Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
skam said:
hey guys, another question, my wife dropped her passport in Bangladesh embassy to send it away to Singapore for visa, now when they send it back to Bangladesh embassy, how are they going to let us know when its ready for pick up? are the going to call or send letter?? every single time my wife calls BD embassy for info they always direct her to automated machine which only ask to visit cic website, & of course the website is never updated.
They takes 4-6 weeks passport back in Bangladesh and to collect.

If this is your time line then you are super super fast. Could you tell us what supporting documents you submitted. That your application process super quick.

app received in Mississauga June 10th 2011
Mississauga started processing Aug 20 2011
Singapore received app Aug 27 2011
started processing Oct 5th 2011
received letter requesting passport Oct 12 2011
dropped passport to Bangladesh embassy Oct 18 2011
Still waiting for Passport with Visa stamped.

So you may expect getting passport mid or end of Nov, 2011

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
What's wrong with processing time... why they reverse back to old time 21 months.
Is that Oct 27, 2011 update is a joke or April fool? Or they are planing to do big change?
I want my wife file start process,, already 5 months is running ,, now they can start process.. gush

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
skam said:
very convincing invitation letter from me & certified by an officer,
Thanks SKAM for sharing this information.
just one question, what do you mean by "invitation letter certified by an officer"? Which officer is that?

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
stupidrim said:
Thanks SKAM for sharing this information.
just one question, what do you mean by "invitation letter certified by an officer"? Which officer is that?
notary

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
mirjahan said:
What's wrong with processing time... why they reverse back to old time 21 months.
Is that Oct 27, 2011 update is a joke or April fool? Or they are planing to do big change?
I want my wife file start process,, already 5 months is running ,, now they can start process.. gush
hope they would remove 2 from the figure 21.

evanhindra

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
somewhere in the universe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some of you have been very lucky. Your case was processed rather quickly; and you were kept in the loop along the way.

As for me & my wife; we have not even received our File # (though we have our Case #). I have emailed Singapore 3 times (or so) asking if we could get a File #; and we've never gotten an answer.

We submitted our application back in April 2011, Singapore received our files on May 27, 2011. That's the last we've heard from them.

trungngan

Apr 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
27-05-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
28-02-2011
Passport Req..
03-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2011
LANDED..........
02-02-2012
evanhindra said:
Some of you have been very lucky. Your case was processed rather quickly; and you were kept in the loop along the way.

As for me & my wife; we have not even received our File # (though we have our Case #). I have emailed Singapore 3 times (or so) asking if we could get a File #; and we've never gotten an answer.

We submitted our application back in April 2011, Singapore received our files on May 27, 2011. That's the last we've heard from them.
I also emailed them a couple time, only get back reponsed on some

1/ my wife's name got a typo <- got reponsed which request copy of her passport (I got F# from this email)

2/ My cell was stolen, I have to change my cell number. I emailed them to update <- no response from them

3/ My wife address was missing, and come back with a wrong one <- they responsed and said will correct it

4/ I went to MP get letter of recommendation, scan and sent them as well as mail <- no responde

so I guess they only response to some "right" question.

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
After one month waiting, today i got GCMS note from CIC. I thought i will never receive this GCMS note. Singapore already put us in the interview queue. And the reason why they put us in this Queue is very silly. See the notes below that i found from GCMS.

Applicant looks very young -few photos submitted. Sponsor only returned for 9 days for wedding /honeymoon , they were neighbors in Bangladesh-could be favor for the family.

So funny, if they need more clarification, they can easily request to us. Why they are making this unwanted delay?

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
stupidrim said:
After one month waiting, today i got GCMS note from CIC. I thought i will never receive this GCMS note. Singapore already put us in the interview queue. And the reason why they put us in this Queue is very silly. See the notes below that i found from GCMS.

Applicant looks very young -few photos submitted. Sponsor only returned for 9 days for wedding /honeymoon , they were neighbors in Bangladesh-could be favor for the family.

So funny, if they need more clarification, they can easily request to us. Why they are making this unwanted delay?
What is your time line. I will order for caips notes.
Did you ever see in process?
My friend received interview list without in process shows up.

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
mirjahan said:
What is your time line. I will order for caips notes.
Did you ever see in process?
My friend received interview list without in process shows up.
i applied on 27 march,2011. file received by singapore 13 may,2011. sent letter for interview on 26,oct. it seems to me they started processing file after two months of receiving application in singapore, looks very fast. But, my bad luck, i shud sent more pictures or an album. I never saw in Process.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
stupidrim said:
i applied on 27 march,2011. file received by singapore 13 may,2011. sent letter for interview on 26,oct. it seems to me they started processing file after two months of receiving application in singapore, looks very fast. But, my bad luck, i shud sent more pictures or an album. I never saw in Process.
How you know they start process after two months. Maybe i will get result if i order caips notes. I did not send many photos of our wedding too about 17 pictures total. Recently they send letter for interview list for many applicants. Most of them never were in process. I am confuse and worry too , do they ask my wife for interview.
Last month i send an e-mail to them and there reply was this

"Applications are processed in the order in which they were received. If any action is required, we will contact the applicant using the contact information provided on the application."
I do not know if they decide already for interview or not. Still it shows Application received.

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
mirjahan said:
How you know they start process after two months. Maybe i will get result if i order caips notes. I did not send many photos of our wedding too about 17 pictures total. Recently they send letter for interview list for many applicants. Most of them never were in process. I am confuse and worry too , do they ask my wife for interview.
Last month i send an e-mail to them and there reply was this

"Applications are processed in the order in which they were received. If any action is required, we will contact the applicant using the contact information provided on the application."
I do not know if they decide already for interview or not. Still it shows Application received.
They start processing after two months , i found from a note written by visa officer. then after 3 months second officer reviewed his notes and sent to interview queue. In the mean time, probably they waited for further documents from me. But they didn't send any feedback to me.

You can apply for GCMS note , before april,2011 ,it was called CAIPS notes. Both are same.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
stupidrim said:

This is realy very silly cause for an interview. I think they are putting too many people in the interview list just to make us waiting, nothing else. Anyways, I hope you will get the interview schedule very quickly. By the way how many photos you have sent in total?

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
Amy612 said:
This is realy very silly cause for an interview. I think they are putting too many people in the interview list just to make us waiting, nothing else. Anyways, I hope you will get the interview schedule very quickly. By the way how many photos you have sent in total?
I guess, i sent 10-12 photos, later 15 photos. But, most depressing part is, international students who come to canada for studying , they can bring their wives with them at the same time or just right after. And their application process for spouse is so simple. But being a canadian citizen/permanent resident, we are going through a very complicated process. And couldn't see our spouses for years.

It is very depressing for us. :((((((((((((

skam

Aug 11, 2011
mirjahan said:
They takes 4-6 weeks passport back in Bangladesh and to collect.

If this is your time line then you are super super fast. Could you tell us what supporting documents you submitted. That your application process super quick.

app received in Mississauga June 10th 2011
Mississauga started processing Aug 20 2011
Singapore received app Aug 27 2011
started processing Oct 5th 2011
received letter requesting passport Oct 12 2011
dropped passport to Bangladesh embassy Oct 18 2011
Still waiting for Passport with Visa stamped.

So you may expect getting passport mid or end of Nov, 2011
the supporting documents i sent wasn't really out of ordinary, photos of our weeding pics, mostly group photos, went to different trips with my sibling along with my wife sent photos of those. boarding passes, receipt for rescheduling return flight for later date. i guess small things count, cause when i rescheduled, the airline agent actually put note on the receipt that recently got married. be consistent with dates, relatives names and so on.

i provided more proof for visiting visa that i applied for, my whole family supported her. i guess that helped too.

i think everyones file get looked at with in 1 - 2 month after Singapore receives the file, For those if they feel doubt full, their files get keep aside i guess. and every single time the files get kept aside it takes them 3+ month look at it again i guess. those who pass the first trial i guess they get lucky with such a short time line. i guess we got lucky.

another thing i noticed, they take 3 to 4 weeks to update the website.