+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee interviews

OFC632

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
We have undergone an immigration interview that lasted almost two and one-third hours. The majority of the questions pertained to the Basis of Claims and aimed to verify facts, discrepancies, and consistency.
Did you get positive decision on table.

binish001

Mar 7, 2023
Syria
Category........
Other
I’ve applied on December,22nd Ontario - Toronto (Etobicoke). Medical I’ve finished on January 7th. First interview was scheduled for February 17th when they seized my passport. Work Permit they sent me via Canada Post on March 8th. In Etobicoke where I’ve been for the interview, lady said me that I will wait 4-6 weeks for the next interview but still nothing.
My husband applied in November, 1st in Montreal, QC. They seized his passport November 1st, 2nd interview he got Convenient Refugee Document - November 28th, they sent his Work Permit on December, 1st. His IRB hearing is scheduled for March 31st. In each province is different and to be honest I don’t know how is in British Colombia, but I hope that this should help approximately to have some answers.
Is your eligility come

denvela

Mar 10, 2023
Ok... plz share your complete time line. It will be a support .

23 December 2022: Arrived in Canada

27 February 2023: Signed and Submitted the Basis of Claim Form to IRCC. (Inland Claim)

07 March 2023: Received instructions for Immigration Medical Examination

11 March 2023: Results of my Immigration Medical Examination have been submitted to IRCC

17 March 2023: 1st Interview, Biometrics, and issued Notice of Seizure of Documents

03 April 2023: 2nd Interview, Issued Refugee Protection Claimant Document, Removal/Departure Order (to be implemented if the claim is denied)
and Confirmation of Referral

04 April 2023: Issuance of Open Work Permit

Will wait for Notice to Appear for a Hearing (several months of waiting)

Reactions: JayCool90 and Enose

binish001

Mar 7, 2023
Syria
Category........
Other

27 February 2023: Signed and Submitted the Basis of Claim Form to IRCC. (Inland Claim)

11 March 2023: Results of my Immigration Medical Examination have been submitted to IRCC

17 March 2023: 1st Interview, Biometrics, and issued Notice of Seizure of Documents

03 April 2023: 2nd Interview, Issued Refugee Protection Claimant Document, Removal/Departure Order (to be implemented if the claim is denied)

Thank you. It was all so quick. It was all on luck or you had something different to get dats early.

denvela

Mar 10, 2023
Thank you. It was all so quick. It was all on luck or you had something different to get dats early.
You need to have a very detailed BOC with attached evidence like news articles, support statements, case information, etc. If you can also get legal aid it is much better for technical matters of drafting a BOC.

Morale

Apr 6, 2023

I signed my and submitted my complete boc on the 18 January 2023, with all available evidences. I am in Montreal.

Since then I haven’t heard anything from them except one week ago when my lawyer asked me my height, my address before moving to Canada, my ID and double checking the dates in boc.
Does that mean our application was not complete? And if so, will it cause a significant delay?

I’m also wondering if I will have to do both biometrics and Medical exam again, since I did them both last year applying for my visa.

Lastly is it normal to wait 4 months and more before getting the first eligibility interview?

denvela

Mar 10, 2023
I signed my and submitted my complete boc on the 18 January 2023, with all available evidences. I am in Montreal.

Since then I haven’t heard anything from them except one week ago when my lawyer asked me my height, my address before moving to Canada, my ID and double checking the dates in boc.
Does that mean our application was not complete? And if so, will it cause a significant delay?

I’m also wondering if I will have to do both biometrics and Medical exam again, since I did them both last year applying for my visa.

Lastly is it normal to wait 4 months and more before getting the first eligibility interview?
In your region, the high number of refugee claims is likely the reason for the lengthy processing times. In the Eastern region, for instance, there were 25,000 referrals as of 2022, of which only 7,000 have been finalized, and there are still approximately 32,000 pending applications. Due to the overwhelming volume of applications, authorities are taking great care in their decision-making process and referral to the IRB. For visa applications, medical and biometric assessments are required, and these may need to be repeated for immigration purposes. Once your application has been submitted, all that is left to do is wait. However, if you have already submitted the BOC, you will likely have a reason to avoid deportation.

binish001

Mar 7, 2023
Syria
Category........
Other
I’ve applied on December,22nd Ontario - Toronto (Etobicoke). Medical I’ve finished on January 7th. First interview was scheduled for February 17th when they seized my passport. Work Permit they sent me via Canada Post on March 8th. In Etobicoke where I’ve been for the interview, lady said me that I will wait 4-6 weeks for the next interview but still nothing.
My husband applied in November, 1st in Montreal, QC. They seized his passport November 1st, 2nd interview he got Convenient Refugee Document - November 28th, they sent his Work Permit on December, 1st. His IRB hearing is scheduled for March 31st. In each province is different and to be honest I don’t know how is in British Colombia, but I hope that this should help approximately to have some answers.
Any feed back

SRB30

Mar 13, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22/12/2022
Med's Request
03/01/2023
Med's Done....
07/01/2023
Interview........
17/02/2023
Passport Req..
17/02/2023
LANDED..........
29/09/2022

Morale

Apr 6, 2023
In your region, the high number of refugee claims is likely the reason for the lengthy processing times. In the Eastern region, for instance, there were 25,000 referrals as of 2022, of which only 7,000 have been finalized, and there are still approximately 32,000 pending applications. Due to the overwhelming volume of applications, authorities are taking great care in their decision-making process and referral to the IRB. For visa applications, medical and biometric assessments are required, and these may need to be repeated for immigration purposes. Once your application has been submitted, all that is left to do is wait. However, if you have already submitted the BOC, you will likely have a reason to avoid deportation.
Today I was asked to provide my Criminal Record Certificate, what does this mean? I haven’t attended any eligibility interview yet and I applied 3 months ago.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nothing yet. I am really worried and I don’t get why it needs so long.
Your exhusband’s ( based on previous posts) processing time was unusually fast. Your processing time has been relatively fast as well. Many are waiting up to a year to get a WP. A lot of people claimed asylum and the system is overwhelmed so there are wait times. Any timeline given are just estimates. Was it your ex husband that got the hearing and has he heard whether he was approved or denied? Was his case identified as less complex?

sky9600

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Yea I know some friends in cornwall (Ontario)who applied in December, they have even received their workpermit and some of those who applied in November whose cases have been judged to be less complex have received their positive response without hearing. In fact the time does not really matter all depend on who is processing your case, and how lucky you are.
I applied in September and I have received my Work permit today.
Well Said.