+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

ymax

Jan 26, 2013
Once my app was trasfered from Missi to StClair in ECAS was changed as home processing center "StClair" like my application/test was at StClair since very begining. When returned back to Missi my home center was changed as "Missi" again.
DELAWARE said:
Congrats!!! Finally some good news

But how do you see chnages in ECAS where your file is and all?

I just see in process and when I click on this, I see we sent you a letter if u ahave not yet received............ Please let us know

toto1234

Aug 8, 2012
how do u people get home centre update my ecas show nothing but appl recd and book sent and statred processing

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
hm...that's strange, as far as I know you can't see on ECAS when and where the application was transferred, usually you call the cic call centre and they update you (from personal experience).

ymax

Jan 26, 2013
Yes you can...somehow...is a clue ....here is what I've seen from Dec 2012 to Aug2013:

"4.Your file was transferred to the St.Clair office on XXX, 2010. The StClair office will contact you if additional information is required. The StClair office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete. "

than
This is what I've seen BEFORE Dec2012 (since I submitted my applic) until Dec 2012 and magically :p AFTER Sept 2013. Same message, but different home center....loool

"4.Your file was transferred to the Mississauga office on XXX, 2010. The Mississauga office will contact you if additional information is required. The Mississauga office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete."

This messages in ECAS are most likely limited (probably 6-7-10max ID messages) based on some sort of ID codes. THe ID code is merged with office where is actually present your file.
Once the file was relocated to St Clair the message changed with word "St Clair" as home office, this was not true coz my home office was always Missi, sound like a software bug... but is a clue where your file is actually than after processing in St Clair and returned back to Missi in Sept this year was re-updated with my real home office Missi, so when I draw the conclusion that my file was re-transfered back to Missi so word "Missi" showed up againin ECAS ...so the meessage was updated back wiith my home center!!!!. I have to admit the ECAS is waaay behind the times, very primitiv but is something than nothing.
This is a front office application interogating their internal database, as far as I know was not updated since StClair start processing all GTA applications, maybe their IT/ SW Developement Dpt should start defining more ID codes for progress status, this will eliminate many hours spent by call center ops and for users at least they can follow with more ganularity their progress status...or why not to disclose some of the ATIP records available online, I am pretty sure that the 5bucks fee is not an issue for everyone. Frustration occures due lack of progress status, hours spent to get a live voice on their call center, than build-ul pressure to CIC "free of charge", with a minimal investment to SW developers lots of problems could be put back on track...my two cents

Yolka said:
hm...that's strange, as far as I know you can't see on ECAS when and where the application was transferred, usually you call the cic call centre and they update you (from personal experience).

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
ymax said:
Yes you can...somehow...is a clue ....here is what I've seen from Dec 2012 to Aug2013:

"4.Your file was transferred to the St.Clair office on XXX, 2010. The StClair office will contact you if additional information is required. The StClair office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete. "

than
This is what I've seen BEFORE Dec2012 (since I submitted my applic) until Dec 2012 and magically :p AFTER Sept 2013. Same message, but different home center....loool

"4.Your file was transferred to the Mississauga office on XXX, 2010. The Mississauga office will contact you if additional information is required. The Mississauga office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete."

This messages in ECAS are most likely limited (probably 6-7-10max ID messages) based on some sort of ID codes. THe ID code is merged with office where is actually present your file.
Once the file was relocated to St Clair the message changed with word "St Clair" as home office, this was not true coz my home office was always Missi, sound like a software bug... but is a clue where your file is actually than after processing in St Clair and returned back to Missi in Sept this year was re-updated with my real home office Missi, so when I draw the conclusion that my file was re-transfered back to Missi so word "Missi" showed up againin ECAS ...so the meessage was updated back wiith my home center!!!!. I have to admit the ECAS is waaay behind the times, very primitiv but is something than nothing.
This is a front office application interogating their internal database, as far as I know was not updated since StClair start processing all GTA applications, maybe their IT/ SW Developement Dpt should start defining more ID codes for progress status, this will eliminate many hours spent by call center ops and for users at least they can follow with more ganularity their progress status...or why not to disclose some of the ATIP records available online, I am pretty sure that the 5bucks fee is not an issue for everyone. Frustration occures due lack of progress status, hours spent to get a live voice on their call center, than build-ul pressure to CIC "free of charge", with a minimal investment to SW developers lots of problems could be put back on track...my two cents
Hi ymax, please do not take it personally, I just never heard that before ( I think cic in past did show the transfer updates on ECAS but now they don't). Mine still says started processing in January 2013 and that's it. Although I know my appl was transferred later but was not updated on ecas! I heard the same from many people on the forum that ecas never shows the transfer info even after they take the test.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
By the way ymax, are you from 2010 applicant? are you still waiting for the test or you got RQ?

Good luck!

ymax

Jan 26, 2013
don't know other ecas...this is shown in my case...I submitted my app in mid 2009...maybe this is for very old apps...gotta confirm yes or not with other forum member...

Yolka said:
By the way ymax, are you from 2010 applicant? are you still waiting for the test or you got RQ?

Good luck!

ymax

Jan 26, 2013
Here are my timelines
CIC Office: Mississauga
Recieved by mail: May 2009
Online Status: Nov 2009
Recieved ACK: Nov 2009
Proces Start: Feb 2010
Transf May 2010
Test Nov 18 2010
RQ trasf St Clair Nov-Dec 2012
RQ returned back to Missi Sept 2013 for Oath (based on ATIP)

Yolka said:

Good luck!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
ymax said:
Here are my timelines
CIC Office: Mississauga
Recieved by mail: May 2009
Online Status: Nov 2009
Recieved ACK: Nov 2009
Proces Start: Feb 2010
Transf May 2010
Test Nov 18 2010
RQ trasf St Clair Nov-Dec 2012
RQ returned back to Missi Sept 2013 for Oath (based on ATIP)
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa O My Gosh such long process :eek: WOW! :( I am sorry, does it mean you had your Oath already or still waiting?

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
ymax said:
Still waitin'...hopefully not too much...I'm gonna let U know guys when champagne time
Wow, amazing! All the very best to you and Hope you get your oath letter very soon!

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Mine is worst,

i applied in 2010 feb,
RQ and test 2011 march,
from then waiting waiting waiting,
they told me in 2013 feb i will have to see citizenship judge hearing.
does any one has this waiting time to see citizenship judge at st.clair office toronto??

please respond.
please and thank you..!!!

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please someone advise me....

My 3 year physical presence (within last 4 years) would be complete next month. I am preparing to apply for Citizenship. Right now I am in Toronto. However, there is a good possibility that I may move to Edmonton, for job purposes, next month. Most likely I will be there for over a year, may be more.

So, would it better to apply from Edmonton? (side note: I have been in Canada for 6 years now and have been in and out several times)