Passport Req..
16-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2012
afrosebd2002 said:
Hi All,

I send a mail in SG last week today i got a reply like this

Dear Dina Afrose Chowdhury,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

Your application is pending review. Please wait to hear from us.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section | Section d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut Commissariat du Canada
Singapore | Singapour

Could anyone tell me what does they mean? I can't understand what is this. Pls help me.......
hi afrose. We have similar timelines we just have to be patient. Atleast you got a reply i had written to them about two weeks back still no reply. The first couple of times i had wriiten to them the replies were very quick now i dont know why they dnt reply. Also as shiny said there is no need to use real name to be on safe side.

watsonwoo

Nov 12, 2006
watsonwoo said:
Hi all:

I found out that the Canadian Visa Office in Singapore has started to process the PR for my wife on Feb 05, 2012.
I just wanted to share.

Thank you.

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Singapore
App. Filed.......: 27-Sep-2011
App. Processed...: 08-Dec-2011
Med's Received....: 27-Sep-2011
PR status........: In Process
PR process.......: 05-Feb-2012
Interview........: ?
Passport Req..: ?
VISA ISSUED...: ?
LANDED..........: ?
My wife told me that she received a letter around March 22, 2012 requesting for updated Police record certificate and her passport.

Passport Req: March 22, 2012.

Just wanted to let you all know.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
calvinh said:
hi afrose. We have similar timelines we just have to be patient. Atleast you got a reply i had written to them about two weeks back still no reply. The first couple of times i had wriiten to them the replies were very quick now i dont know why they dnt reply. Also as shiny said there is no need to use real name to be on safe side.
Your file is in process right? So don't worry. You will get your PPR very soon.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/canada-looks-speed-entry-skilled-foreign-workers-214026718.html And how about the canadian living apart from their spouse?THEY WILL WORK TOO when they come to canada,SO WHY not speed up the damn process for family class sponsorship FIRST tabarnak! :eek:

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Shaheenaz said:
They did the same to me. I got same warning, then I called them. They said I only can talk 60 min per day:( Now we got back to yahoo again. yes we also didn't know we have to take snapshot from voice chat. Since last week we started taking snapshot. Shiny you can submit phone card as a proof because my cousin did that when he sponsored his wife. They used to communicate with phone and he used to buy phone cards. He submitted all phone cards to immigration as a proof.
You could get back the line using a friend,family's identity as i did ,theres no contract or bills, we pay before use,so its good. Well they told me i can speak 2hrs max per day not 1...hmmm...If calling cards are proof then i still have all of them over 2500dlrs,i will put them all in my luggage.NO JOKE :-\

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
mirjahan said:
Calling card used to be proof not anymore. I never had any chance to use unlimited call to Bangladesh. I used per per use 3 cent per minutes. Before BD Gov used to charge 2 cent per minutes for incoming isd call to bd now they increase to 3 cent per minutes. Now i pay 4.3 cents per minute.
If you have unlimited calling plan to Bangladesh , there is no unlimited always there is a limit, if you passed 3000 minutes per month then your account red flag. Since BD Gov increase charge so minute will be reduce. In Montreal no one give unlimited or any VoIp company :(. Only Bell Canada give unlimited call to 60 countries include BD mobile and landline. Line is not always clear.
Since 2 years maybe more CRTC ruled number has to be show (Dialer number) even you call by using calling card.
When you call BD ask them if your number shows other end then BD BTCI receive 3 cents from your telephone provider and line will be clear if shows any BD number not your real phone no then BD BTCI receive nothing and line will not clear, buggy, noisy.

I use per per use bit costly but clear voice. In my home i always have Bell Canada unlimited 60 counties. They charge 34.99 per month.
Yes i guess theres no Wind service in Quebec yet,maybe its gonna come sometime soon,they are getting very popular.And of course they say infinite=unlimited, but its not unlimited,i even called customer service and asked to give me the definition of infinite LOL that guy was speechless for couple of seconds then told me the bullcr8p reason..I dont wanna pay per minute as i talk countless hours lol. I heard calling cards are not proofs, i wonder if theres any link you can refer me to,to confirm that, I think even tho its not a proof i wanna bring them to bd, for the interview..and see what they say lol :-\

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
Amy612 said:
I use wind mobile for unlimited Bangladesh calling. Today they sent me a warning email. It says if i continue this voice call, they will cancel my unlimited Bangladesh plan and charge me pay per use... Hahaha..
Shiny88 said:
LOL OMG me too!!! the first one year with wind,they gave me few warnings and they cut my infinite bangladesh in december2011 say that i do overusage(for one year straight i spoke like 4,5hours lol after one year they realized its time to cut), then i went to the store told them i dont know why they cut it.Called customer service then they put it back and cut it again the very next day they removed forever.Then i took the line with my sister in law`s name(she is not even bangali LOL)And again they gave me 2warning since december, and the first week of april they cut it saying until the next payment date its gonna be pay per use,so the 13of April i will have the infinite bangladesh again.So ive been using calling cards for the past couple of days. !haha but i dont want them to remove again , then i dont know whos name i will take with lol i wont abuse the calls anymore (*wink) ::)
Shaheenaz said:
They did the same to me. I got same warning, then I called them. They said I only can talk 60 min per day:( Now we got back to yahoo again. yes we also didn't know we have to take snapshot from voice chat. Since last week we started taking snapshot. Shiny you can submit phone card as a proof because my cousin did that when he sponsored his wife. They used to communicate with phone and he used to buy phone cards. He submitted all phone cards to immigration as a proof.

I got from skype landline n mobile ... u can use 6 hours everyday. 10,000 min month $49.99

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Shiny88 said:
Yes i guess theres no Wind service in Quebec yet,maybe its gonna come sometime soon,they are getting very popular.And of course they say infinite=unlimited, but its not unlimited,i even called customer service and asked to give me the definition of infinite LOL that guy was speechless for couple of seconds then told me the bullcr8p reason..I dont wanna pay per minute as i talk countless hours lol. I heard calling cards are not proofs, i wonder if theres any link you can refer me to,to confirm that, I think even tho its not a proof i wanna bring them to bd, for the interview..and see what they say lol :-\
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf on page 15 is written

Note: Photos must be loose; do not send them in binders, albums, frames or other such containers.
Do not send video discs or video cassettes. Do not send musical greeeting cards or other similar
documents containing electronic or mechanical devices. Telephone calling cards are not acceptable
proof and should not be submitted. For such calling cards, you must provide a record issued by the
telephone company of calls made with the cards.

To call unlimited Bangladesh , i am sure you may not find any company if you find line will not be clear as per per use.
reason Bangladesh BTCI charge 3 cents per minute each international incoming call to Bangladesh.
I use simplecall and sntalk there minutes are accurate and round by one minute. I have all call log access throughout the internet and i printed them, to show as a proof. It shows my number and my wife number duration and time plus amount they charged. There line is clear no buggy.
Beware do not go post paid base pay per use. Their round minutes 5 minutes or 15 minutes. Always is better prepaid pay per use.
Here Fido gives unlimited to Bangladesh for 20$ and no call log beware. Bell Canada gives unlimited to Bangladesh for 35$ they gives call logs too.
I wish you good luck and before landing to BD prepare for hot steam with seasonal fruits.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
blues said:
shiny, he had his interview on the 28th, unlike mirjahan's friends' he didn't hear anything back from them about getting the visa on the spot.. so..
hey just curious to know,have you heard anything yet?

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
mirjahan said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf on page 15 is written

Note: Photos must be loose; do not send them in binders, albums, frames or other such containers.
Do not send video discs or video cassettes. Do not send musical greeeting cards or other similar
documents containing electronic or mechanical devices. Telephone calling cards are not acceptable
proof and should not be submitted. For such calling cards, you must provide a record issued by the
telephone company of calls made with the cards.

To call unlimited Bangladesh , i am sure you may not find any company if you find line will not be clear as per per use.
reason Bangladesh BTCI charge 3 cents per minute each international incoming call to Bangladesh.
I use simplecall and sntalk there minutes are accurate and round by one minute. I have all call log access throughout the internet and i printed them, to show as a proof. It shows my number and my wife number duration and time plus amount they charged. There line is clear no buggy.
Beware do not go post paid base pay per use. Their round minutes 5 minutes or 15 minutes. Always is better prepaid pay per use.
Here Fido gives unlimited to Bangladesh for 20$ and no call log beware. Bell Canada gives unlimited to Bangladesh for 35$ they gives call logs too.
I wish you good luck and before landing to BD prepare for hot steam with seasonal fruits.
Thank you very much for the info and link,i really appreciate it.So i guess callings cards is out of question for proof.:( Yes i ve never been in bd at that time of the year,ill return with sun burn and dark skin i guess :D

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
alibaba_ctg said:
I got from skype landline n mobile ... u can use 6 hours everyday. 10,000 min month $49.99
Cool! is that right, how is the connection it cuts,voice clear..? I might get it,not sure.How you pay credit card?

calvinh

Mar 25, 2012
bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
AOR Received.
13-01-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
16-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2012
Amy612 said:
Your file is in process right? So don't worry. You will get your PPR very soon.
Yep my file has been in process since January, 2012. Before Jan I had sent Sing an email asking that I haven't received a file number to which they replied " my file has been reviewed please send police clearance certificates for countries where you have lived for more than six months". I immediately sent my FBI clearance report and also sent them an email asking if they had received my FBI clearance report to which they replied with one word "received". About one week after they received FBi clearance report they returned my wedding pics and card but without any letter explaining why they were returned. I sent them an email asking why they were returned but its been over two weeks now and still no reply. :)

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
calvinh said:
Yep my file has been in process since January, 2012. Before Jan I had sent Sing an email asking that I haven't received a file number to which they replied " my file has been reviewed please send police clearance certificates for countries where you have lived for more than six months". I immediately sent my FBI clearance report and also sent them an email asking if they had received my FBI clearance report to which they replied with one word "received". About one week after they received FBi clearance report they returned my wedding pics and card but without any letter explaining why they were returned. I sent them an email asking why they were returned but its been over two weeks now and still no reply. :)
I think they are processing your PPR. I read cases who got their photos back without letter. After that they received PPR and remedical letter. May be they are wiating for your Background clearence right now. So be positive. You are not in their interview list for sure.
Has Your ecas been shown in process after you sending them the FBI clearence?

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
I am so confused about singapore's reply. What is the difference between "still In process" , "pending review by VO" and "has been reviewd by VO"?
Is there anyone who can clarify these terms?

calvinh

Mar 25, 2012
bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
AOR Received.
13-01-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
16-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2012
Amy612 said:
I think they are processing your PPR. I read cases who got their photos back without letter. After that they received PPR and remedical letter. May be they are wiating for your Background clearence right now. So be positive. You are not in their interview list for sure.
Has Your ecas been shown in process after you sending them the FBI clearence?
My file was "in process" since Jan, 2012 before sending them FBI clearance. Don't know about sing VO very confusing, some ppl whose timelines are after me have already got their PPR. Anyways will think positive :) It wouldn't be so bad if they just replied to my email, just not knowing is driving me nuts :)