+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even though, I moved here from US, my home country is not US. After moving to Canada, I didn't travel back to US, however I have gone back to my home country many times.

I am really worried about applying for Citizenship now. I have been here about 6 years now. In November this year, I should have the required 1095 days. So, I plan to apply then. Even though I haven't traveled to US, I traveled to my home country many times. I do not have records of the first 2 and 1/2 years of rent or lease as I mostly stayed with my friends during those period.

However, I am staying at 1 place the last 3 and 1/2 year and have definite and clear records of residence.

Questions: 1) When I apply for Citizenship, do I need to provide all pages of my Passport?
2) How do I apply for travel records? Should I include this record with my initial application?

Thanks a lot.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
This is call something RESIDENCY HEARING by citizenship judge.
and my file placed in january 2013 and it can take upto 16 months.
so anyone has been told residency hearing??

123sMike

Star Member
May 20, 2013
can somebody tell me that in RQ form do I write all teh absences from the date I landed till present or the relevant 4 years period...???

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
123sMike said:
can somebody tell me that in RQ form do I write all teh absences from the date I landed till present or the relevant 4 years period...???
I beleive you should right uptil today. However, read and see what the questions asks?

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
goodman36 said:
Even though, I moved here from US, my home country is not US. After moving to Canada, I didn't travel back to US, however I have gone back to my home country many times.

I am really worried about applying for Citizenship now. I have been here about 6 years now. In November this year, I should have the required 1095 days. So, I plan to apply then. Even though I haven't traveled to US, I traveled to my home country many times. I do not have records of the first 2 and 1/2 years of rent or lease as I mostly stayed with my friends during those period.

However, I am staying at 1 place the last 3 and 1/2 year and have definite and clear records of residence.

Questions: 1) When I apply for Citizenship, do I need to provide all pages of my Passport?
2) How do I apply for travel records? Should I include this record with my initial application?

Thanks a lot.
Apply for citizenship. It doesnt matter where and when you travelled. You they care about is that you stayed in Canada for 3 yrs (1095 days). I myself have travelled a lot to states and other countries. I also was asked for RQ. Lease and rental papers are not the only source that proves that you were in Canada. You can show the bank/credit card statements or school transcripts or job letter to prove that you lived in Canada

rq2013

May 17, 2013
123sMike said:
I can't send private messages so I will reply here.
We have not split files. My wife has not got citizenship yet. My sense is that they (st-clair) are batch processing pre-rq sent around fall 2012 so about a year in processing. We will test the theory in about 4 months :)

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ob-update-retest-policy-and-file-separation-t164120.0.html

New OB529A deal with file splitting for family where one member waiting for a hearing.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Msafiri said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ob-update-retest-policy-and-file-separation-t164120.0.html

New OB529A deal with file splitting for family where one member waiting for a hearing.
What kind of hearing you waiting for????

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
123sMike said:
I am in RQ and my family is stuck with me, so trying to split the file
RQ for residency investigation/ concerns still can't split for other reasons such as test fail then can split.

ymax

Jan 26, 2013
Some good news from a mid 2009 "veteran", my RQ was in queue since end of 2010 in Missi, than abt 9 months ago (end of 2012) was transferred to St Clair.
Ordered ATIP and seen at beginning of Sept2013 that my app was transferred back to Missi for Oath. The guys in St Clair are moving pretty fast, from Nov2012 to Sept2013 was processed, reviewed, assessed and forward back to home center for Oath and now let's see when I'll get invitation letter. See in my signature my timelines. Interesting on ECAS...once was moved to StClair for RQ eval was changed in ECAS as "home center" St Clair, at beginning of Sept ECAS was showing back to Missi as home center so ECAS change back from St Clair to your home center is a clue the appl was assessed, decision made and waiting in queue for Oath. I strongly advise to ask for ATIP request (5 bucks no big deal) to see a more detail progress of your appl's. Really impressed how recently St Clair start speeding at least very old apps.Now let's see how Missi center is moving to Oath schedule.
Any recent timeline clue from test to oath processing time in Missi?

Here are my timelines so far
CIC Office: Mississauga
Recieved by mail: May 2009
Online Status: Nov 2009
Recieved ACK: Nov 2009
Proces Start: Feb 2010
Transf May 2010
Test Nov 18 2010
RQ received May 2011
RQ trasf St Clair Nov 2012
Oath waiting Sept 2013
Oath?????

DELAWARE

Nov 24, 2008
Congrats!!! Finally some good news

But how do you see chnages in ECAS where your file is and all?

I just see in process and when I click on this, I see we sent you a letter if u ahave not yet received............ Please let us know