+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2012: FSW Arranged Employment applicants join here

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
ibtisamq said:
Hi Guys,

I have read earlier on this post the probably security checking procedures taking place after medical is done however I was wondering if someone can explain a bit with regards to my case. I submitted my medicals on 12th Dec and line was added after couple of days. Alongwith that I send two Police Certificates that were requested.

But since then no news from CIC. Last week I also submitted RCMP even though they didn't ask for it yet. I am not sure if that was the right thing to do. Just wondering what could be happening with my application and how long it could potentially take Visa Officer to request for my passports. Considering I have been in Canada for over two years now and I have gone through similar background checks etc when I applied for my work permit.

Thanks and Regards,
ibtisam
For some reason and I don't know why Canada does not do a thorough security check on you when you come on work permit or study permit. I applied for both and never got requested for fingerprints. PR application, they requested my fingerprints.

It's kind of ironical that people who come on temporary status may not be as big as threat to the society as compared to new PR's when all live under the same roof.

suchnaju

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 1, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 27, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 28, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 11, 2014
The countries I stayed more than half a year are China and UK... I saw people from China got their PPR pretty quick after MR so I assume security check for China is not a problem ...

Thus it may stuck on security check for UK ... Anyone else has been stayed more than half a year in UK and how long did you get your PPR after MR ?

p_sreenath

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
Peace Bridge
same with me, after PCC submission , request for RCMP - now waiting for RCMP results to come its been more than a week . Iam worried why the RCMP taking so long

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
p_sreenath said:
same with me, after PCC submission , request for RCMP - now waiting for RCMP results to come its been more than a week . Iam worried why the RCMP taking so long
The RCMP is really delaying the file....

p_sreenath

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
Peace Bridge
dbss, when did you apply for RCMP , which location?
I applied from Hamilton on 7th Jan , repeative mails to RCMP for update in vain. CIC recieved from medical on 27-Dec 2013
Iam tried of waiting,checking every day .... :(

DelhiGuy

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Hey Sreenath & All,

One more quick questions - the list of eligible occupations which are 24 applies even if you have Arranged Employment ? So the previous experience has to be ONLY on those 24 occupations ? Please advise...

Thanks
CL

p_sreenath

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
Peace Bridge
delhiGuy,
If you have AEO , not to worry with 24 eligible occupation
Basic eligibility according to CIC

We will only process your FSW application if you have:
• at least one year of continuous and paid (full-time or an equal amount in part-time) work experience ◦in a single occupation,
◦within the last 10 years,
◦at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 edition of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), and you:1.have this work experience in one of the eligible occupations, OR
2.have a valid offer of arranged employment, OR
3.are an international student who is enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or who graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the past 12 months) and meet these criteria.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
p_sreenath said:
dbss, when did you apply for RCMP , which location?
I applied from Hamilton on 7th Jan , repeative mails to RCMP for update in vain. CIC recieved from medical on 27-Dec 2013
Iam tried of waiting,checking every day .... :(
I am worried now..I did my RCMP on Jan 14 Toronto Downtown.

I received the request around 4 pm on Tuesday and Commissionaires is 10 minute walking distance for me, hence I did it on Tuesday around 5 pm.

Lets hope so we receive it soon. I was thinking based on the timelines I should get the PPR by next week but does not look like that is going to happen anytime soon. :(

DelhiGuy

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
p_sreenath said:
delhiGuy,

• at least one year of continuous and paid (full-time or an equal amount in part-time) work experience ◦in a single occupation,
◦at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 edition of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), and you:1.have this work experience in one of the eligible occupations, OR
3.are an international student who is enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or who graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the past 12 months) and meet these criteria.
Oh a relief !, So if my previous experience is in techincal support NOC 2282 (which is not in eligible occupations) and I have job offer in 0601 (account manager -sales) then i should be good to apply with primary occupation identified as 2282 ? Please advise.

Thanks
CL

DelhiGuy

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
p_sreenath said:
delhiGuy,

Also, sreenath, what was your primary occupation when you applied ? what previous experience NOC you showed. You are arranged employment candidate too right? Please advise.

Thanks
CL