Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
mirjahan said:
Did they return your all documnets like marriage certificate,birth certificate or only pictures?
did you provide them uk police clearncy cerificate?
if return only pictures or relation supporting document then good sign and return all then bad sign.
you have to provide them your status in uk and pcc on that peruod
they returned only photos, phone bills, wedding, reception invitation cards, and other relationship documents. i submitted UK PC with my application. now they want to know the visa status(under which type of visa i had) and whether i applied for PR in UK. i am so tensed man. please pray for me please please

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
suva said:
they returned only photos, phone bills, wedding, reception invitation cards, and other relationship documents. i submitted UK PC with my application. now they want to know the visa status(under which type of visa i had) and whether i applied for PR in UK. i am so tensed man. please pray for me please please
i think you are on sign and possitive.i think your almost done.send them your uk visa photocopy page.
my application no answer :-(

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
mirjahan said:
i think you are on sign and possitive.i think your almost done.send them your uk visa photocopy page.
my application no answer :-(
thanks for ur reply. dont worry bro, sometimes we gotta depend on luck, u, me or nobody can do anything bout it. remember one thing.. god is there and he got solution for all the problems. man i have one more question, can i fax them? because i dont want to use PO box address.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
suva said:
thanks for ur reply. dont worry bro, sometimes we gotta depend on luck, u, me or nobody can do anything bout it. remember one thing.. god is there and he got solution for all the problems. man i have one more question, can i fax them? because i dont want to use PO box address.
sure they told yoi how to send try both fax and post. Hope it will be good.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
mirjahan said:
sure they told yoi how to send try both fax and post. Hope it will be good.
thanks bro

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
suva said:
suva, we will be praying for you. At least things are happening now instead of hurrying up to wait. Hopefully this will turn out to be the breakthrough you have been waiting for. Whatever happens, don't lose hope. After each victory comes a new crisis, and after each crisis comes a new victory.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
dangerJones said:
suva, we will be praying for you. At least things are happening now instead of hurrying up to wait. Hopefully this will turn out to be the breakthrough you have been waiting for. Whatever happens, don't lose hope. After each victory comes a new crisis, and after each crisis comes a new victory.
thanks for the wish mate. do u have any idea why they have returned those?? and can u find any indication that the interview would be waived?

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
suva said:
thanks for the wish mate. do u have any idea why they have returned those?? and can u find any indication that the interview would be waived?
No idea because I am new to the process here and only just learning how things work at the Singapore VO. If they have returned your documents then it's probably because they have reached some kind of decision, but no idea what that decision might be! Hopefully mirjahan is right and it just means they processed your file quickly and are getting ready to accept your application. Until their official communication comes, I guess all you can do is be patient, be ready for the worst and hope for the best.

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
baobaowaiting said:
My wife received her VISA last week.

Date of issue was Oct 24th 2011.
Congratulations baobao! That's great to hear. From December 2010 to October 2011 is 10 months--it's a long time, but better than 21 months for sure! That gives me hope for our application too. Soon enough your wife will be flying out of VN to land in Canada with you. Hope that process concludes safely, quickly, and smoothly for both of you :)

baobaowaiting

Aug 11, 2011
dangerJones said:
Congratulations baobao! That's great to hear. From December 2010 to October 2011 is 10 months--it's a long time, but better than 21 months for sure! That gives me hope for our application too. Soon enough your wife will be flying out of VN to land in Canada with you. Hope that process concludes safely, quickly, and smoothly for both of you :)
thanks bro,

Our case was not quite straight forward, but it helped that we were assisted by a friend with vast experience in immigration applications. No interview, just waiting.

I hope that the rest of you guys reach a swift and positive result asap.

The past year has been quite tough.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
baobaowaiting said:
thanks bro,

Our case was not quite straight forward, but it helped that were assisted by a friend with vast experience in immigration applications. No interview, just waiting.

I hope that the rest of you guys reach a swift and positive result asap.

The past year has been quite tough.
Yup, Congrats Bao.

I was under the impression that long wait times before processing were near automatic interview. Good news. =)

baobaowaiting

Aug 11, 2011
Hello121 said:
Yup, Congrats Bao.

I was under the impression that long wait times before processing were near automatic interview. Good news. =)
If anything, it might be a bit of a crap shoot. But I highly recommend having a "professional" assist and critique your submission before you send it.

I can summarize my relationship and process if anyone is interested (and doesn't want to try to find the post). I consider my case strong (since it was approved), and it's important to make sure any obvious holes are not left uncovered prior to submission. I've heard about cases where the bride and groom had wildly conflicting "love stories/histories".

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Few days ago, i was discussing with one of my friends found in this forum about our interview list. I told him, probably CIC will introduce "Conditional spouse visa" at the end of this month and will give us the option to choose either interview or conditional VISA. And that's why, they are sending more people in interview queue for very very minimum reason. They already introduced "Super Visa" for our parents ,i am thankful to them for this visa which will be effective by the end of this month. They are changing a lot of their very old immigration system to make it faster and bulletproof . I/We appreciate it. We already know that they are working on Conditional spouse visa and honorable minister said, it will be introduced at the end of this year. I pray and hope , we will get rid of this current situation by receiving this visa. So, be optimistic and don't give up your hope.
I hope you are right that they will introduce TRV I have seen the article on the parent and grand parent super Visa. It would be great if that happen. Singapore could spend their time scrutinizing those that only want Permanent Visa. It allow those couples that don't care whether it is permanent or temporary visa to live their lives.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
I am confuse what it will help us. I do not understand what it will change.
Ratings: +162
[Good] [Poor]

CIC Eliminates Counterfoils for Approved PRs from Visa Exempt Countries
« on: November 14, 2011, 09:21:31 pm »
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob348.asp

Operational Bulletin 348 –
November 14, 2011

Elimination of Counterfoils for Approved Permanent Residence Applicants from Visa-Exempt Countries

Summary

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will no longer issue a counterfoil to applicants approved for permanent residence from visa exempt countries. All approved applicants will continue to be issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document.

Background

Currently, all applicants approved for permanent residence, even from countries exempt from the Temporary Resident Visa requirement, are issued a counterfoil and seal in the passport that they are using for their initial travel to Canada to become a permanent resident.

Instructions

As of December 1, 2011, missions will no longer issue a counterfoil to applicants approved for permanent residence, if the “CNTRY OF ISS. OF TRAVEL DOC:” field on the COPR identifies a regular passport issued by the United States of America or a country identified in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations 190(1)(a) or (b) or 190(2)(b), (c), (d) or (e).

The Canada Border Services Agency's Border Services Officers (BSOs) and Migration Integrity Officers in Canada and abroad will be advised of this change. BSOs will continue to evaluate individuals at the Primary Inspection Line and determine which persons are immigrating to Canada and refer those new immigrants to Immigration secondary for finalization of permanent residence status. In cases where the new immigrant is not finalized at the port of entry as required, staff should advise the individual to contact the CIC Call Centre for options to correct their status in Canada. The Call Centre will continue to follow their current procedures when contacted by immigrants who require finalization of permanent residence status.