+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Dillis

Sep 21, 2022
Hello all,

now I’m scared.
I sent in my first application for my RTD via FedEx to the Gatineau office and it was delivered on the 6th of March.
i called IRCC and they said they have not received my application yet nd told me same thing when I called the next week

I sent a second application via express Canada post to the Ottawa office on the 26th of March and it says Available for pickup. It said the office had some sort of hold nd hence they could not deliver the mail but they can come pick it up?

has anyone had this type of issue.. this is already one month wasted for me

iftikhar0022

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
I have a question which of these two centers is faster for making RTD?

Courier address
Centralized Network – Certificate of Identity Section
Place du Centre, Commercial Level 2
200 Promenade du Portage
Gatineau, Quebec J8X 4B7

Mailing address (non-courier)
OSC PPT-COI
PO Box 8783 STN T CSC
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 5G8

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have a question which of these two centers is faster for making RTD?

Courier address
Centralized Network – Certificate of Identity Section
Place du Centre, Commercial Level 2
200 Promenade du Portage
Gatineau, Quebec J8X 4B7

Mailing address (non-courier)
OSC PPT-COI
PO Box 8783 STN T CSC
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 5G8
There is no such statistics which one is faster or slower

Sayfat

Apr 2, 2024
Hi there.Actually I have questions.I sent my application for travel document on November.After 5 months when I called them they said I have to send some of the informations again,,basically I have to fill up the form again.And they said while sending the new one I have to mention the file number on top of the envelop so that they can find that the file is carrying additional documents.Can anyone tell me what is that file number, where can I find that?

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi there.Actually I have questions.I sent my application for travel document on November.After 5 months when I called them they said I have to send some of the informations again,,basically I have to fill up the form again.And they said while sending the new one I have to mention the file number on top of the envelop so that they can find that the file is carrying additional documents.Can anyone tell me what is that file number, where can I find that?
It should be on the letter they sent to advise you to send additional document. That letter has file number.

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
Hi guys , I have questions for those that renew'd or applied for a new RTD...

1. Do they require you to provide your expiring RTD ( a copy or the actual document )when applying for a new RTD ?
2. If so, do they keep or return your expiring RTD ?...........
3. What happens if you have like a valid US visa on your expiring RTD ?.. (this my biggest worry)

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys , I have questions for those that renew'd or applied for a new RTD...

1. Do they require you to provide your expiring RTD ( a copy or the actual document )when applying for a new RTD ?
2. If so, do they keep or return your expiring RTD ?...........
3. What happens if you have like a valid US visa on your expiring RTD ?.. (this my biggest worry)
1. Yes
2. They keep it
3. If there’s valid visa, send a note asking to return back to you and they will do so.

Albi Komi

Apr 3, 2024
Hello everyone,
Does anyone have experience travelling to Europe with RTD and NO PR?
I have a valid RTD and a Schengen French Visa?
Is that good enough? Will they give me a hard time?
thank you