June 2013
Interview........
November 21/2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2013
LANDED..........
December 5/2013 alham dulillah
jamali said:
that's what i told her ... "if you need a lawyer, save it for the appeal" ... because they do have a lot of red flags .. age difference being the biggest one 8) but her husband was more comfortable this way ... so all the more to them ;D
oohh! I wish them the best. Paris seems to be a looot more chill than Rabat, so at least they have that advantage ;)

jamali said:
so you already have ties to Morocco ... that's great really ... good on you ;D lol
hahaha, you know it ;)

goatlove

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
File Transfer...
June 2013
Interview........
November 21/2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2013
LANDED..........
FatimZahra said:
WOW it's great to see this section of the forum busy again! :D

Some have asked about the length of time it takes. We applied in April 2011, I was approved in May, file transferred in June and finally the visa was approved March 2012. The only reason why a 2nd interview was requested is because hubby forgot to fill in one date. 2nd meds were done because the first had expired. Our file was huge! We had 4 years of chats (msn, skype, yahoo msger), emails, e-cards, pictures from visits/wedding, we even photo copied the airline tickets etc. Keep in mind during our timeline nothing was sent via internet other then correspondence with Rabat visa office. The file I sent was 5.5" high lol We also had the help of our MultiCulture Centre to go over everything before it was shipped out. Hubby was shocked when he picked up his visa because they gave him back the entire file...well they do keep a couple of info pages etc. We now have a book of our life before he arrived.

I noticed some have mentioned attending the interview with their husbands. Unfortunately they do not allow this. Don't know why.

It's such a long process but oh when the VO calls your hubby to tell him to pick up his visa what a feeling!! I wish all of you a speedy process and beautiful news soon. :-*

If you have questions just ask. I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge.
thank you for sharing your story sister. mabrook! ;D
we appreciate the wish and hope it comes true soon inshaAllah haha :-*

goatlove

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
File Transfer...
June 2013
Interview........
November 21/2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2013
LANDED..........
Terry73 said:
Yup and they worked on it a lot. I am surprised they have not showed him on Skype yet.
hehe, maybe they want it to be a surprise 8)
that's sooo cute that they've already made a sign.
I can't wait to meet your precious poopsies inshaAllah :-*

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
goatlove said:
hehe, maybe they want it to be a surprise 8)
that's sooo cute that they've already made a sign.
I can't wait to meet your precious poopsies inshaAllah :-*
They are looking forward to meeting you and your husband. We will all come to see you guys

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Salam alikom everyone.
I am in the process of getting all my paperwork in order so that I can submit my file to Mississauga for stage 1 processing to sponsor my husband from Morocco, I just had all my pictures printed and will probably submit my application next week. I do need advice though as I am uncertain if I am sending too much too little. This whole process is really frustrating lol We have a lot of photos because we had 2 wedding ceremonies. the 1st one was our religious wedding at home with just my husband and his immediate family and 2 months later we had our big wedding reception (fete) with around 60 guests, professional photographers, music band, negafas etc. Do you think I should be sending pictures from both events? We have around 400 photos to date, I went through them and reduced them to 150 for immigration, is this still too much?
I am praying that this process does not take too long, we are having a really hard time, as Im sure everyone else is on this forum. The best of luck to all and hope those who have already applied get some good news quickly.
Any other calgerians here? I am in Calgary my husband lives in Safi, Morocco.

Asiya

goatlove

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
File Transfer...
June 2013
Interview........
November 21/2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2013
LANDED..........
jomz said:
Salam alikom everyone.
I am in the process of getting all my paperwork in order so that I can submit my file to Mississauga for stage 1 processing to sponsor my husband from Morocco, I just had all my pictures printed and will probably submit my application next week. I do need advice though as I am uncertain if I am sending too much too little. This whole process is really frustrating lol We have a lot of photos because we had 2 wedding ceremonies. the 1st one was our religious wedding at home with just my husband and his immediate family and 2 months later we had our big wedding reception (fete) with around 60 guests, professional photographers, music band, negafas etc. Do you think I should be sending pictures from both events? We have around 400 photos to date, I went through them and reduced them to 150 for immigration, is this still too much?
I am praying that this process does not take too long, we are having a really hard time, as Im sure everyone else is on this forum. The best of luck to all and hope those who have already applied get some good news quickly.

Asiya
wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullah sister.

hello and welcome. ;)

yes, for sure I would suggest sending pictures from both events.
the more proof the better, so they can have a good and positive idea about your relationship inshaAllah.
I don't think 150 pictures is too much. we reduced the amount of photos we sent to just under 200 as well.

thank you and wish you all the best too. :D

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
jomz said:
Salam alikom everyone.

Asiya
Hi Asiya,
I am an Albertan, but I am farther north then you. I am in Edmonton. My husband and I sent a lot and they still asked for more since the application went in. It is a long process but we are all here to help one another.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
thank you so much for your reply goatlove and Terry. This forum is great for support and useful information on the process, I've read back all posts concerning sponsoring from Morocco and it kind of gives me an idea of what's ahead.

It's been a few months since you submitted inchallah you will hear some good news soon. :)

Has anyone written a timeline with all the supporting documents? The problem I have is with getting correspondence between my husband dating back to when we initially met in January 2012. In all honesty, I met him in Morocco by pure coincidence and we talked once in a while (sometimes once a week, sometimes once every two weeks), just as friends, so it never crossed my mind to keep anything from those days. Our relationship progressed rather very very slowly, and only this past January 2013 we started talking frequently and more seriously about our future together. Should I write an explanation just in case?

goatlove

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
File Transfer...
June 2013
Interview........
November 21/2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2013
LANDED..........
jomz said:
thank you so much for your reply goatlove and Terry. This forum is great for support and useful information on the process, I've read back all posts concerning sponsoring from Morocco and it kind of gives me an idea of what's ahead.

It's been a few months since you submitted inchallah you will hear some good news soon. :)

Has anyone written a timeline with all the supporting documents? The problem I have is with getting correspondence between my husband dating back to when we initially met in January 2012. In all honesty, I met him in Morocco by pure coincidence and we talked once in a while (sometimes once a week, sometimes once every two weeks), just as friends, so it never crossed my mind to keep anything from those days. Our relationship progressed rather very very slowly, and only this past January 2013 we started talking frequently and more seriously about our future together. Should I write an explanation just in case?
I think it's best to tell them the full story with the entire timeline. it doesn't have to include every single little detail but just so it's well written and explained. it's important to explain how your relationship progressed for sure. try not to overthink it too much :) Basically detailed but simplified is what I think is good. as you can see, all these major questions about your relationship, are on your hubby's forms... so just be sure to check everything over a few times and inshaAllah it will be great. ;D take your time too.

God be with you <3

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
jomz said:

If you met in Morocco there is the first thing you need is the tickets to show you were there. If you have phone bills that also helps. And any correspondence on MSN, Skype or Facebook. It may not seam like a lot but it does add up. Pictures of your first time you met and to this date. And the explanation that Goatlove told you is a good idea also. Explain the situation and that will help. Just make it real and to the point.

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
Hi Jomz, welcome to the forum

i see Goatlove and Terry have already provided you with some great advice :D

... so all i can say is welcome to the forum and best of luck to you and your husband

i hope we all have good news soon insha'Allah

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
thank you Jamali. Inshallah you will hear something soon, from your timeline it seems any day now you should have some news.
I started writing my timeline today, and also I want to give some background information to the VO who will be looking at my file. I am not sure if it will matter to them or not, but I will try to give as much information as possible to avoid any questions they may have.

I wish you and your husband all the best too! :)

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
jomz said:
thank you Jamali. Inshallah you will hear something soon, from your timeline it seems any day now you should have some news.
I started writing my timeline today, and also I want to give some background information to the VO who will be looking at my file. I am not sure if it will matter to them or not, but I will try to give as much information as possible to avoid any questions they may have.

I wish you and your husband all the best too! :)
you're welcome Jomz ... that is what i did too, i provided an in depth timeline just to give them an idea to how our relationship progressed ... i'm sure having a timeline would be helpful to them just to make the application more clearer ;D

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Already this file is making me crazy. There is a large number of pictures my husband does not want me to send with our application because in the ones in home together, or inside in our villa when we traveled, and during our religious ceremony I did not wear hijab as all men there (my husband and his dad) are mahram to me. I convinced him that we are obligated to provide evidence. Reluctantly, he agreed, but is not very happy. Today he asked me not to send our messages because they are private messages between husband and wife lol I said maybe so, but immigration wants to see them. ;D

I really wish we were allowed to send in DVDs, if the VO saw the 4 hour DVD of our big wedding reception they wouldn't need to see anything else lol I watch it and I cry each time, all my friends and co-workers that have seen it, have said straight out that that they can actually feel how much he loves me, the way he looks at me, the way he holds me, as if no one else in the world exists.

such is life, thankfully everyone here understands, and one of my co-workers also is sponsoring her husband from India so we try to help each other. She has been waiting 8 months and no update on their file, her MP sent an inquiry on her behalf and said they her application was received but not processed yet. I pray for her too, because she goes to India in 2 weeks and it would be so amazing if he got his visa when she is there to come back to canada together.

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
jomz said:
Already this file is making me crazy. There is a large number of pictures my husband does not want me to send with our application because in the ones in home together, or inside in our villa when we traveled, and during our religious ceremony I did not wear hijab as all men there (my husband and his dad) are mahram to me. I convinced him that we are obligated to provide evidence. Reluctantly, he agreed, but is not very happy. Today he asked me not to send our messages because they are private messages between husband and wife lol I said maybe so, but immigration wants to see them. ;D

I really wish we were allowed to send in DVDs, if the VO saw the 4 hour DVD of our big wedding reception they wouldn't need to see anything else lol I watch it and I cry each time, all my friends and co-workers that have seen it, have said straight out that that they can actually feel how much he loves me, the way he looks at me, the way he holds me, as if no one else in the world exists.

such is life, thankfully everyone here understands, and one of my co-workers also is sponsoring her husband from India so we try to help each other. She has been waiting 8 months and no update on their file, her MP sent an inquiry on her behalf and said they her application was received but not processed yet. I pray for her too, because she goes to India in 2 weeks and it would be so amazing if he got his visa when she is there to come back to canada together.
;D i know what you mean, in the beginning the application, collecting all the proofs and organizing it seemed all so overwhelming and i didn't know where to start ... but luckily for me, it was my husband who organized our chats from msn, skype and facebook while i did the rest, but it was definitely a lot of work ;D