16/01/2012
Passport Req..
18/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2012
LANDED..........
08/11/2012
suva said:
SG is very efficient only in issuing interview letters. i guess they are not intelligent enough to evaluate the applications in first place. so they take the easy way...that is an interview. they never update the ecas. i dont know whats wrong with them, do they need proper training??
Yeah, I really don't know why they even have ECAS if they aren't even going to use it properly, if at all. ECAS itself seems to be extremely simple and only provides VERY limited information anyway. Its the least they could do to actually keep people up to date with such an important thing in people's lives. I'm sure someone with only very limited computer skills would be able to do such a simple task as updating that...

mirjahan said:
Normally when they return your proof mean positive but why they are ask you for interview list, weird. Now they send interview list almost everyone one and maybe they by random.
In my view 250 photos are lot and it can be an issue for interview. I am not sure order GCMS notes you will see. Now i thing i will be next victim for interview list hope not. Pray for me. Sended 18 photos only and call logs no other supporting couments. :( Except require documents.
Yeah, not sure why they decided to return so much. Maybe because we submitted so much, who knows. Me and my wife just went through what they sent us back and we noticed that the only things they did not send back were letters from friends and family that we submitted. Any ideas?

Wiggie

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2011
File Transfer...
09/06/2011
Med's Request
14/05/2012
Med's Done....
Original 26/04/2011 Re-medical 15/05/2012
Interview........
16/01/2012
Passport Req..
18/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2012
LANDED..........
08/11/2012
Oh, and also. Why can't they include more details in the interview letter such as their reasons for issuing the interview in the first place? As I've seen on other people's posts that when people order CAIPS there is maybe only a sentence worth of information explaining why they need an interview. Seems silly that people have to go through ordering the notes and waiting just to know a sentence worth of information that they could simply include on a less generic interview letter...

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
My wife got a phone call and a letter saying that she is on an interview list 20 months from now. I have not read the letter myself. So I can't really comment. I do not know if she got her file number yet. Today she is going to a Pagoda outside HCM city. I hope she prays for better timing. My wife has a 5 year old and I would really like that her son start grade 1 here in Canada. Unlikely if the wait is 20 months plus pass porte back and forth.

I feel like writing to Singapore that she can travel for interview. Maybe she will obtain a better date. I am not even sure if this is a good idea. I have to see the letter.

Has anyone been put on the interview list from Vietnam and got a ridiculous waiting time like 18+ months?

I am not sure what their intent is but I understand the message. Everyone that is not a bonafide marriage with past living history and children. a) goes to interview b) has a good chance of being refused. Scary stuff.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
It's sems singapore likes to put everyone in the interview list. Now I am really scared about my case. My husband did nont apply for PR when I applied in 2007. He was a non accompanying spouse. Now I am sponsoring my husband and dependednt son. I thought my case is very genuine and they will not ask for interview. Now I am really scared. may be they will ask for interview bcz of why he didnt apply before. I hope they wont....

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
so now it is clear that while submitting the application we dont need to be very serious and careful. because they are going to call for the interview anyway no matter how strong your case is. no point of wasting precious time for gathering supporting documents and proofs of relationship. just chill and we gotta remember that 2.5+ years will be wasted from our lives.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
suva said:
so now it is clear that while submitting the application we dont need to be very serious and careful. because they are going to call for the interview anyway no matter how strong your case is. no point of wasting precious time for gathering supporting documents and proofs of relationship. just chill and we gotta remember that 2.5+ years will be wasted from our lives.
I can imagine its very frustrating waiting through this process, but please don't even joke about putting in a weak application in case someone thinks you are serious and ends up with a refusal for doing so. They do NOT interview everyone and my wife had her PR in four months after we applied to SG so it is possible and we are not the only ones... just make your app as strong as you can and be prepared for the worst.. and hope for the best.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
Bangkokcanuck said:
I can imagine its very frustrating waiting through this process, but please don't even joke about putting in a weak application in case someone thinks you are serious and ends up with a refusal for doing so. They do NOT interview everyone and my wife had her PR in four months after we applied to SG so it is possible and we are not the only ones... just make your app as strong as you can and be prepared for the worst.. and hope for the best.
sorry mate. but it came out of frustration. they dont even upate the ecas. and we dont know whats going on. refusal rate is 43% and i am sure that not all of them are fraud. refusal after interview means another 2+years for appeal. so all together 4.5 years staying apart. my advice to all applicants is... dont apply just after getting married, wait until u have enough proofs, take lots of photos together and with the family members, get proofs that your friends and family members are aware of your relationship, collect cal records showing that u and your spouse talk for atleast a hour per day, write history of your relationship from both ends, and ofcourse pray a lot. good luck

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
suva said:
sorry mate. but it came out of frustration. they dont even upate the ecas. and we dont know whats going on. refusal rate is 43% and i am sure that not all of them are fraud. refusal after interview means another 2+years for appeal. so all together 4.5 years staying apart.
I hear you and my heart goes out to all the people stuck in such a situation it must really really suck I can't even begin to imagine it. There is no question that the communication channels are totally broken and I think most people would be happy to just be kept up to date on a regular basis, I know I hated it when we were waiting. I do recall that they changed our ECAS thingy and it took away a bunch of stuff from it and days later we got the letter saying we were approved, it is hell waiting and they truly have a mucked up system... but it is all we have to work with it right now.

my advice to all applicants is... dont apply just after getting married, wait until u have enough proofs, take lots of photos together and with the family members, get proofs that your friends and family members are aware of your relationship, collect cal records showing that u and your spouse talk for atleast a hour per day, write history of your relationship from both ends, and ofcourse pray a lot. good luck
I am not sure if how long you have been married is the main thing, people might have been dating for 7 years and been married for three months they might have a ton of proof... all you can do is put in the most complete solid application you can and as long as you know in your own heart that your relationship is real just hang in there and sooner or later it will work out for the best.

skam

Aug 11, 2011
suva said:
sorry mate. but it came out of frustration. they dont even upate the ecas. and we dont know whats going on. refusal rate is 43% and i am sure that not all of them are fraud. refusal after interview means another 2+years for appeal. so all together 4.5 years staying apart. my advice to all applicants is... dont apply just after getting married, wait until u have enough proofs, take lots of photos together and with the family members, get proofs that your friends and family members are aware of your relationship, collect cal records showing that u and your spouse talk for atleast a hour per day, write history of your relationship from both ends, and ofcourse pray a lot. good luck
not necessarily.. i would say don apply too late. apply ass soon as possible. have some solid proof, example group photos of weeding pics, pics of food arrangement in weeding day with bride & groom present in the pics. i didn't send 200+ photos. i just sended may be 30 pics. but all solid ones with me and her in it and different people in each pics on our weeding day. pics from our honeymoon me holding her by the beach nd soo on, may be bit personal but hey i don wanna give them a chance to doubt our relationship. phone bills with phone number showing proofing that i am talking to her almost 2 to 3 hours in a day. spending 40 bucks a week on international calls. don't send calling cards. that don't prove nything. boarding passes of me going there. entry and exit stamps on my passport from the airport. nd soo on. be solid. for my wife singapore had our file only for 40 days. on the 50th day she got a letter saying they are ready to issue her visa and to submit the passport to embassy. right now we are waiting to get back the passport. so yeah. just put your self in their shoes and think if u were the officer would you doubt the relationship. thats how i did it.

and yeah website takes loong time to update. 1 week after my wife got approval letter they updated the website to in process almost 40 days after she got the approval letter just last week they updated the website to decision made. so yeah they are lousy @ updating the website.

but i would say waiting is a bad idea. specially if u end up having 5 year old son or daughter then deciding to sponsor them. that telling them on their face that i am human trafficking. there for causing problem for genuine people like us. or if it is the second marriage. or either you or ur spouse have been criminally charged, or been involved in fraud, even getting charged for drunk driving is enough to delay.. etc etc. if u have ny of those then don't be surprised about late processing.

skam

Aug 11, 2011
Wiggie said:
Hey guys,

Unfortunately got some very bad news today. Received all of our proof we submitted with our application in the mail. There were 3 packages total (seems as if that wasn't good enough proof for them ::) ) Each of the packages contained the generic letter that everyone gets when they are required for an interview. No useful information other than waiting for an interview can be up to 24 monthes :'( and that they will of course contact us when they get the date for the interview. I guess you can add us to the long list of people on here getting requests for interviews...

Me and my wife are living in Thailand by the way so hopefully the interview que isn't too long for this country (although I doubt it ???)

Thinking about ordering CAIPS soon to find out why exactly they weren't satisfied. I guess over 250 photos of us together from the past 2.5 years along with many inches thick of other proof wasn't good enough for them.

Oh yeah and our timeline is as follows:
Received app to sponsor in Mississauga - May 2, 2011
Sponsor approved - May 31, 2011
Singapore received - June 9, 2011
Sent our proof/interview request letter - Oct 11, 2011
Actually received it in mail - Nov 11, 2011

(and our ECAS was never updated to In Process of course)

Don't know what we are supposed to do here for possibly the next 2 years while waiting :'(
This Immigration system is so broken I don't even know where to begin...
why did you take 2.5 years man. what happened during those 2.5 year. u didn't feel like being with ur wife?? common man thats where u made the mistake. u shouldn't have taken more then 3 month to apply. u just called it upon urself, giving the officer chance to question what happened for those 2.5 years. now your spouse have wait another 2 years just to answer the question in the interview why after 2.5 years.

LiveUnlimited

Nov 13, 2011
Hi everybody,
I am new in this forum, but I had been visiting this forum for last 2 months. I did not knew about this forum before I sent my application. This forum really help to prepare application. Today I would like to share good news with you. I was worried about my application until tonight.
Still I cannot believe it, our application is approved so quickly comparing other applicants in Singapore VO.

I have sent application on July 28 in cic-M.
Got sponsorship approval on Oct 5.

In e-cas it showed: first time showed "in process" on Nov 2.

We received your application for permanent residence on July 29, 2011.
We started processing your application on October 25, 2011.
Medical results have been received.

Tonight I got a call from backhome that they got a letter for passport request. I was so happy. It took 3 months 4 days to get passport request from the date of original application into CIC-M.
BTW, I filled up the new digital generic form which generates bar code of the main application form.
I do not know if that makes any difference comparing previouse hand written filled up form or not.
I know how difficult is it to wait and wait.
I wish good luck everybody so that sin VO will process quickly.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
LiveUnlimited said:
Hi everybody,
I am new in this forum, but I had been visiting this forum for last 2 months. I did not knew about this forum before I sent my application. This forum really help to prepare application. Today I would like to share good news with you. I was worried about my application until tonight.
Still I cannot believe it, our application is approved so quickly comparing other applicants in Singapore VO.

I have sent application on July 28 in cic-M.
Got sponsorship approval on Oct 5.

In e-cas it showed: first time showed "in process" on Nov 2.

We received your application for permanent residence on July 29, 2011.
We started processing your application on October 25, 2011.
Medical results have been received.

Tonight I got a call from backhome that they got a letter for passport request. I was so happy. It took 3 months 4 days to get passport request from the date of original application into CIC-M.
BTW, I filled up the new digital generic form which generates bar code of the main application form.
I do not know if that makes any difference comparing previouse hand written filled up form or not.
I know how difficult is it to wait and wait.
I wish good luck everybody so that sin VO will process quickly.
your time line looks fishy
you send your application 28 july 2011 and Singapore receives your PR appoication after one one day send your application and before sponsor approval.
please do not make time like joke and make us worry thank you

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
mirjahan said:
your time line looks fishy
you send your application 28 july 2011 and Singapore receives your PR appoication after one one day send your application and before sponsor approval.
please do not make time like joke and make us worry thank you
he is right. for me its saying we received your application for permanent residentship on 20th july 2011. actually on that day we filed our application. however very fast process.

Wiggie

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2011
File Transfer...
09/06/2011
Med's Request
14/05/2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
16/01/2012
Passport Req..
18/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2012
LANDED..........
08/11/2012
skam said:
why did you take 2.5 years man. what happened during those 2.5 year. u didn't feel like being with ur wife?? common man thats where u made the mistake. u shouldn't have taken more then 3 month to apply. u just called it upon urself, giving the officer chance to question what happened for those 2.5 years. now your spouse have wait another 2 years just to answer the question in the interview why after 2.5 years.
At which point during what I said did I ever say I was away from my wife for 2.5 years? I have been WITH HER for the last 2.5 years (as long as we have been together) And as for not wanting to be with my wife? I moved from Canada to Thailand just as she had to leave to be with her and I have been living with her in Thailand for the past 8 months as well as we were living together in Canada up until that as well. I said that we submitted 250 + photos of us TOGETHER from the past 2.5 years, not photos of us together from 2.5 years ago...

You clearly misinterpreted my post.

Wiggie

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2011
File Transfer...
09/06/2011
Med's Request
14/05/2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
16/01/2012
Passport Req..
18/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2012
LANDED..........
08/11/2012
About my last post. Sorry if I came off as being really upset, it wasn't my intention. Just clearing things up : )