of fraud (if this was the case than we can say more than 50% marriages in Canada between Canadians are fradulent). Yes there is a number of actual fraud, but those are contract marriages, and the only way to find these is a need by the government to track money. Basically, no matter what the situation in all of the cases, marriage is not fradulent unless an agreement is made between the people being married that they are doing this for papers and one person gets paid large amount of money to sponsor the other. Otherwise, a marriage is just that, a partnership, some work, some fail, in every country, in any country, between different races and nations, mixed marriages with cultural/background diferences or marriages between family members where there are no clutural/background diferences are sometimes successful and sometimes not. If only CIC saw it this way there would be much less red tape and they would actually have the time and be able to put more effort into stopping illigal immigration and real fradulent applications
you're welcome

you're right about marriages ... right now the difficult thing for us is the long distance and having to go through this immigration process, we tend to forget that once our loved ones are here, there will be an adjustment and not everything will be a dream land when they get here ... lol ... our loved ones only know us in the capacity of when we're visiting them in Morocco, but here, they will see that we have a different life filled with roles and responsibilities... so for some it sure to be an adjustment

i think the fraud they most look out for is the kind in which it is a marriage of convenience for one person while it is genuine for another. i know this happens a lot, even on this forum, i've seen people who are trying their best to get their loved ones here and when they are successful, they come back to the forum some time later to inform everyone that his or her loved one turned out to be a fraud which is so unfortunate .. i know it happens a lot and there are probably many others who don't even admit that they were too victims of fraud due to their pride .... interestingly enough, when i was reading the travel advisories for different countries, as far as i could see, it was only listed under Morocco where they warned people of marriage of convenience ;D but in reality, it does happen all over the world.

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
jomz said:
Salam alikom FatimZahra yes you are right, after getting so much great advice I know what we have to do, he is just reluctant, it scares me to even think what will happen in an interview when he has one. hehe In the end it's it's out of our hands. From your timeline it seems your process went on a long time, your husband had 2 interviews?
Hi Jomz, when we applied it was 10 months processing in Rabat. The application was sent to Rabat June 2011 and was approved March 15, 2012. They then asked that he pick up his visa April 18th. It was long and frustrating but we got through it. We always kept telling each other that one day we will look back on all this frustration and say it was a piece of cake.

When your husband will have his interview they will ask him to bring further proof of your relationship. Which my husband did but he forgot to fill in one date and they asked him to come back to verify the info. It's was nothing to worry about.

My hubby requested the interview in English. They kept asking him if he was sure. LOL He felt if he was going to be living here it's about time he was served in English. The VO he had spoke mainly French so she struggled.

ArlJam

Star Member
Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013/ Re-done on December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
Passport Req..
February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
March 2014
Salam all brothers and sisters, I hope that you all are good :)

Reminding my Muslims' brothers and sisters on this thread to do not forget fasting the day of 'Arafah which is tomorrow insha'Allah (Monday).

our Prophet Peace be upon him said about fasting this special day : “Arafah's fasting removes the sins of the last and the coming year.” [Narrated by Muslim]

God bless you all :)

good luck to everyone and hope you hear good news soon insha'Allah.

ArlJam

Star Member
Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013/ Re-done on December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
Passport Req..
February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
March 2014
Salam again to all,

it's very quiet on this thread right now.. I am typing this to say : Eid Mubarak to everyone ''Happy Eid'' :)

May all your days be full of joy and happiness insha'Allah :)

enigma1998

Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-22-2013
Doc's Request.
October-08-2013/ November-17-2014
File Transfer...
September-16-2013/ February-14-2015
Med's Done....
November-2014
Interview........
May/19/2015
Passport Req..
May/19/2015
VISA ISSUED...
May/19/2015
LANDED..........
May/24/2015
hello to all the forums my husband he has an email from VO :

Dear Sir,

We refer to your application aforementioned and ask that your forward as soon as possible the following items so that we can complete its processing :

- Provide details of your personal history since June 2012 up to now (Please use our form "Schedule A background / Declaration" here attached for your answers)

-Proof of contact with your sponsor for the last three months (details phone bill, emails, copy of your correspondences and conversations…)

- Other photos of your wedding and during your travels…

Sincerely

Ambassade du Canada / Canadian Embassy

Service des visas / Visa Section

31 rue Hamza, Agdal, B.P. 709, Rabat

Maroc / Morocco

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
enigma1998 said:

Dear Sir,

We refer to your application aforementioned and ask that your forward as soon as possible the following items so that we can complete its processing :

- Provide details of your personal history since June 2012 up to now (Please use our form "Schedule A background / Declaration" here attached for your answers)

-Proof of contact with your sponsor for the last three months (details phone bill, emails, copy of your correspondences and conversations...)

- Other photos of your wedding and during your travels...

Sincerely

Maroc / Morocco
Hi Enigma .... they are asking for more information regarding your contact with each other, but at least you know they are processing your file. They asked the same from Terry's husband too. They gave him 30 days to submit it. Did they give your husband the same deadline?

Good luck to you and your husband

enigma1998

Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-22-2013
Doc's Request.
October-08-2013/ November-17-2014
File Transfer...
September-16-2013/ February-14-2015
Med's Done....
November-2014
Interview........
May/19/2015
Passport Req..
May/19/2015
VISA ISSUED...
May/19/2015
LANDED..........
May/24/2015
jamali said:
Hi Enigma .... they are asking for more information regarding your contact with each other, but at least you know they are processing your file. They asked the same from Terry's husband too. They gave him 30 days to submit it. Did they give your husband the same deadline?

Good luck to you and your husband
thank you Jamali
they say just as soon as possible

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
enigma1998 said:

Dear Sir,

-Proof of contact with your sponsor for the last three months (details phone bill, emails, copy of your correspondences and conversations...)

- Other photos of your wedding and during your travels...

Sincerely

Maroc / Morocco
Hi enigma
Ya they asked my husband for a lot more then that. But the sooner he gets it to them the better. On the letter it says 30 days and we had it to them 3 days later. Still waiting tho for another response. It is all good, we now know they have received our file.