+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Inland...Future Outland Application from Rabat?

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
I am very sorry for the refusal.

What you are going through is what many of us, immigrants, are going through in Canada; language barrier, homesickness, nothing to do, no friends, no money, low self-esteem, no sense of belonging. You are not alone :D

Personally, I cannot even think about being away from my love even a day, even though we are super tight financially. Being together with him is far more important than anything else. Though sounds like you are not getting along with your in-laws, which would be very difficult to deal with. If you have access with high speed internet at home, bury yourself in free online programs, French, cooking (I love Mediterranean dishes), Yoga, Pilates, etc. etc. for instance ;). Being away for years is probably far more difficult than one could imagine.... Just my opinion.

M

mikeymyke

I've read your previous posts and about your history, tow75. Even though I agree you guys have a real relationship, you have to understand what the VO sees. Personally I think because you guys got married so quickly and literally, on the same month his visa was about to expire, and the fact he changed his studies 4 times, are the biggest red flags. The colorblind thing I don't think its a terribly big deal compared to those two.

I know it must be frustrating and upsetting, but the VO is unable to look deep in your hearts to determine the genuity of your relationship, and he/she just has to rely on the facts presented.

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
I agree...going into our interview I knew those would be big things. We were both grilled about our quick marriage, and as awful as it was I think it was fair on the part of the IO since our application was so badly prepared by our previous immigration consultant. But ultimately at the end of the interview we both felt like she was satisfied with our answers. What wasn't right was how procedurally unfair her decision was - she gave us about 3 hours the day after the interview to submit "evidence" of my husband's intentions 5 years ago. We faxed her a signed letter the next day asking for an extension for proving my husband has nothing to gain by staying here, which she ignored. We were going to submit bank statements from Morocco, property assessments of my husband's properties, even the eye examination receipt from 2008 which included nothing about my husband being colourblind. We never expected this to be easy, we just expected it to be fair. She wanted "facts" but she ignored the facts we wanted to give her. We had letters from friends that we sent in the day after the interview (she didn't want to see them at the interview) and they were mailed back to us...we both have a sneaking suspicion that the envelope containing the letters was never read.
When we got married we were 20 and stupid and naive...we were more concerned with where our next meal and beer would come from than what our wedding would look like to CIC. If any other 20 year old girl wanted to marry some 20 yr old dude and asked for my advice I would tell her she was out of her mind - but I know that when I married my husband it was the best decision I ever made. Everything happens for a reason..we've both learned so much out of this experience and I wouldn't change that.

papirico

Star Member
Mar 17, 2013
I know of one couple who got refused inland. Husband went back to his home country, wife did not sell anything and stayed in Canada with their 2 children. They re-applied outland shortly after, in less than 3 months. Got approved and finalized the process in less than a year. Even though there's no right to appeal inland, you can successfully re-apply outland right away.
The key is to have determination and will.

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived AIP:February 13, 2013
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Don't be so hard on yourself. Order all of your notes, get the facts straight about the refusal, get all your documentation together and begin your outland application, most of all, get on with enjoying your young life!

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Maybe the 2 children helped with how the outland VO viewed the file? I know that our next application will have to be prepared in a way that proves the last decision was wrong. Our refusal letter said that my husband was gaining a lot by staying with me, and in the interview the IO kept bringing up how financially unbalanced our relationship was (I was working full time and my husband couldn't). But now that he's working full time and I'm not, him supporting me will be really important...it will prove that he can have a decent life and job and doesn't need to fake a marriage to gain anything in Canada. But I feel like if we applied right now the VO would make the same decision as the last one. If someone is enough of a sociopath to fake a 2 year marriage, which is what the IO believed about my husband, they can be enough of a sociopath to make their wife move to a different country with them to get back into Canada. I think the longer we wait before applying outland the better, the more evidence we will have the the inland IO's decision was wrong.
I'm going to order the FOSS notes this week so we'll see exactly what the IO wrote, in the refusal letter all there was was section 4.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
tow75 said:
Maybe the 2 children helped with how the outland VO viewed the file? I know that our next application will have to be prepared in a way that proves the last decision was wrong. Our refusal letter said that my husband was gaining a lot by staying with me, and in the interview the IO kept bringing up how financially unbalanced our relationship was (I was working full time and my husband couldn't). But now that he's working full time and I'm not, him supporting me will be really important...it will prove that he can have a decent life and job and doesn't need to fake a marriage to gain anything in Canada. But I feel like if we applied right now the VO would make the same decision as the last one. If someone is enough of a sociopath to fake a 2 year marriage, which is what the IO believed about my husband, they can be enough of a sociopath to make their wife move to a different country with them to get back into Canada. I think the longer we wait before applying outland the better, the more evidence we will have the the inland IO's decision was wrong.
I'm going to order the FOSS notes this week so we'll see exactly what the IO wrote, in the refusal letter all there was was section 4.
That sounds somewhat sexist and inappropriate as I have read a lot of cases on here where the wife is staying at home not working (sometimes even the husband). However, if he was a student all that time and never worked in Canada, that fact could have aggravated the perception the IO had already formed before the interview. Remember that for outland, his IO will not be the same, not will it be the same group of people (not even the same country!). Just by the fact that you two are together in his country and he is now supporting you may mean a lot. All the luck to you on your new application, for whenever you decide to apply.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
steerpike said:
1) Inland can't appeal.

2) No VO has ever lost his job because his/her decision was overturned on appeal.
1) Makes sense

2) Makes no sense

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
The IO was very sexist actually! When she interviewed my husband separately from me she kept asking him why he accepted that I worked and he sat at home since he comes from a "male dominated culture". I really hope the next VO can see our file with an open mind. I hear that Rabat is a tough office though and that there are only 3 VOs working there. I'm sure they get lots of MOCs and complicated cases so our application will have to be perfect! Thanks for your replies.

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
For inland applications both spouses are interviewed, but for outland I think it's just the applicant.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
tow75 said:
For inland applications both spouses are interviewed, but for outland I think it's just the applicant.
yeah outland is just the applicant